• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next RESIDENT EVIL: What character team-ups do you want to see?

King Boo

well for teamups, i would like to see more redfields/burtons vs
weskers
i would also be ok with...

solo chris where he goes on a long journey (mansion, city, pyramid, moonbase, asteriod lab base) and he has starfox 64 sequences (since he's a pilot) between some of those areas. everyone in the world are comically evil, and chris is just tired of it. when he's on foot, he never has enough ammo, and has to melee things most of the time. when you beat the game, there is a cutscene of a mysterious man with sunglasses drinking water on the planet mars, and chris somehow can hear him and pleads with congress to increase money for the space program so he can travel to mars and defeat him.

or

solo leon where he is kidnapped and placed in an underground research facility. after an unknown amount of time, he wakes up and tries to escape. when he finally does, it's a world straight out of fallout, and leon has to learn how to juggle between one-liners and having a conversation with the survivors. later he learns it was just an old umbrella base, and the world is still mostly ok. oh yeah, ada for some reason was on the island.

Neiteio

well for teamups, i would like to see more redfields/burtons vs wesker
i would also be ok with...

solo chris where he goes on a long journey (mansion, city, pyramid, moonbase, asteriod lab base) and he has starfox 64 sequences (since he's a pilot) between some of those areas. everyone in the world are comically evil, and chris is just tired of it. when he's on foot, he never has enough ammo, and has to melee things most of the time. when you beat the game, there is a cutscene of a mysterious man with sunglasses drinking water on the planet mars, and chris somehow can hear him and pleads with congress to increase money for the space program so he can travel to mars and defeat him.
I'm seriously in tears, haha

Neff

One idea which often comes up is a Resident Evil set in the past, like ten or twenty years before the Spencer Mansion incident. I'd be very happy with that.

I just hope they bring Sheva back. Also upgrade Josh to a main cast position.

josh.gif

RSB

Banned
I don't know, I like many characters in the RE universe, and I can think of many combinations I would love. I guess Sherry and Leon/Claire could be great, like a RE2 reunion or something.

Anyway, I'd like them to take the multiple campaign approach with RE7. I loved that in RE6, and using it again would leave room for multiple characters and different team-ups to be in the game.

Seriously, so many awesome characters in this series. RE <3

Edit: Oh, and no reboot please, The series is fine as it is.

I want a reboot. The plot's too dumb and convoluted as it is plus all my favorite characters are old and ugly.

Either a reboot or a new cast of playable characters is all I want.

A reboot will be just more of what they are already doing, going by the philosophies I've seen from Capcom and its developers.

Can't say the plot is really convoluted. It's insane, but afaik it's all rather straight forward. Worst thing I can think of is the Carla stuff in RE6.

Also have to keep in mind that REmake was somewhat of a reboot towards a more serious approach, and they ended up throwing that out as early as RE0.
They have tried to kill Chris twice now, don't see it happening anytime soon.
Chris campaign in 6 was actually my favorite but the whole Chris set up was awful.
He goes missing for 6 months and Piers is the one who finds him?
He also didn't need another game to be depressed in right after 5, especially on the note he ended on.

Probably should have made it clear that if that's the route Capcom wants to proceed with Chris, may as well make it his end.

But saying what Capcom should do is like saying what your government representative should do. Always the tone of disappointment.
One idea which often comes up is a Resident Evil set in the past, like ten or twenty years before the Spencer Mansion incident. I'd be very happy with that.

RE: Vietnam.

Rebecca needs to come back. I would really like to know what happened to her after RE 1 and I'm getting tired of seeing Chris and Leon so much.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Leon and Leon.

Wait, that is both the same person! Yeah, because I want them to ditch the gruesome tacked on Coop and just do a proper SP game again!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This

At least Capcom should clarify what happens to Billy after RE0

Hopefully he didn't get eaten by Cerberus in the woods...

yep, they are the only two characters that could hype me up about the next RE (considering that Barry already came back)

Sheva and whoever
I think Jake and Sherry should get another chance too.
Give Leon a new partner and make most of his campaign like Chapter 1 in RE6...or give it to someone new. I want more of that.

I want

Jill and Chris. Revelations and LIN don't count.
Jill and Leon, because why not. They've never been together
Leon and Chris, because their fight scene in RE6 was really cool and I think it could be interesting if they fought side by side for a campaign.
Leon and Claire, would be really cool to see them together again and can't wait for Raid Online so they can reunite there :)
Jill and Carlos, again nostalgia and would be cool to see them together again.

I honestly, really want to see Sheva back. I miss Piers, I really liked him but yeah... rip. Helena was a really cool character as well and her voice actress made her even more awesome.

Neiteio

I miss Piers, too. But his sacrifice at the end of RE6 was the most emotionally affecting moment in that game, so I suppose his story is better left concluded (which it has to be, barring some plot twist).

An actual Chris and Leon(not the bland 6 version) game would be a lot of fun,
However there would be absolutely no horror or tension in it at all.
Chris punching boulders and Leon saying 1 liners together would be hilarious.

Helena, her voice actress made her even more awesome.
Yup, absolutely love her voice.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I want a game where Post-RE4 snarky Leon is sent back in time to his Raccoon City events and he tackles RE2 with prior knowledge and the snark that he's developed since then.

KORNdoggy

no-one. in fact, i want the oposite, i want it to go back to being a solitary adventure, at least in regards to playing solo. i don't want an AI character around all the time. throw one in for co-op. but resi should be lonely and scary. having a helper characters takes most if not all of that away.

lupinko

Milla Jovovich.

Cmon the games have went full Paul WS Anderson already, why not make a super action game like the Jake parts with Alice?

Or just have the super action game with Jake or Krauser or whatever.

Top Bottom