• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say
1. Announcement Q4 2016
2. Full reveal: Q1 2017 (or perhaps Q4 2016 if we're lucky)
3. Release: Q1 2017 (Maybe Q2 2017)
4. Smash (port)

I don't think Nintendo can afford to push the launch much later than early Q2 2017. They just don't have enough stuff to keep them afloat without new hardware that long imo.

But on the off chance I'm wrong and it's full reveal is E3 like some people here think, then it'll be released Holiday 2017, not Q3. If Nintendo has the balls to delay the system to the second half of 2017, they'll launch during the holidays when sales potential is max, not Q3 where you barely ever get any major games, let alone a system launch

That would be horrible. Imagine, that after a very lack luster 2015 and a 2016 that had even less games, Wii U owners were still forced to go throw nearly another year without anything new.

The Wii U market is so small that I really don't think Nintendo really cares that much about it at this point.

Brofield

Q4 2016 - I think they'll commit to a teaser at least

Q2 2017 - Sitting on it for 7-8 months while the Wii U is dead in the water for an E3 reveal makes Nintendo Sense™

Q3 2017 - Release, because there will be some inevitable recall due to a faulty circuit board immediately after E3 ends that delays its original release date of late June

As for franchise spearheading the charge...glorious return of Custom Robo

Q4 2016 - I think they'll commit to a teaser at least

Q2 2017 - Sitting on it for 7-8 months while the Wii U is dead in the water for an E3 reveal makes Nintendo Sense™

Q3 2017 - Release, because there will be some inevitable recall due to a faulty circuit board immediately after E3 ends that delays its original release date of late June

As for franchise spearheading the charge...glorious return of Custom Robo

If there was an e3 full reveal, it wouldn't have been launching in June anyways (E3 is in June, they would never plan to launch just a few weeks after a full reveal). That said, if you really think Nintendo can afford to wait until Q3 2017, why do you think they wouldn't just wait until Q4 and the holidays?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Wii U market is so small that I really don't think Nintendo really cares that much about it at this point.

This is not only about Wii U, it's about this fiscal year not ending with a bang and half of next fiscal year being damaged too. That's the bigger issue than Wii U. Investors will be mad.

Brofield

If there was an e3 full reveal, it wouldn't have been launching in June anyways (E3 is in June, they would never plan to launch just a few weeks after a full reveal). That said, if you really think Nintendo can afford to wait until Q3 2017, why do you think they wouldn't just wait until Q4 and the holidays?

I could totally see them plan some sort of mega reveal at an E3 presser that culminates with an "in stores...next week!" just to watch mass hysteria as everyone panics to reserve an NX and play on
our
insanity over the console. Besides, Nintendo never releases anything in July. It would have to be end of June.

Because Q3, again, some recall involving faulty circuits and want to get it out the door ASAP before people calm down and cancel their pre-orders.

I could totally see them plan some sort of mega reveal at an E3 presser that culminates with an "in stores...next week!" just to watch mass hysteria as everyone panics to reserve an NX and play on
our
insanity over the console. Besides, Nintendo never releases anything in July. It would have to be end of June.

Because Q3, again, some recall involving faulty circuits and want to get it out the door ASAP before people calm down and cancel their pre-orders.
I don't think you understand how marketing works

1. - Q4 2016 [At this point, I don't see them announcing "We'll talk about the NX on this date" unless that date is days away.]
2. - Q4 2016 [They could push it further, but frankly with how badly the Wii U is doing, and the 3DS flagging, they'd be better off pushing NX preorders over the holiday season.]
3. - Q1 2017 [I think it'll make it, but in a state like the 3DS: Not really what they promised yet, library with some major holes in it. Japan for certain, America might miss by a little bit, Europe most likely to see a delay.]
4. - Ice Climber [Redesigned specifically around the new platform gimmick]

Anth0ny

with the impending election and RDR2 and Diablo 4 announcements, I expect Nintendo just write off 2016 and start fresh in January with a NX reveal that won't have to share the spotlight with other, more important news.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
with the impending election and RDR2 and Diablo 4 announcements, I expect Nintendo just write off 2016 and start fresh in January with a NX reveal that won't have to share the spotlight with other, more important news.

There's no spotlight in January. It's just a dead dark month.

Bruh are you serious? January is inauguration month and MLK Jr. birthday. It won't be until February the earliest!

MuchoMalo

Banned

Okay, now you're just trolling.

That or you made a bet and you desperately don't want to lose it.

On topic, if NX is delayed, it can't be to later than June unless something goes horribly wrong or changes their plans completely. They can't afford to delay to the holidays just because. Unless they have 5+ new mobile games planned for next year in addition to what's been announced, investors would be calling for everyone's heads. The hardware seems to be finalized, so delaying it 8 months due to software could only happen if nearly all third-parties suddenly pulled out for for some reason while Nintendo themselves were forced to cancel a few projects. It's not logical.

Announcement of the date will be within 3 weeks of the reveal.

The reveal will be this quarter or next.

The release will be between March 1st and July 1st.

I have 100% confidence in all of this.

Also, Retro's new game being something not Donkey Kong as a bold prediction.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Hydrus

1. Q4 2016
2. Q1 2017
3. Q3 2017
4. Pokemon SM sequel/ third game that includes Kalos post game or RBGY sequel/ remake. If the NX is indeed a hybrid. If not, then new Luigi's mansion.

Neper

Neo Member
And now we have this:

http://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/165105/nintendo-nx-seria-presentada-esta-misma-semana-segun/

"An 'industry source' claims that NX will be presented this very week." No exact date was confirmed, but October, 21st was dropped since it marks the 5th anniversary of the first Nintendo Direct ever. According to that undisclosed source, indie studios could also start ordering the devkits this November. The word "Fusion" was also dropped during the conversation, but whether it is related to the console's final name or some of its features remains unclear.

And now we have this:

http://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/165105/nintendo-nx-seria-presentada-esta-misma-semana-segun/

"An 'industry source' claims that NX will be presented this very week." No exact date was confirmed, but October, 21st was dropped since it marks the 5th anniversary of the first Nintendo Direct ever. According to that undisclosed source, indie studios could also start ordering the devkits this November. The word "Fusion" was also dropped during the conversation, but whether it is related to the console's final name or some of its features remains unclear.

Everybody and their mother heard this is the week all of a sudden. Lol

I expect nothing before the 26th, but I expect either a specific reveal date or (ugh) a delay then, at bare minimum. If we get news sooner, I'Il be pleasantly surprised.

But I really, honestly don't think they'll tell investors "it's still on track for March, nothing to announce today, reveal date TBA" again.

Neoxon

I expect nothing before the 26th, but I expect either a specific reveal date or (ugh) a delay then, at bare minimum. If we get news sooner, I'Il be pleasantly surprised.

But I really, honestly don't think they'll tell investors "it's still on track for March, nothing to announce today, reveal date TBA" again.
Agreed. We'll either learn about a more specific timeframe for the reveal or the announcement of a delay by the 26th, possibly both.

Agreed. We'll either learn about a more specific timeframe for the reveal or the announcement of a delay by the 26th, possibly both.

If it's not delayed, it'd make much more sense to reveal it before the 26th than after, so that investors could come into the meeting with an understanding of what NX is, and Kimishima et al. can just explain what it means for the bottom line.

But Nintendo can be weird like that, and I'd rather just not get my hopes up. Not too much longer, at least.

Darkangel

Hybrid that's less powerful than the Wii U and has Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 as a launch title.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

Hybrid that's less powerful than the Wii U and has Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 as a launch title.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

Speaking of Donkey Kong, has anyone gone dumpster diving at Retro Studios lately? May have some NX info in there if they are working on an NX project.

Malus

Eh

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q4 2016
3.- Q1 2017
4.- Animal Crossing

Still have some shred of faith based on recent rumors.

Given the kind of predictions here, I suppose it's the right place

https://twitter.com/TheBY2K/status/788012362460782593

Translation of another tweet from the same guy of LeMonde we talked about in the now-closed Macquaire's thread.

Hmm so this guy is doubling down on it. 3Djuegos too, even though mochizuki from wsj who seemed to spark this was just talking about public speculation. We'll seeeee..

javadoze

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q4 2016
3.- Q1 2017
4.- Warioware (or Warioware DIY2)

I really do think that it'll be unveiled this year is some shape or form. As for a "full reveal", I think everything will be shown upfront with demos and hands-on events for the press and the general public in the leadup to launch.

As for the release date, it'd be very bad if Nintendo delayed it past March 2017, not to mention baffling. Ideally, a company would want to release their console during the holidays. But seeing how Nintendo's avoiding that and stating they "want games for the launch window" convinces me that they're more focused on a solid launch and the long term rather than short-term sales.

As for my choice of Warioware for a launch window title, it's been about 10 years since the last "actual" Warioware game (Smooth Moves). That said, I've always thought Warioware games were the best showcase for a system's capabilities and potential. Also, if they don't want to do another mainline game, then they should try making another Warioware DIY game to improve upon the flaws of the original (only using touchscreen for minigames, very limited share options, and etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom