• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ace Combat 6 thread of narrative bloat and online joy

gkryhewy

A host of good news on this game, and I thought it was worth bumping this thread. I'll also update the OP with this info.

1. Price (US) has been dropped to $27.99 shipped on Amazon (LINK). It's rumored that this is because the game is about to get a Platinum Hits re-release with some of the DLC added to the disc (in particular, the holiday-themed planes are rumored to be included). You may want to wait on that, but $27.99 is a good deal in the meantime. In addition, the some of the DLC (including the holiday-themed planes) is now free:

Ace Combat® 6 Soars to Platinum Hits Status with Free Downloadable Content

November 6, 2008 - NAMCO BANDAI Games America today announced that Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft has achieved Platinum Hits status and is now available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Additionally, players across North America can now download the following previously released premium holiday-themed aircraft and multiplayer stages for free:

F-14D – Halloween A-10A – Christmas F-14D – Zipang Team Battle 1 Battle Royale 1 Co-op Battle 1 Co-op Battle 2 Siege Battle 1

Thrusting players into massive living battlefields, Ace Combat 6 lets players pilot cutting-edge real world aircraft such as the F-22 Raptor and A-10 Thunderbolt as they take on screaming enemy fighter jets, ground-based anti-air emplacements and hulking naval vessels. Up to 16 players can test their dogfighting skills online in a variety of multiplayer modes, including objective-based air raids and cooperative missions. Unanimously praised by critics and fans alike, Ace Combat 6 was chosen as one of Time Magazine’s top 10 games of 2007 and lauded as “bigger, better and even more photorealistic than its predecessors” by USA Today.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, exclusively for Xbox 360, is available at retailers nationwide.

2. The Flight Stick Bundle is being re-released as a Best Buy exclusive for $149.99. (LINK) This is showing up in stores already, and should show up online soon. Even better, it's going to be on sale for $129.99 starting Sunday 11/9 (aka, this Sunday). The Best Buy exclusive bundle includes an exclusive "Speed & Angels" DVD :)lol ), in addition to the rest of the stuff (faceplate, stick, etc).

Jonsoncao

Banned
gkrykewy said:
A host of good news on this game, and I thought it was worth bumping this thread. I'll also update the OP with this info.

1. Price (US) has been dropped to $27.99 shipped on Amazon (LINK). It's rumored that this is because the game is about to get a Platinum Hits re-release with some of the DLC added to the disc (in particular, the holiday-themed planes are rumored to be included). You may want to wait on that, but $27.99 is a good deal in the meantime. In addition, the some of the DLC (including the holiday-themed planes) is now free:

2. The Flight Stick Bundle is being re-released as a Best Buy exclusive for $149.99. (LINK) This is showing up in stores already, and should show up online soon. Even better, it's going to be on sale for $129.99 starting Sunday 11/9 (aka, this Sunday). The Best Buy exclusive bundle includes an exclusive "Speed & Angels" DVD :)lol ), in addition to the rest of the stuff (faceplate, stick, etc).

eh-oh....i missed my chance......for that speed & angels stuff.....whats that anyway? sth good? or lame?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
BestBuy had oodles of the bundle on shelves last I went. Seriously debating snagging it since I missed out last year, but at $150? Meh.

gkryhewy

Ethereal said:
Why won't this game come out on PS3!?!?!

Actually, according to the letters section in the latest EGM, it's not going to come to PS3 at all.

(sorry metalmurphy - if you're still around)

MechDX

Hate bumping an old thread but I just got my flight stick bundle. $40 used, but MINT, at Gamestop. The stick just makes HAWX soooo fucking awesome!

The question though is: does this stick work with other flight games? Blazing Angels 1&2 and Over G? I know it will work with the upcoming IL2.

Llyranor

Flightstick is awesome for AC6/HAWX! I love the games so much more thanks to it (the equivalent of using the actual guitar peripheral vs a standard controller for music games for me).

I don't think it works well for Over-G last I read, and no idea about Blazing Angels (which you could test on the demo, I guess).

Previews have noted that IL2 will support the flightstick.

MechDX

Llyranor said:
Flightstick is awesome for AC6/HAWX! I love the games so much more thanks to it (the equivalent of using the actual guitar peripheral vs a standard controller for music games for me).

I don't think it works well for Over-G last I read, and no idea about Blazing Angels (which you could test on the demo, I guess).

Previews have noted that IL2 will support the flightstick.

It does add so much more to the games. Im using my Playseat Evolution with the stick. The control stick fits perfectly on the wheel mount plate and I currently just use a box for the throttle. Going to order the shifter plate add on for the chair, $30 at Amazon. Read a user review there that says the shifter plate keeps the throttle lever at the perfect location on the side of the chair.:D

Top Bottom