• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised we don't have substantive NX speculation threads. It seems few people want to discuss substance. For example - What about expected launch titles?

Nintendo First-Party offers apart from Zelda are a shot in the dark, but what about third party? Wii U got a Madden, FIFA and NBA 2K game at launch. It got a Mass Effect, a fighting game (Tekken).

Keep in mind that there haven't been a whole mess of very popular games that could get a remaster or rerelease on Nintendo systems.

For example:

Mass Effect HD Collection (precursor for an Andromeda release).
Resident Evil collection (and a possibility of RE7 being a launch title).
Final Fantasy XV has been rumored.
Kingdom Hearts collection seems like a natural fit for a Nintendo system.
You could see a whole host of rereleases on NX that Nintendo fans have little exposure to.

Wrestling games used to be at home on Nintendo systems (N64) and WWE 2K could return.
You had a Batman and Assassin's Creed games.
You had Call of Duty (maybe an Infinite Warfare port).
The latest Skylanders.

We know Nintendo loves to do Mash-up collaborations. What if they license with Telltale for a series based on a Nintendo IP. What would be the best fit franchise-wise for such a game? Animal Crossing?

JPickford

Any yet it does no harm. Why not allow a thread to continue?

The fact new threads keep getting started shows there's an interest in such discussion.

Noticed a bunch of posts (joke posts?) about Rayman 2 on the first page. I wonder if there's a shot of a legitimate Rayman 2 remake after all the ports Rayman 2 has received over the years. A remake of Rayman 2 like REmake would be amazing IMO. I'd take an HD remaster. I don't think any of the Rayman 2 ports have been upgraded to HD, correct?

adroit

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q4 2016
3.- Q1 2017
4.- Animal Crossing

If they're still planning to release this thing in March, I think they've got to get public reaction in 4Q16.

Animal Crossing skipped the Wii U (not counting the recent Virtual Console release or the "bleedin' demised" party game). I think it's gotta be coming to the NX.

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q4 2016
3.- Q1 2017
4.- Animal Crossing

If they're still planning to release this thing in March, I think they've got to get public reaction in 4Q16.

Animal Crossing skipped the Wii U (not counting the recent Virtual Console release). I think it's gotta be coming to the NX.

Weren't Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem on smart phones delayed? Could it be because they act as companion apps to NX launch titles?

Additionally, is it possible that Super Mario Run has something to do with a Mario launch title on NX? Maybe it gets an update to work with the new NX title.

RowdyReverb

Way too much NX threads going around GAF.

Honestly I feel that people should just lay off the speculation and wait for concrete news to appear.

Nah, more than anything, there are quite a few number who are sick and tired of seeing NX spectulation threads popping up all the time in GAF.
GAF offers 2 main forums to cover all interests. One is devoted to NX speculation and the other election coverage

McHuj

1. Q4 2016
2. Q1 2017
3. Q1 2017

I think they have to say something definitive at the investor meeting next week. They'll probably say that a full reveal is coming in January as they don't want to detract from holiday sales. The full reveal will be in early January and release mid march.

Clov

Weren't Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem on smart phones delayed? Could it be because they act as companion apps to NX launch titles?

Additionally, is it possible that Super Mario Run has something to do with a Mario launch title on NX? Maybe it gets an update to work with the new NX title.

Animal Crossing maybe, but I doubt that Intelligent Systems would have a new Fire Emblem game ready so soon, let alone one that would need an entirely new engine to suit the more powerful hardware.

Sadist

I'm still going to say Q4 this year and Q1 next year.

The other Nintendo IP... a Nintendo Land or Warioware-like game.

Tyeforce

1. Q4 2016
2. Q4 2016
3. Q1 2017
4. Super Smash Bros.

Based on what Nintendo has said, what's been strongly rumored, and what just makes sense. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

FZZ

Banned
That's because absolutely nothing of value is contributed. The discussion is a very simple one with the same ideas being rehashed over and over.

My thread offered new info that could've easily led to more productive discussion about how next week is becoming more plausible for an announcement

But it got locked

I know some people might want super substantial info but as of now shit like the stuff in my thread is the best stuff we can go off of

My thread offered new info that could've easily led to more productive discussion about how next week is becoming more plausible for an announcement

But it got locked

I know some people might want super substantial info but as of now shit like the stuff in my thread is the best stuff we can go off of

I think a speculative thread on third-party launch title prediction would be fun and have value. This thread sucks just little goddamn date lists page after page. Worthless. I hate threads that just have people posting a list and not actually engaging in any discussion or replying to anyone else's ideas, unless it is one of those voting threads.

gaiadyne

1. - Q4 2016
2. - Q4 2016
3. - Q1 2017
4. - Super Mario

I honestly don't think plans are going to change, expecting that reveal in the coming weeks and Mario is a no-brainer for the launch window.

Is it possible that we haven't heard anything about NX because Nintendo is waiting for the last minute to produce the largest amount of games to showcase? Maybe Nintendo is having a hard time with third-party support and if they reveal now and have an anemic third-party lineup, it could hurt the system. They could try to buy as much time as possible to woo as many third-party titles as possible to the table.

This would explain Nintendo's CEO saying the delay from 2016 to early 2017 was due to games. Maybe it wasn't just Nintendo offerings, but could be third-party as well. If so, that is not a good sign at all.

cacildo

That's because absolutely nothing of value is contributed. The discussion is a very simple one with the same ideas being rehashed over and over.

The thread with the simpsons memes was fantastic

It got locked

Too much fun.
Not enough games that make you cry discussion.
Against the rules

sphinx

the piano man
. I hate threads that just have people posting a list and not actually engaging in any discussion or replying to anyone else's ideas, unless it is one of those voting threads.

this thread is supposed to be first and foremost a DOCUMENT to look at in the future.

that being said, you can comment about the tendencies of people putting their votes regarding when we are going to get the info.

quite frankly, the thread whining about NX threads is getting worse than the threads themselves and I say that as someone who whined in a thread not long ago,

this very thread, I could have gathered some votes, I could tally them up and let it be, quite harmlessly. but no, people HAVE to come in and shitpost. Hell, this thread is doomed without mods locking it! terrible behaviour if you ask me.

at least all other threads were given a fair chance to exist but were closed, not because it's forbidden to speculate or talk about NX but because people continued posting either memes or BS twitter accounts.

1) Q4 2016 (probably will announce a reveal date at the investors meeting)

2) Q4 2016 (they can't sit on it forever, guarantee they'll reveal before the year is up to drum up hype for it)

3) Q1 2017

4) New 3D Mario, easy.

tinders

1) Q4 2016
2) Q1 2017
3) Q1 2017
4) Eternal Darkness (I'm guessing this is Retro's new game - along with another
fucking
Donkey Kong game

sphinx

the piano man
ok people, if this thread is still open in about 12 hours, I'll update from post 64 onwards, keep'em coming.

Kevin

Nintendo's announcement date:

https://youtu.be/WiuaaJVcxSk

Yes it's a joke.

Nintendo has seemingly vanished from the world. Will be even worse if the NX is unveiled and isn't all that great or interesting. They need a major win and I really hope we don't have to wait much longer for this unveil that we all thought would happen a long time ago at this point. I still remember people expecting an E3 2016 reveal. Months later and still not so much as a hint as to when this thing will be revealed. As a Nintendo fan it's pretty irritating. I wish they would at least comment on the thing at this point.

eMpTy23

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q1 2017
3.- Q3 2017
4.- I assume you mean within 3 months of release, so I guess Pikmin is the safest answer. I'd much rather have Metroid or Animal Crossing or Mario Kart.

To go into detail... I'm going to be pessimistic and assume that at the Investor Meeting or in some interview this year there will be a mention of NX and that it's going to be unveiled in January or February.

At that unveiling, they'll showcase a handheld which can be plugged into the television and receive some sort of upscaling. It will be described as a console even though it is a handheld. Players other than the primary player must use their smartphones as controllers. That is the new gimmick. 16-player Smash Bros will be an option and will run at 4 FPS. They will also mention it's being delayed to provide the best possible experience and have a wider selection of games available at launch. Please understand.

It will be rescheduled to release in August but may get pushed back again before that August release. It will launch with three games: Zelda, Pikmin and FIFA. Zelda will be hailed as the worst Zelda game ever made and described as an unoriginal Far Cry clone. Pikmin will be required to be plugged into the TV and connected via WiFi to a phone. Players must use all three screens at once to keep track of what's going on in the game. Rather than integrate proper online functionality and options, FIFA will have no online and may not be played single player.

I will buy it and hate myself for it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The thread with the simpsons memes was fantastic

It got locked

Too much fun.
Not enough games that make you cry discussion.
Against the rules

Simpson meme is definitely best thing we are getting out of NX speculation.

1) Q4 2016
2) Q1 2017
3) Q1 2017
4) Smash

Leaking Nintendo's plans for you guys. ;)

Who got in Smash? ;)

it's sunday and we have no NX info, just several NX speculation/opinion threads so let's make this.

1. This month
2. November
3. March 2017
4. Smash (within 6 months or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom