• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Xbox has a heavy Windows slant and will be a reference device for manufacturers making devices like the ASUS ROG Ally most likely.

reinking

Gold Member
consoles have 8 years max.
they are getting old.
You seem to think consoles are just going to suddenly dry up. Even if they decline, they would squeeze out at least one or two more generations. People are mistaking their personal habits for the masses. Think about the millions of Madden/Fifa players that help drive console sales. Do you think they are all suddenly going to the PC to play those types of games?

qXIeYdz.jpeg

And to think so many people doubted them. I think this leak was banned on ResetERA at one point 😂.

Whoever this person is....thank you for sharing 🙏

BlackTron

Gold Member
for the last time, the way we play is evolving. We might not even have a traditional console 8 years from now.

We are at a point where we see a new technology evolution.

What's your take? Everyone will be using a PC, a phone, or streaming a game?

for the last time, the way we play is evolving. We might not even have a traditional console 8 years from now.

We are at a point where we see a new technology evolution.
PC gaming never went anywhere, we were here from the start and we are still here. No point trying to say anything has changed when PC is the same as it ever was. There is no evolution, people who want to play on PC do so. People who refuse to play on PC, don't. Those who don't, play on consoles, and they are a big audience that spend a lot of money.

PC gamers are harder to please, demand more, and will abandon you the second you piss them off. Console gamers are just easier to get money from. The fact that Xbox failed to get money from that audience is just proof that they suck at it.

Last edited:

onQ123

Allow me to reintroduce myself
3TlTdYa.png

i0dd5TB.png

Post in thread 'In the event that PS5 Pro does release in 2024 but there is no new Xbox Series console because there is already Series S & X' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/in-t...-is-already-series-s-x.1654173/post-268253191

Consoles are dead. Some just don't realize it yet.

No. XBOX is dead (as a console). You guys need to stop conflating Xbox's shortcomings with the industry as a whole.

I never saw this when SEGA stopped making consoles, or Atari for that matter. But somehow Microsoft's console hardware is dwindling and that's supposed to mean consoles as a whole are dying? Please.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
No. XBOX is dead (as a console). You guys need to stop conflating Xbox's shortcomings with the industry as a whole.

I never saw this when SEGA stopped making consoles, or Atari for that matter. But somehow Microsoft's console hardware is dwindling and that's supposed to mean consoles as a whole are dying? Please.

Nintendo stopped making consoles in 2017 and has dominated the gaming industry ever since. Valve is catching on. MS apparently is as well.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
Hope this competition pushes Valve to make the Steam Deck 2 amazing, and they consider making a Steam Box with the same specs at a near console price point.

XXL

Consoles are dead. Some just don't realize it yet.
Will you please stop making wild predictions?

How many times you are insanely wrong is unreal.

You're basically the NeoGAF equivalent of Michael Pachter.

ESO and Fallout 76 will continue to get updates and expansions on PS5.

The Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 will be Xbox/PC exclusive.

MMOs and games with contractual obligations won't be exclusive. Everything else is Xbox Exclusive.

Buy your Series X now for Elder Scrolls VI.

Xbox gets MGS and puts a 60fps MGS4 port on GamePass.

Then gives Kojima an unlimited budget to make MGS6 exclusive to MS.

Adam Sandler GIF by A24

If you think games like Starfield and TESVI are coming out on the PS5, you're going to have a very rough few years.

Conan Obrien What Are You Talking About GIF by Team Coco

We have Spencer on video saying "THIS IS ABOUT DELIVERING EXCLUSIVE GAMES TO PLATFORMS WHERE GAMEPASS EXISTS"

Nadella is leading a golden era for MS.

Meanwhile Ballmer:
steve-ballmer.gif

COD will go Xbox exclusive. Just like TESVI.

Phil will toss a Candy Crush port on PSN.

25 million is more than most CoD games sell across all platforms. So if it's exclusive to GamePass, again they could have upwards of 40 million by that time, then it has potentially the largest audience of any CoD game yet.

No they mean on-going service games will remain. So Warzone will continue. But like Starfield and TESVI, new games will be exclusive to Xbox/PC.

Sony will get Modern Warfare 2 this year and Black Ops in 2023, that will be the end of their exclusivity deal. From 2024 onward COD is exclusive to Xbox and PC and will be on GamePass.

I'm sure you'll still have people and clickbait YouTubers pretending the games will eventually come to PS5 even after they release exclusively on the Xbox/PC.

Minecraft is an on-going GaaS game. COD isn't. Warzone IS. So this means they'll keep Warzone running on PS4/5, but the yearly MP COD games will be exclusive after their deal ends with Sony.

There are still people on this forum who are trying to convince themselves that Starfield is only a timed exclusive and Elder Scrolls VI is multiplat.

I'm sure the people upset about COD being Xbox exclusive will be just as upset about GTA being PS exclusive.

You literally have zero idea wtf you're talking about.

This is just a small fraction, you're pretty much wrong about everything you fucking type.

I get people get things wrong about things from time to time, but your comment history is....something.

Like I said....Michael Pachter.

Topher

Gold Member
Will you please stop making wild predictions?

How many times you are insanely wrong is unreal.

You're basically the NeoGAF equivalent of Michael Pachter.

You literally have zero idea wtf you're talking about.

This is just a small fraction, you're pretty much wrong about everything you fucking type.

I get people get things wrong about things from time to time, but your comment history is....something.

Like I said....Michael Pachter.
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Hope this competition pushes Valve to make the Steam Deck 2 amazing, and they consider making a Steam Box with the same specs at a near console price point.

Or just do a Switch style dock that boosts the Deck when connected to a TV.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
As a couch PC gamer, if this brings a nice controller friendly official UI to my gaming PC, I’m happy.

I use Playnite now and it works great, but it’d be cool to have the whole OS optimized for controller navigation.

feynoob

Gold Member
You seem to think consoles are just going to suddenly dry up. Even if they decline, they would squeeze out at least one or two more generations. People are mistaking their personal habits for the masses. Think about the millions of Madden/Fifa players that help drive console sales. Do you think they are all suddenly going to the PC to play those types of games?

What's your take? Everyone will be using a PC, a phone, or streaming a game?

PC gaming never went anywhere, we were here from the start and we are still here. No point trying to say anything has changed when PC is the same as it ever was. There is no evolution, people who want to play on PC do so. People who refuse to play on PC, don't. Those who don't, play on consoles, and they are a big audience that spend a lot of money.

PC gamers are harder to please, demand more, and will abandon you the second you piss them off. Console gamers are just easier to get money from. The fact that Xbox failed to get money from that audience is just proof that they suck at it.
Different way of playing. Hybrid form like switch or just tv and controller.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If someone is just making a prediction to spark a conversation, thats not hurting anything. I dont get people's reactions. If you think its a bad prediction, it should be trivially easy to ignore it. I think people get mad about it though and lash out. Similar to digital / physical adoption rate prediction conversations. I think people think if you just say it out loud you are going to make it true.

If someone is just making a prediction to spark a conversation, thats not hurting anything. I dont get people's reactions. If you think its a bad prediction, it should be trivially easy to ignore it. I think people get mad about it though and lash out. Similar to digital / physical adoption rate prediction conversations. I think people think if you just say it out loud you are going to make it true.

You don't ignore bad takes. You clown on them. That's what forums are for.

XXL

It's a handheld with a plastic dongle that allows you to play it on a TV to make you think you're still playing a traditional console.
So it'll be a console that is wireless that you play in your mind that's like a PC.

Got it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Why is that? Seen others say that but I don't fully understand why that would necessarily be the case.
Because they need windows with a console like experience especially on a small screen otherwise they are just accepting being slowly forced out of gaming, and they aren't planning on that.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
A computer dedicated to gaming, is a console. the switch is such a device, period. what kind of fantasy world are you living in looool

Why do you think Nintendo dominates the gaming industry in Japan? It's not because you can dock a Switch to a TV.

Killer8

This is basically what I said in the Steam thread. There is a reason the Surface Pro team are now the ones designing the Xbox hardware. It will be a PC in a box and sold at a premium, to set the pace and so that MS are not losing $200 per console, while other manufacturers will offer their own versions for a lower spec / cheaper price.

It will basically be a realization of Steam machines, as well as Bill Gates's original vision of having Windows in every console. A mini-PC gaming device, which has Windows and you can install Steam on (plus likely Retroarch in some capacity, if it's really going to be open enough), with an Xbox front-end for sleekness a la the Steam OS UI layer, sounds pretty good to me, and is also the best possible outcome for Xbox that isn't totally throwing in the hardware towel.

Topher

Gold Member
Because they need windows with a console like experience especially on a small screen otherwise they are just accepting being slowly forced out of gaming, and they aren't planning on that.

Ok.....but why not an AMD APU like Steam Deck and Rog Ally?

From the discord leak:
3rd party console that can run Xbox games
Logically It could only be games from their own Xbox store designed to run on any PC which is basically them competing cloning Valve Steam deck. But good luck to them competing against Valve! Steam deck has the advantage of games being able to be optimized on it. That won't be possible if there are more than one Xbox Deck. What's is it going to be exactly? a portable PC with already installed (and maybe redesigned) Microsoft game store?

Anchovie123

Would a system like this conflict with backwards compatibility with existing xbox consoles & librarys? especially if theyre moving to ARM/NVIDIA. I feel like considerable work would have to be done to get it all working, also if its not as powerful as Series S/X that would cause more problems with getting the games running without developer input. How is this all going to work?

Also i feel like Valve already has a strong foothold in this market with the Steamdeck and would be difficult to compete against and i think we will definitely be seeing a Steamdeck 2 in the near future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom