• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmoka

Banned
Alright, but with the 21st being the 5th anniversary of Nintendo Directs, why not wait that extra day and have the Direct be on Friday?

Although rumours say it will be revealed then, but I cannot change my bet. Same with my friend, he says it will be next Thursday at the investors meeting, but it has to be Thursday, not Wednesday.

We are nuts, I know.

Retrobox

Although rumours say it will be revealed then, but I cannot change my bet. Same with my friend, he says it will be next Thursday at the investors meeting, but it has to be Thursday, not Wednesday.

We are nuts, I know.

Well, even if Nintendo ruins your bet you got at least one thing right. We're all a little nuts at this point haha.

1: q4 2016
2: q1 2017
3: q4 2017
4: the next 3d mario

Theres no way this thing hits early next year, their sildence is all too telling

Thanks for that.

Any chance of finding the quotes of it getting revealed this month? The reason I ask, is that it seems a lot of people are mixing up quotes about more information this year with the idea of a reveal, and I wasn't sure if that was the case in this instance.

Edit: Just seen your edit. Yeah, I take Emily's tweets with a pinch of salt, I was hoping for something a bit more substantive.

I can't find his quote for the reveal this month. Maybe he'll comment on it.

So this is what he had said.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=219840164

He said an announcement will come this month. I guess he could mean at the investors meeting and he could've meant not a "full reveal".

I can tragically see his going in to next month.

At the investor meeting they'll say 'an announcement this year. Can't comment any further'

Everyone will be like '....'

Volotaire

1) When will nintendo announce that theyll fully reveal their new NX console?

.- Q4 2016 (October/November)

2) When will Nintendo fully reveal the NX?*

.- Q4 2016 (October/November)

3) When will the NX be available in stores?

.- Q1 2017

4) Smash NX

̶W̶S̶J̶ ̶T̶o̶k̶y̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶w̶e̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶"̶N̶X̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶u̶n̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶"̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶?̶

Original tweet: "こちら都合で言うとNX発表は今週がありがたい、というのはある。来週からは決算シーズン、来月はプロ&ファミコン、ポケモン、FF、年末商戦、バイオ、そしてそろそろドラクエの足音が聞こえてきそう…という感じになるので。" (https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787968408516112385)

̶T̶w̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶:̶ ̶"̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶N̶X̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶u̶n̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶.̶ ̶F̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶ ̶&̶ ̶n̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶F̶,̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶i̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶i̶o̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶F̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶.̶"̶

̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶?̶

Edit: Nevermind, his follow-up tweet indicates he's just speculating as well. "But I have no idea whether it will be this week. でも実際はどうなるかわかりません。知りません。" (https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787969846357037056)

Sendou

WSJ Tokyo reporter just tweeted something that talks about an "NX announcement" this week?

Original tweet: "こちら都合で言うとNX発表は今週がありがたい、というのはある。来週からは決算シーズン、来月はプロ&ファミコン、ポケモン、FF、年末商戦、バイオ、そしてそろそろドラクエの足音が聞こえてきそう…という感じになるので。" (https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787968408516112385)

Twitter translation: "This is convenient in NX announcement this week I really appreciate the. From next week earnings season next month pro & nes, Pokemon, FF, end of the year holiday season, bio, and soon heard the Dragon, so... Feel it to be so."

Can anyone do a proper translation?

"For me, it would be great if NX news is out this week. Earnings from next week, then we have Pro & Nes, Pokémon, FF, holiday season..busy."

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787969563136712706

Kansoku

I'm very optimistic with that day. And it has to be that day, not Wednesday or Friday, it must be Thursday. I made a bet with a friend, I say it will be this Thursday, and he says it will be next week at the investors meeting.

Mark your agendas! Thursday is the day! XD

I'll rather it be on a Friday because I don't have class on Fridays, so higher chances of me catching it live xP

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"For me, it would be great if NX news is out this week. Earnings from next week, then we have Pro & Nes, Pokémon, FF, holiday season..busy."

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787969563136712706

Everybody had enough of this wait. Only Nintendo is

raw

Reveal announced soon.

Actual reveal early next year

Launch E3 time

Zelda and a few good remasters at launch. 3D Mazza by Christmas 2017

MuchoMalo

Banned

This is what I was thinking of. I guess he never said reveal, but he said an announcement was coming this month, which could just mean at the Investors Meeting.

Not sure if he's saying a full reveal or just something like "this is the NX. Ok, we'll fully reveal it later".

He's expecting a to be announced the week of the investor's meeting and the actual reveal later, but I don't think he knows for sure. I personally can't see them revealing it next month.

It'll be January so they can do a full blow-out with launch details and everything. Just accept that and move on to other aspects of your life until then.

Reveal announced soon.

Actual reveal early next year

Launch E3 time

Zelda and a few good remasters at launch. 3D Mazza by Christmas 2017

Okay, I really don't see why you people are expecting a reveal date to be announced 3+ months in advance. When has that ever happened?

Well, if either of the rumors that it's coming in October are correct it most likely would have to be revealed this week, but there is still a small chance that they announce what it is at that investors meeting while simultaneously continuing to act like it doesn't exist for the next few months.

The delay will be announced at the investor's meeting next week.

Full reveal at next year's E3.

2017 holiday launch.

This is the only
pessimistic
reasonable answer

sphinx

the piano man
I am proceeding to tally up part of the entries past post 63.

people please don't use this thread as a twitter/rumor/leak dump, this thread is ONLY to answer the questions in the OP and comment about it.

if you see any announcement worth commenting, open a thread! it really is allowed.

if mods have allowed this thread to stay open this long, then it's safe to say, it can stay open as long as it remains on topic.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It'll be January so they can do a full blow-out with launch details and everything. Just accept that and move on to other aspects of your life until then.

January is like the deadest gaming month. Even July that NoA hates is more alive than January. This would be an awful idea.

The delay will be announced at the investor's meeting next week.

Full reveal at next year's E3.

2017 holiday launch.

This is the only
pessimistic
reasonable answer

That would be horrible. Imagine, that after a very lack luster 2015 and a 2016 that had even less games, Wii U owners were still forced to go throw nearly another year without anything new.

I can't find his quote for the reveal this month. Maybe he'll comment on it.

So this is what he had said.

He said an announcement will come this month. I guess he could mean at the investors meeting and he could've meant not a "full reveal".

Cheers, that's what I was concerned about.

So far I've seen little to no evidence that a reveal will come this month, or even necessarily this year, even Kimishima (correct me if I'm wrong) said "more information" later this year, and that's often being interpreted as "reveal".

Call me a pessimist, but I was one of those banging the drum in early 2016 that the NX would have to be released this year, and most agreed at the time. Now, I'm of the opinion that you should take whatever date looks the most likely / sensible for Nintendo, and then add a few months at least.

He's expecting a to be announced the week of the investor's meeting and the actual reveal later, but I don't think he knows for sure. I personally can't see them revealing it next month.

lol whatever dude. I hope you don't post here until January since we should all "move on".

Cheers, that's what I was concerned about.

So far I've seen little to no evidence that a reveal will come this month, or even necessarily this year, even Kimishima (correct me if I'm wrong) said "more information" later this year, and that's often being interpreted as "reveal".

Call me a pessimist, but I was one of those banging the drum in early 2016 that the NX would have to be released this year, and most agreed at the time. Now, I'm of the opinion that you should take whatever date looks the most likely / sensible for Nintendo, and then add a few months at least.

The most concrete thing we have from what Kimishima said:

“At this current stage, I’m not able to say. However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking.I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year.”

Going by what Kimishima has said would mean at the very least we will know the concepts of the NX and how it works. We should know if it's a hybrid or multiple devices or some combination if he says he'll talk about specs and "how it works".

Going by what Kimishima has said would mean at the very least we will know the concepts of the NX and how it works. We should know if it's a hybrid or multiple devices or some combination if he says he'll talk about specs and "how it works".

See, to me, that's just a non answer, a placeholder, designed to buy time. What he'd like to do and what he'll do can be two different things. Specs, as a subject matter, has sufficient wiggle room between a general level of power and the minutiae of the internals. How it works could be "a new way to play" and phrases thereabouts, offering little real insight.

As I said, on this topic, I'm a pessimist, and expect less than a candid and expedient slew of new information. As ever though, I'd be happy to be proved wrong by Nintendo.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok, the results til Post 126, 59 users (with understandable and valid entries)

Sorry no graphs!! anyone wanna help??, i'll give proper credit!

1.- when will nintendo announce they'll reveal the NX?

.- 50 users believe in Nintendo's words, and believe they'll talk about NX before the year end in Q4 2016

.- 9 users believe Nintendo will remain silent til next year and that they will wait til Q1 2017

2.- When will the NX be revealed (full blown reveal)?

.- 39 people remain optimistic and believe we'll see the hardware before years end, Q4 2016

.- 12 people think we will see it in Q1 2017

.- 7 people think it will suffer a major delay til Q2 2017

.- 1 person believes the full blown reveal will take place in Q3 2017

3.- When will it be on shelves somewhere on planet earth?
.- 41 people think it will be on shelves somewhere in Q1 2017, as nintendo promised

.- 5 people think it will have a minor delay to Q2 2017

.- 7 people think it will be released in Q3 2017 (really? in summer? odd time to launch)

.- only 4 people think this will be a Q4 2017 launch

.- 1 person thinks it will be released beyond 2017 (probably a joke but he)

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments:

.- Most people nintendo will announce the date of the reveal of the NX this year. This means that if at this month's investors meeting Nintendo says "As for NX, we will disclose more details at later moment (like 2017)" nintendo should prepare for an outrage, nobody will take that kindly.

.- People are mostly in agreement that we will have info about the reveal of the hardware before this year end.

.- Opinions differ about when it will be shown, but most agree that it will be this year, I really doubt that. Q4 is a very busy part of the year and there's too much going on to people to turn heads and care for nintendo.

.- people really trust nintendo and remain confident about March 2017. I am on the pessimistic side though and don't believe in the latest info but we'll see.

% Data:

1.- Announcement of the Reveal....

Q4 2016: 84.74% users
Q1 2017: 15.25% users

2.- Actual reveal takes place...

Q4 2016: 66.10% users
Q1 2017: 20.30% users
Q2 2017: 11.86% users
Q3 2017: 1.69% users

3.- NX on shelves...

Q1 2017: 69.49%
Q2 2017: 8.47%
Q3 2017: 11.86%
Q4 2017: 6.77%
Beyond: 1.69%

See, to me, that's just a non answer, a placeholder, designed to buy time. What he'd like to do and what he'll do can be two different things. Specs, as a subject matter, has sufficient wiggle room between a general level of power and the minutiae of the internals. How it works could be "a new way to play" and phrases thereabouts, offering little real insight.

As I said, on this topic, I'm a pessimist, and expect less than a candid and expedient slew of new information. As ever though, I'd be happy to be proved wrong by Nintendo.

Yeah, we're just the opposite. I'm an optimist lol

spekkeh

Banned
% Data:

1.- Announcement of the Reveal....

Q1 2016: 84.74% users
Q1 2017: 15.25% users

2.- Actual reveal takes place...

Q4 2016: 66.10% users
Q1 2017: 20.30% users
Q2 2017: 11.86% users
Q3 2017: 1.69% users

3.- NX on shelves...

Q1 2017: 69.49%
Q2 2017: 8.47%
Q3 2017: 11.86%
Q4 2017: 6.77%
Beyond: 1.69%
Aw yeah one percenter. I'm open to be catered to GOP.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Today can be crossed off the list in about 22 minutes.

ok, once again.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR TWITTERS/RUMORS/LEAKS!!

this thread isn't the place for that!

create your one T/R/L thread if you want to post that, don't trash other threads with that

Don't get too ahead of yourself, it's not that valuable. A prediction thread with quarters for reveal and release is not so much better than twitter rumours. Months, that would have been a bit more of a competitions. Weeks, that would be the real deal.

sphinx

the piano man
Don't get too ahead of yourself, it's not that valuable. A prediction thread with quarters for reveal and release is not so much better than twitter rumours. Months, that would have been a bit more of a competitions. Weeks, that would be the real deal.

it's not about how valuable a thread is, it's about thread derailment,

I kindly ask people to not derail the thread.

that's the reason why every thread gets closed, not because NX discussion is forbidden.

TLZ

Banned
Today can be crossed off the list in about 22 minutes.

Dude what? It's his thread and he's asked nicely even though he has full right to tell people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom