• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next RESIDENT EVIL: What character team-ups do you want to see?

FLD

I read what you wrote. I was disagreeing with you on Rev 1 — I think it worked fine there — but I was agreeing with you on Rev 2, which you and I both like (so far).

What? I think you misread what I wrote, then. I wasn't criticizing Rev 1, I was saying it felt more cohesive than RE6. I mean, there were too many different characters and too much jumping around between them, imho, but that's not really what I was talking about.

Seyavesh

chris redfield and his fist
0Npb.jpg

dot

I kinda want a Leon + Ada team up, and just them. Just to wrap up their whole story and everything.

Capcom will probably save them for RE8 though since these two always seem to be in even numbered RE games..

I'll miss Helena though.

Neff

I want to see Becky back, if only because she's been gone the longest.

I was hoping to see Barry back for RE6, then RE7, but after Revelations 2's disappointing return, I can live without him for a while. Claire too. Revelations 2 ruined two great comebacks right there.

I'd be happy to see Sheva back. More Jake would be awesome. I think Billy might be their wild card pick.

Jill by herself

I'd be fine with this, too.

Mifec

Why did we need Helena in 6, Leon's campaign would have been awesome with Ada and elements of her campaign added in.

Cuz of the Carla drama.

I'm actually replaying RE6 right now, just finished Chris' stuff, time to roll my eyes at the Jake stuff, at least Sherry is awesome.

Neiteio

I want to see Becky back, if only because she's been gone the longest.

I was hoping to see Barry back for RE6, then RE7, but after Revelations 2's disappointing return, I can live without him for a while. Claire too. Revelations 2 ruined two great comebacks right there.

I'd be happy to see Sheva back. More Jake would be awesome. I think Billy might be their wild card pick.

I'd be fine with this, too.
You're the first negative opinion I've read of Barry in Rev 2. Most people seem to love him so far. The voice actor and script for him is excellent, hamming it up in delicious fashion. We get to see his fatherly side with regard to Moira and Natalia, as well. The badass with a heart of gold. They nailed it, IMO.

And Rev 2 Claire might be one of my favorite RE protags yet. But I don't have a preconceived notion of her character from RE2, so I'm not coming at her with the same perspective.

Manu

Say whaaaaaaat?

Jawmuncher

At this point I personally don't want to see a solo RE experience if it's the newer style.
Even if it's a AI that doesn't do much like in Rev 1, to me it makes sense to have someone with you. With all situations the cast has been in, they should be smarter than to go at it alone. Unless they're going with people being captured all the time.

As if Leon gonna stop chasing that Ada action

That scene in Chapter 5 with
Leon choosing to continue going to the roof with Helena as opposed to chasing after Ada
symbolized the breaking point in their doomed relationship. Time waits for no woman and Ada had her chance.

Only the second campaign in RE6 had more sexual tension.

dellingr

I think Rebecca's a good candidate for a future Revelations game.

Hopefully. She's been absent from the series for far too long.

Best post, it's gotten hard to feel sympathetic dread at this point, they are all way too competent. Bring the new blood!

Barring that, Rebecca probably. Especially if she stayed away from the BSAA & is just a doctor someplace

That would be a cool idea actually. Have Rebecca just be a doctor and then things go crazy in a creepy hospital or something. Could have a lot of potential.

Neff

Say whaaaaaaat?

I was hoping Barry or Claire's big comeback was going to be in a better/bigger budget game than Revelations 2, that's all.

(NOTE: Rev 2 highlights how Barry was like a adoptive father to orphans Chris and Claire)

This is pretty spoilery because it's never been hinted at outside of Revelations 2 to my knowledge.

Manu

I was hoping Barry or Claire's big comeback was going to be in a better/bigger budget game than Revelations 2, that's all.

Oh. I think you meant they ruined the characters themselves, and I thought it was weird since they're absolutely nailing them.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I'd like it if the the "canon" story had no partner, but you could just drop in some random for co-op.

Kind of like they patched in the "Agent" for Ada's campaign.

I mean, co-op is fun, and at this point it's expected, but I don't think the campaign story needs to be actually built around it

Slaythe

I wish they would just make a new outbreak.....

With a bigger scope. If you make it coop, let people actually split and try to do various objectives alone in a big place. The players that die they become playable zombies or monsters depending on what killed them.

Have a talkie like communication to stay in touch. Give players the choice to actually team up or not and maybe betray each other.

The fear and replay value would be so good.

I m getting sick of the REV style. And RE6 was just bad.

At this point I personally don't want to see a solo RE experience if it's the newer style.
Even if it's a AI that doesn't do much like in Rev 1, to me it makes sense to have someone with you. With all situations the cast has been in, they should be smarter than to go at it alone. Unless they're going with people being captured all the time.

Eh, they could make it work in the new style by having Chris 'The Boulder' Redfield making a suicidal, no holds barred mission. Character has been so self-destructive that it wouldn't be surprising if they 'retired' him within the next two main-line titles.

However, co-op is a huge part of the new identity of the series that there is no going back, regardless of how people may feel about it.

Neff

Oh. I think you meant they ruined the characters themselves, and I thought it was weird since they're absolutely nailing them.

Not ruined, but...

Barry doesn't seem like Barry to me. Granted, 15 years will do a lot to a man, particularly after what he's been through, but he's lost some of his trademark flippancy and swagger, missing daughter or not (he still managed to 'be' Barry while his entire family was being threatened).

Revelations 2's Claire is more faithful to the older games, but the game hasn't given me a reason to consider her any better than a bottom-of-the-pile iteration of her yet.

Eh, it's Revelations 2, written by Dai Satō and a bunch of bad/overly creative translators. I'm not expecting much.

Bergerac

Generally it needs to go back to a single person.

Though a BONUS Co-Op campaign that showed the dynamics of the partnerships, with fraught tensions between Leon and Ada getting largely stuck together from A to B, and conversely a rather emotive storyline with Claire and Sherry would be perfect. That's if they had the balls to do something TLOU-level with Claire and Sherry. Like RE2 revisited. With feels. If pulled off right it could be amazing, but it would have to be a lot less action oriented (perfect in other words).

Manu

Barry doesn't seem like Barry to me. Granted, 15 years will do a lot to a man, particularly after what he's been through, but he's lost some of his trademark flippancy and swagger, missing daughter or not (he still managed to 'be' Barry while his entire family was being threatened).

He sounds exactly like you'd expect Barry from RE1 (as in OG RE1, not the REmake) to sound.

I actually think they took a lot of his personality on the Remake. In Revelations 2 they found a way to give him his campy charm from the first game while keeping him serious.

It's great.

I want a reboot. The plot's too dumb and convoluted as it is plus all my favorite characters are old and ugly.

Either a reboot or a new cast of playable characters is all I want.

Eh, they could make it work in the new style by having Chris 'The Boulder' Redfield making a suicidal, no holds barred mission. Character has been so self-destructive that it wouldn't be surprising if they 'retired' him within the next two main-line titles.

However, co-op is a huge part of the new identity of the series that there is no going back, regardless of how people may feel about it.

They have tried to kill Chris twice now, don't see it happening anytime soon.
Chris campaign in 6 was actually my favorite but the whole Chris set up was awful.
He goes missing for 6 months and Piers is the one who finds him?
He also didn't need another game to be depressed in right after 5, especially on the note he ended on.

GrayChild

No particular request for a certain character. However, it would be nice if we have one campaign with no coop mode whatsoever, and another one that is more like the recent installments.

Off: I also wonder who will be the director of RE7. If someone can make such thread it would be an interesting discussion, especially with the different directors each post RE4 game had.

Neiteio

I want a reboot. The plot's too dumb and convoluted as it is plus all my favorite characters are old and ugly.

Either a reboot or a new cast of playable characters is all I want.
I'd actually say RE lore is surprisingly straight-forward and coherent for such a long-running canon. I quite like how they've handled the various narrative threads. For example, Rev 1 establishing the BSAA and leading straight into Lost in Nightmare, which leads into RE5, and then Rev 2 following up on certain details from RE5 (spoilers:
Uroboros, Alex Wesker
), and leading into RE6, all while bringing back characters from RE1 (Barry) and RE2 (Claire).

Top Bottom