• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrox

Standing
on the edge
of the underworld,
looking at the abyss
and I'm hoping
for some miracle
to break out
to escape from all this
Whispers in the air
Tell the tales of a life that's gone
Desolation, Devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

1.) Q4 2016
2.) Q4 2016
3.) Q1 2017
4.) Super Smash Bros. 4 NX

Davey Cakes

1) Q4 2016
2) Q4 2016
3) Q1 2017

Fuck it to hell and back. I'm in the camp that believes the NX will be revealed and announced before the year's end, and will keep it's March 2017 release.

Honestly, we have less than two weeks before the investor briefing. Nintendo HAS to talk about NX there. I'm I'm wrong, it'll be revealed during that briefing. But, whatever, I'm going for broke.

In the end, my prediction matters little. I'm just really curious as to how Nintendo's strategy with NX will take form. I can hope all I want, but only Nintendo themselves know what's best at this point. Here's to hoping they have a solid plan, and are willing to provide details to us within a reasonable amount of time.

Reversed

What's all the fuzz about having NX news next week?

Edit: post above answered my question. Hopefully @nstyles livetweets about it.

udivision

What's all the fuzz about having NX news next week?

Edit: post above answered my question.

Next week is the last week before they have to give their quarterly earnings report.

It's looking like they'll have to talk about NX in some capacity, at least for the week after.

MoonFrog

As much as I am curious about the hardware of NX, it is much more the software I'm interested in. I wouldn't say I'm resigned to the hardware being not technically impressive--but only because I'm not that into the specs game not because I think NX will be powerful. Similarly, if it is a hybrid, which I'm assuming it will be, and it is handheld leading hybrid, which again I assume it will be, it won't be designed around my favored format but again that is not a big deal for me. Also, I can't even imagine a Wii-like revolution so that does not factor into my interest level for the console hardware.

The games are a big deal for me, Nintendo software has been in a major dry season, and Nintendo claims that NX is coming out in 2017 because the games couldn't be done earlier. This has me really thirsty for and curious about the NX reveal, and I will be disappointed if there are not at least hints of new, big things on the horizon.

That said, I have a hard time seeing the actual launch being too crowded. Zelda is going to be huge and I'm not sure they need or it would be ideal to have other huge games right then and there. Ideally, there will be smaller games, like, say, a Pikmin at launch and then a big title for summer and a big title for holiday. I think it will be big title for Holiday (Mario) and big title for following March.

marmoka

Banned
We will definitely get official news this week. I don't know if it will be the announcement date of the reveal, or a reveal directly. All I know, is that we will get something this day:

October 20th.

Stay tuned for Thursday.

If not this week, then at the investors meeting next week.

We will definitely get official news this week. I don't know if it will be the announcement date of the reveal, or a reveal directly. All I know, is that we will get something this day:

October 20th.

Stay tuned for Thursday.

Tales from your ass?

It will be interesting to see how the community reacts if November starts and no official reveal or announcement date has been made.

The same as before :"Alright it can only be THIS WEEK".
Reality is either Nintendo will delay the thing or they just have no confidence in it. There's no return possible, if NX reveal isn't fantastic, the device is fucked up. There's like 4 months and a half before launch, NES Mini had as much or more time between reveal and launch.

1. Q4 2016
2. Q2 2017
3. Q4 2017
4. A "whole new experience" on Super Mario.

Please Nintendo, everyone wants to see your new console, even I want to see it. Whether it is a hybrid console that everyone is talking about or not, it's doesn't matter to me. All I want to see what you guys are doing and see the next experiences of your existing and possibly new franchises and of course third-party support. Please, Nintendo...

November 2016: Delay announcement. "We want to make sure we have software ready for launch and avoid 'launch window' delays to keep the launch momentum. Will talk more next year"

April 2017: Press conference/Nintendo Direct announced then hardware revealed

June 2017 (E3): Software reveal

November 2017: Release

So, uh...

1.- Q1 2017
2.- Q1 2017
3.- Q4 2017
4.- Let's go with, Animal Crossing (seeing it skipped the Wii U I reckon one they were working on was moved to the NX).

sandkiller

OK, here's my "prediction":

1) When will nintendo announce that they'll fully reveal their new NX console?

.- Q4 2016

2) When will Nintendo fully reveal the NX?*

.- Q1 2017

3) When will the NX be available in stores?

.- Q1 2017

4) Joker Question Name ONE first party IP you think will appear in the NX's launch window (3 months after release) that isn't Zelda.

Super Mario Multiverse

Nate Drake said it would be revealed this month and the NX wouldn't be delayed. Unless he was joking I'm sticking to that. Same thing Emily said too.

1) Q4 2016

2) Q4 2016

3 Q4 2017

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The same as before :"Alright it can only be THIS WEEK".
Reality is either Nintendo will delay the thing or they just have no confidence in it. There's no return possible, if NX reveal isn't fantastic, the device is fucked up. There's like 4 months and a half before launch, NES Mini had as much or more time between reveal and launch.
NES mini is mid July -> mid Nov: 4 months. The same for NX would be a late-Nov reveal. It's mid Oct now.

KAL2006

Banned
In the shareholder meeting

Shareholders
NX?

Nintendo
Still slated for March 2017 but want to focus on Pokemon and NES Mini. Want to make sure games are ready to show still need time. Full reveal mid Jan.

Fans
FFS

Pifje

What does this kind of poll even benefit? It's just random people throwing random numbers with no further explanation which nobody is going to read or analyse for that matter.

October 20th.

Stay tuned for Thursday.

I believe you. I want to...

ugly

October 20th.

Stay tuned for Thursday.

Told you!

QONVIyz.gif

marmoka

Banned
I believe you. I want to...

I'm very optimistic with that day. And it has to be that day, not Wednesday or Friday, it must be Thursday. I made a bet with a friend, I say it will be this Thursday, and he says it will be next week at the investors meeting.

Mark your agendas! Thursday is the day! XD

Thanks for that.

Any chance of finding the quotes of it getting revealed this month? The reason I ask, is that it seems a lot of people are mixing up quotes about more information this year with the idea of a reveal, and I wasn't sure if that was the case in this instance.

Edit: Just seen your edit. Yeah, I take Emily's tweets with a pinch of salt, I was hoping for something a bit more substantive.

Retrobox

I'm very optimistic with that day. And it has to be that day, not Wednesday or Friday, it must be Thursday. I made a bet with a friend, I say it will be this Thursday, and he says it will be next week at the investors meeting.

Mark your agendas! Thursday is the day! XD

Alright, but with the 21st being the 5th anniversary of Nintendo Directs, why not wait that extra day and have the Direct be on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom