• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The odor 1886 $19.99 bomba

Fbh

It's not a very good game.
But for $20 it might be worth it for people that are still sort of interested in it. Specially if you get enjoyment from playing games with very strong art and graphics

Arklite

Yeah, decent price for those curious. This would've made a perfect launch game with its pristine presentation and high production values, and I felt it had some of the best voice acting around. Still makes for a nice but brief showcase.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Are you seriously implying that playing The Order is like taking a trip to a world class art museum?

The Order is art though and in this case the price of admission into the gallery is simply $20.

I couldn't fathom actively telling others not to experience a work of art themselves and form their own opinions but instead listen to my opinion on it so they can save a mere $20.

I would be nothing more than a common criminal robbing someone of culture, education and enlightenment... it's literally colonialism of the mind. I ask you, my fellow GAFers, how is that good?

Reebot

The Order is art though and in this case the price of admission into the gallery is simply $20.

I couldn't fathom actively telling others not to experience a work of art themselves and form their own opinions but instead listen to my opinion on it so they can save a mere $20.

I would be nothing more than a common criminal robbing someone of culture, education and enlightenment... it's literally colonialism of the mind. I ask you, my fellow GAFers, how is that good?

Poe wrote his law for this specific situation.

antitrop

YouTube is free. No need to waste the $20.

ShinMaruku

Killzone met with a lot of criticism when it released on the PS2 and it had the hype of being Sony's Halo killer which it never lived up to. They still greenlit the sequels for the PS3.

Killzone sold and Gurilla was on very good terms with Sony.

Also Killzone actually tried to be a game, this game is just confusing.

Game isn't total shit. I've played far, far worse in my time. Best part about it is the shooting, which feels on point, but the pacing and walking segments make it drag.

If you must insist on playing the Order, just watch a Lets play at 1080p. You'll get the same level of interactivity.
No YouTube will provide the same visuals as you'd get with The Order on your TV, provided you've got a decent setup. No screens or videos I've seen online do the thing justice.

But I'll agree with your first point: that if $20 is burning a hole in your pocket and you're on the fence between The Order or Wolfenstein, get Wolfenstein ;p

Mar Nosso

Banned
Game isn't total shit. I've played far, far worse in my time. Best part about it is the shooting, which feels on point, but the pacing and walking segments make it drag.

Best description of the gameplay I've read so far. Personally I only payed 20 pounds for the game and enjoyed it for what it is. And it still managed to leave a mark on me. Hopefully a sequel will be greenlit, because there is a whole lot of potential there and iteration to be done.

ShinMaruku

Of course it's not total shit. Like Destiny it's a victim of extreme hyperbole due to expectations handled terribly by developers.

Bergerac

Of course it's not total shit. Like Destiny it's a victim of extreme hyperbole due to expectations handled terribly by developers.

Like what? They only really showcased graphics and some gameplay. I don't recall them marketing this like Daikatana.

------------

Anyway, I've not played the game, I've heard it has decent shooting mechanics, I can see it certainly has decent visuals but what I always liked most about it was simply the aesthetic they took with werewolves. Whatever, if it's generally agreeable that it has 'decent' gameplay then this thread truly is full of cynical shitposting that smacks of agenda. People seem to be posting negative stuff less because of the game, and are more enjoying making it out to be one of the worst games of all time simply because other people like it.

As a neutral I can see which side is acting truly out of turn.

Elginer

I paid for the CE and yes felt a little burned but loved it for what it was. Would love a sequel with more of the awesome weapons and shooty. Sold it back for 50 and will def get this again now for 14 after some Amazon credit. It's a game with a lot of love put into it, sadly it seems they were far too up their own ass to see the problems in gameplay and pacing.

antitrop

Anyway, I've not played the game, I've heard it has decent shooting mechanics, I can see it certainly has decent visuals but what I always liked most about it was simply the aesthetic they took with werewolves. Whatever, if it's generally agreeable that it has 'decent' gameplay then this thread truly is full of cynical shitposting that smacks of agenda. People seem to be posting negative stuff less because of the game, and are more enjoying making it out to be one of the worst games of all time simply because other people like it.

Defending a game you haven't played is just as bad as condemning it, oh reasoned voice of neutrality.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought it for £20 when I got my PS4 and loved it, I really don't understand the hate for it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
------------

The gameplay is very far from decent. The shooting is competent and the encounter design is incredibly mundane.

antitrop

The gameplay is very far from decent. The shooting is competent and the encounter design is incredibly mundane.

Not to mention that there isn't actually any level design. The entire game is a corridor... except for that stealth part, which is one of the worst parts of the game.

It's like the first 8 hours of Final Fantasy XIII turned into a third-person shooter.

Reebot

Whatever, if it's generally agreeable that it has 'decent' gameplay then this thread truly is full of cynical shitposting that smacks of agenda. People seem to be posting negative stuff less because of the game, and are more enjoying making it out to be one of the worst games of all time simply because other people like it.

Lmao. Yeah there's a shadowy conspiracy dedicated to putting down this title because we hate people having fun. We meet Wednesday mornings at the IHOP.

i see you trollin'
you playin'

autoduelist

Definitely buying tonight. Too many people like it, it looks good, and much of the hate seems to come from people that feel burnt at $60 or say 'I'm waiting till it's $5' which means they haven't even played it.

I also don't trust the 'hate' for a game that received so much hate before it was even released... it's forced me to give this game the benefit of the doubt because no game deserves the pre-release battering this game got.

Besides, I often find the good in games, so... sounds like a good deal to me.

What games look better in your opinion? I'm curious because I've to play it yet.

MXxAYQJ.gif[

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I see really fair value at $20 and will pick it up.

Coming in at this price point, and with a level of education about a product only obtainable from months of post-release gaf, I feel the game has a good chance of delivering a positive experience.

I just got it for $17 bucks on this deal, thanks OP. Seems like GAF likes this game better than critics, graphics look amazing so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth.

Hubb

The graphics are great but it looks really weird how the snow isn't collecting on the windshield and the wipers are basically wiping away nothing...

I think it is suppose to be rain. You can see streak marks/rain dots briefly.

Edit: Never mind I have no idea anymore. It looks like there is snow on the side of the road, but nowhere else.

Ledhead

While the game certainly had some pretty glaring faults, I enjoyed it and played through a couple of times. The anti-order hyperbole is kind of ridiculous. There is far far worse out there. Aside from the outstanding graphics, the game has some pretty solid, albeit barebones shooter gameplay. I also thought the voice-acting was excellent and enjoyed the story for what it was, though there were some plotholes that hurt the narrative. Overall I think its definitely worth it at that price. I recommend it, especially if you don't mind more cinematic-oriented games.

Phreak47

The graphics are great but it looks really weird how the snow isn't collecting on the windshield and the wipers are basically wiping away nothing...

Not really. It's not uncommon for flakes to melt on contact and there are wipe/streak marks being made, though it's hard to see. However it's true that it could collect in a cold storm and we don't get that effect in this game.

Top Bottom