• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next RESIDENT EVIL: What character team-ups do you want to see?

Neiteio

I think it's safe to say there will be a Resident Evil 7, and even a Revelations 3 at some point. And part of the fun of anticipating a new RE is wondering which characters will be featured.

Currently, in Revelations 2 (which is amazing, BTW), we have Claire and Moira (Barry's daughter, making her debut). We also have Barry himself, and newcomer Natalia.

Previously, in Resident Evil 6, we had Leon and newcomer Helena, Chris and newcomer Piers, Sherry and newcomer Jake, and Ada Wong.

And prior to that, in the first Revelations, we had such playable characters as Jill, Chris, and newcomer Parker.

Who should be next? Do you want:

- A Chris and Jill team-up (the They Should Get Married combo)?
- A Chris and Claire team-up (the Redfield combo)?
- A Leon and Claire team-up (the RE2 combo)?
- A Claire and Sherry team-up (the -other- RE2 combo)?
- A Chris and Jake team-up (the This is Awkward combo)?
- A Barry and Rebecca team-up (the Rest of RE1 combo)?
- A Jake and Sherry team-up, again (the Such a Cute Couple combo)?

Or maybe go full bad-ass, reviving Krauser with nanomachines and teaming up with HUNK... Or maybe go full femme fatale, teaming up Jessica and Ada. It doesn't make sense, but that's OK!

I'd also like to see Sheva come back. Parker, too. "I'M BUYING YOU LUNCH."

What characters do you want to see in RE7 or Rev 3?

Corpekata

Banned
I want it to be the adventures of those two stoner type dopes you play as in Revelations for some reason. A full game, nobody else.

aly

Leon + Hunnigan. I just want to play as Hunnigan.

Also I want them to bring Sheva back. I don't care who she teams up with.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I want a solo Ada Wong RE game. No partners. If she needs one...I'd say...Julia Voth Jill would be ace.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I would really like a Chris and Jill game. I think it's long over due.

No team ups, please.

Resident evil has always been based off a partner system. Maybe not as involved all the time but RE always focuses on 2 characters trying to get out of a shit situation.

Just because there is a team up doesn't mean there has to be co-op. Look at revelations 1 and 2 for example.

Bl@de

I want it to be the adventures of those two stoner type dopes you play as in Revelations for some reason. A full game, nobody else.

What the... How ... Why

dpdfq.gif

Howabout nobody. How about a game similar to Evil Within. 1 character, scarce ressources, horror ... But if not ... Please not those two. Never.

pizzacat

Banned
I wouldn't want a teamup, even though the coop in Rev2 is a combination of all their bad gimmicks they've had in the past done right for once.

LegendX48

I would really like a Chris and Jill game. I think it's long over due.

Resident evil has always been based off a partner system. Maybe not as involved all the time but RE always focuses on 2 characters trying to get out of a shit situation.

Just because there is a team up doesn't mean there has to be co-op. Look at revelations 1 and 2 for example.
Rev 2 is a co-op game though. Going back to how it was in the old games where I guess there technically was a team up, but you were completely alone 99% of the time, would be the absolute best way to go.

Neiteio

The stoner dudes, Quint and Keith, were great (see avatar). But yeah, I wouldn't want them to carry a main campaign. A post-game side story would be fun, though.

After Claire's glorious return in Revelations 2, I'm going to need... even more Claire.
Yeah, I'm a huge Claire fan now. She's so good in Revelations 2.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'd prefer solo, but if I had to have a team up then my dream one would be Jill and Sheva.

Jill and Leon are long overdue a team up too.

BadWolf

Even if they do have two characters I hope they cut back on needing both of them to push a lever etc. to proceed.

Neiteio

Well, I quite like the team-ups. Probably because I like the back-and-forth banter, but I also like having co-op as an option. Enjoyed Rev 2 couch co-op this weekend, in fact. Wouldn't want to give up that option.

Chris and Jill would be a great option. Really explore their friendship. Chris did go to the ends of the world to save Jill, after all. (Twice!)

But I'd also like to see another Redfield pairing — modern-day Claire and Chris. And I'd be interested to see how Claire interacts with grown-up Sherry.

At the same time, I like the chemistry between Jake and Sherry. It would be especially interesting to see how they work together now that they're friends.

They could have a back-and-forth structure like Rev 2, where you play as one set of characters and then another. And at certain points, the teams could get separated, and rearranged. I.E. Chris and Jill could get separated, and Claire and Sherry could get separated, and so for a few hours you play as Chris and Claire.

Jawmuncher

Carols and Rebecca would be pretty cool.
Carlos was never on the run like billy is, which would make sense for him to still remain hidden. Rebecca is a fan favorite that needs another leading role.

dellingr

I really liked Rebecca and Billy as partners. Although I really just want to find out what happened to Rebecca in general. So Rebecca with anyone.

Top Bottom