• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ace Combat 6 thread of narrative bloat and online joy

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
watership said:
Dude, what control system are you using? You're barely banking or using vertical moves at all. It really seems odd.

Edit: Wait, I think it's because your holding in the right trigger to speed up the replay. Is that it?

Nah he's using the sissy controls where you just turn instead of rolling.

Finished it earlier tonight. Was enjoying it in the beginning but after completing the campaign and screwing around in online for a bit, I'm pretty disappointed. As everyone knows by now, the narrative and story are insultingly bad. It's a little depressing considering how impressive the story presentation was in the 4th game. Voice acting and the cutscenes were also not as good as in previous titles.

The large battles were awesome for the first few missions but the fact that almost every one of them required me to take out fucking half a country's military just burned me out. I also hated how on the harder difficulties, AWACS would basically scream at you to go work on other operations while you were occupied with one. The mission variety pales in comparison to AC5 and thus sours the pacing of the game, quite a few of the missions seemed like retreads towards missions from older AC games but with about 30 times the number of enemies. They also stripped out a lot of stuff from past iterations: the plug-in system/ branching paths from ACX, the pilot ranking system/different plane squadrons from Zero, boresight aiming, number of planes and missions (I believe with only 15 missions this is the shortest AC in quite a long time). The Allied Attack system is not bad in theory but it could use some workm hopefully it makes it into the next one. Online mode just sucks. Barely anyone is playing and the few games I've played have just degenerated into people flying around in circles using the High-G and firing either QAAMs or XLAAs. It's evident that the development team doesn't really know how to make an online game, doesn't really matter though as leaderboards are all that AC really needs.

Hopefully Namco changes things a bit for AC7, I've grown a little tired of the typical fly-through-the-tunnels, battle an elite squadron of fighters, blow up an enormous superweapon formula that Project Aces adheres to.

I hate it when you crush just when you're about to finish a long mission. Serenity now. Other than that, I really like the game; never played the ps2 versions of it and to be honest, I don't care that much.

robot

:lol The aircrafts movement looks really weird in that replay. Awesome paint scheme though.

I'm about to fly Mission 12 and absolutely love the game. I haven't played an Ace Combat game since #2 on PS1, so obviously this is a huge leap of quality for me. The game's a little on the easy side, but I can't wait to replay some of those missions on a harder difficulty (especially 9 or 10, whichever was the huge dogfight)

I guess my only complaint is there's a little too much air to ground fighting - doesn't feel like much of a challenge sweeping past these ground forces with a barrage firepower. I don't mind the cut scenes too much, they're pretty funny in a cheesy way.

gkryhewy

Red Blaster said:
boresight aiming

Boresight aiming is in there - I never use it, but stumbled on it by accident.

I disagree with most of your points, but I guess that's because I'm not tired of the formula. Overall I found the game to be significantly better than AC5, which is the most recent I've played.

Your points re: online are fair, but are to a certain extent inherent to the genre I'd say. People seem to love Crimson Skies online - I've never played it. Are there any obvious modes from that game which AC6 is lacking? It seems as if expanded coop would be the only effective way to address your principle online concerns.

X26

Banned
"Maam, how did you get these?

blonde proceeds to rat out the guy

If it wasn't for the military-run government being overthrown at the end (lame) and we saw the guy executed, it would have been funny enough to make up for how bad the story was

And Chopper >>>>>>>> Shamrock. Chopper went out in style while Shamrock didn't even die (pussy). Also Chopper wouldn't move in on a recently dead pilot's wife and kid (although I doubt the mom is who Shamrock is interested in...)

gkrykewy said:
Boresight aiming is in there - I never use it, but stumbled on it by accident.

How do you activate it? In Zero it was done by pressing R3.

I disagree with most of your points, but I guess that's because I'm not tired of the formula. Overall I found the game to be significantly better than AC5, which is the most recent I've played.

6 is quite similar to Zero and X so if you've skipped those then I could see how you wouldn't be bored with it. If you enjoy the enormous battles, then I could see one preferring it over 5. But AC5 still does so many other things better.

Your points re: online are fair, but are to a certain extent inherent to the genre I'd say. People seem to love Crimson Skies online - I've never played it. Are there any obvious modes from that game which AC6 is lacking? It seems as if expanded coop would be the only effective way to address your principle online concerns.

It's not the modes, it's the way the game feels online. They didn't tweak the gameplay at all for multiplayer, it feels like a novelty. I think maybe adding blackouts and redouts would make things significantly more interesting as people can't just do batshit crazy stunts to avoid missiles all the time while hoping to get lucky with QAAMs.

Sinatar

Play Siege mode instead of the straight up deathmatch modes and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun.

I'm enjoying it pretty well. Plan on finishing the campaign tonight.

My one big complaint is that I just saw that it had online co-op which had me really excited. But wtf, 2 goddamn co-op stages? Go to fucking hell namco. And it looked like one of them was just a rehash of a campaign mission. Seems like they just scraped something together to get a new bullet point.

Would have been nice to actually do the campaign missions in co-op :(

gkryhewy

Red Blaster said:
How do you activate it? In Zero it was done by pressing R3.

I just remember activating it by accident once or twice. Maybe with a left or right analog stick click?

Red Blaster said:
I think maybe adding blackouts and redouts would make things significantly more interesting as people can't just do batshit crazy stunts to avoid missiles all the time while hoping to get lucky with QAAMs.

That's a really good idea.

bigswords

BudokaiMR2 said:
Would have been nice to actually do the campaign missions in co-op :(

I don't understand why they could not have done that? That's like the easiest co-op mode to implement ever and there's tons of planes as well. Wished they followed the score mode in Halo 3 , that's what made co-op so addictive in Halo 3.

Narag

X26 said:
"Maam, how did you get these?

blonde proceeds to rat out the guy

If it wasn't for the military-run government being overthrown at the end (lame) and we saw the guy executed, it would have been funny enough to make up for how bad the story was

And Chopper >>>>>>>> Shamrock. Chopper went out in style while Shamrock didn't even die (pussy). Also Chopper wouldn't move in on a recently dead pilot's wife and kid (although I doubt the mom is who Shamrock is interested in...)

I was hoping they'd tie the mom and daughter to Talisman to make the story a little more personal but nope!

I don't like how the story in the Ace Combat games is being told by a 3rd person. I also don't like how they never show the character you are supposed to be. It makes me feel disconnected from the events around me.

Warm Machine said:
I don't like how the story in the Ace Combat games is being told by a 3rd person. I also don't like how they never show the character you are supposed to be. It makes me feel disconnected from the events around me.

The faceless pilot is a essentially a series trademark. However, Ace Combat 5's story directly follows the events around your flight unit and not through some distant perspective like the others. What sucks is that it seems they'll never revisit the formula in the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3 which featured pretty lengthy anime cutscenes with fleshed out characters and multiple endings.

Then again Project Aces isn't (exactly) the same team that did the PSOne games or Ace Combat 04.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Su-33 Flanker -THE IDOLMASTER MIKI- (400 MS Points)
73c4qoi.jpg

Must... get!

Some other less interesting ones too.

glaurung

I hate the idea that the liveries actually increase the planes' abilities.

That makes no freaking sense and I this bullcrap will ruin the online playability because those who care to spend top dollar get an unfair advantage.

Microrapement cheating all over again.

gkryhewy

glaurung said:
I hate the idea that the liveries actually increase the planes' abilities.

That makes no freaking sense and I this bullcrap will ruin the online playability because those who care to spend top dollar get an unfair advantage.

Microrapement cheating all over again.

Not really. Some stats are boosted while others are weakened.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, so are all these DLC planes new or can they be unlocked in the main game? I'm guessing the Idolmaster plane is new.

Kuran

Banned
Is there any online retailer besides Play-Asia that has the Ace Edge in stock? I'd love to get my hands on one, and PA is sold out..

Kuran

Banned
Sigh, this is so frustrating. Isn't there anyone else in Europe who feels that they need the stick to properly enjoy this game?

Besides Play-Asia (out of stock), Amazon.com is the only one carrying this stick, and they won't ship it internationally. :( :(

Llyranor

My friend in the UK is in the same situation. He wants the flightstick, but can't really get a hold of it. Importing the bundle might be problematic, since the game is NOT region-free. He'll try to get the flightstick alone second-hand, but :/

Kuran

Banned
I don't mind getting the bundle, it doesn't really cost more then the stand-alone stick. I could always sell the US game second-hand afterwards.

Just how many of these did Namco ship?

Gowans

after finsihing up todays session of Mass Effect I put this on for a quick multiplayer with a bud to figure stuff out in a private room as it just came out.

Its now 2 hours later and I will be goosed tomorrow morning but my god SO MUCH FUN on multi from just formation flying to dog flights to co-op.

Still need to learn a tonne but it was ace (also had the Top Gun soundtrack on repeat and giggled like a child).

blanky

I just got this today but I don't have anyone playing this great game on my friendslist so if anyone wants to play some ace combat send an fr to apoks

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Just started playing this game last night and having never really liked an AC game in the past before (or never really exploring them beyond the first couple hours), I'm way into AC6.

Just did the snowy mountain campaign mission, around 6 or 7, and having a blast just feeling the massive battles and chaos. Graphics are also insanely good at any altitude except a couple hundred feet.

Playing on normal and getting S and A's on all my mission objectives... which can't be right since I know I suck at flight games, even if they're arcadey. :)

So what's a good way to avoid an incoming missile? Is there a way to lock onto an incoming missile so you know which way to juke? I'm just randomly juking left and right and rolling around and it seems to do the trick but I don't feel very bad ass.

Also, what's boresight aiming? How do you activate it? I love getting kills with the vulcan cannon so someone tell me!

Awesome game so far -- not sure if I'll ever play multiplayer but hit me up if you want to rape me.

Sinatar

What kind of fantasy dreamworld is Namco living in?

Please don't tell me people are dropping FIVE DOLLARS ON A JPG FOR THEIR PLANE.

gkryhewy

chespace said:
Also, what's boresight aiming? How do you activate it? I love getting kills with the vulcan cannon so someone tell me!

Sorry - I screwed up with that. There is no boresight aiming. I was confused with the target tracking camera, which zooms in on your target if you hold Y.

GrayFoxPL

For me the best AC game I played was japanese AC3. Giantic story with branching paths and multiendings. It was like full lenght anime. It also had cyberspace and the space battles, but it fit well with the whole SF-anime formula. It was awesome, epic, full 3cd ride. Then they cut everything out and rammed the missions into one disc for euro release :lol.

AC4 was tiny in comparsion, but it's such neat little package, you can play it over and over again on harder difficulties. Great gameplay and very replayable. Good story.

AC5 played only the demo so I don't really know anything about it.

Never played AC Zero an AC6.

I wanted to get into AC again but don't know what would be the best to get AC5, Zero or AC6.

Could someone advise? Red Blaster?

I remember Zero got a backlash from reviewers, but is it really bad? I always wanted to buy it.

Oh and btw. Idolmaster on fighter planes is an insult for all airborne. Wtf was namco thinking.

gkryhewy

Bunch of new DLC released today, including planes, levels, and a mode? (under the Ace of Aces DLC). Haven't had time to check any of it out yet:

Content: BATTLE ROYALE DL 1
Price: 100 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] New Online Battle, Battle Royale Now Available! A maximum of 16 players can take part in this South Sea Battle Royale amongst heavy command cruisers. Avoid the Gyges and Kottos barrage, and strike down the opposition! *Select Player Match via Online Battle after download to play. (This system is not available in Ranked Match) There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: CO-OP BATTLE DL 1
Price: 300 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] New Online CO-OP BATTLE Stage Now Available! Join up to four other players in hunting down the enemy forces scattered across the canyon. The primary mission consists of four individually timed successive operations. Progression to the next operation can be achieved without destroying all TGTs within the time limit. However, successfully destroying all TGTs will lead to increased fortifications during the secondary mission, and a chance to score bigger points. Work with your wingmen to successfully clear all operations, and unleash the full power of Ragno Fortress! *Select Player Match via Online Battle after download to play. (This system is not available in Ranked Match) There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: SIEGE BATTLE DL 1
Price: 300 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] New Online Battle, Siege Battle Now Available! A maximum of 8 players can take part in this Siege Battle above the snowy plains. The attacking side must dispose of enemy defense drones before downing a unit of transport aircraft. Destroying radar vehicles will temporarily disable the transport defenses. The attacking side will receive additional defense drones for each enemy aircraft downed. A delicate balance of offense and defense is necessary to see the transports safely to their destination. Skillful teamwork holds the key to victory. *Select Player Match via Online Battle after download to play. (This system is not available in Ranked Match) There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: ACE OF ACES MISSION 01
Price: 350 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] A challenge exclusively for masters of Ace Combat. Exceeding that of ACE, Mission 01 is now available on the highest difficulty level, Ace of Aces. Protect Gracemeria from the reinforced Estovakian invasion. New Counter-Charge System! When you see the Mission timer, that's your chance to increased Allied Support! Destroy the enemy within the time limit, to secure more allied numbers. The greater the number of enemies destroyed, the greater the number of allies who come to your aid. Time your kills right, and break through even the toughest enemy line. *Campaign Mode, Mission 01 must be cleared, and Free Mission Save Data available to use this download content. *Select Ace of Aces via Free Mission after download to play. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: F-117A -GENERAL EMBLEM-
Price: Free
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] F-117A Night Hawk, General Resource Aircraft Available! Ace Combat 3, General Resource Aircraft. A lightened fuselage allows for increased weapons payload. Built upon an array of technology, this aircraft boasts assured attacking prowess. Wielding the might of the world economy, none can stand against the massive international conglomerate, General Resource. Once downloaded other player aircraft will also reflect the content of Aircraft <PACK05>, otherwise other player aircraft will appear as Emmerian colors.

Content: RAZGRIZ SET 01
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] Razgriz Set 01 (4 Aircraft) Now Available! Four aircraft including F-16C Fighting Falcon, F-2A, Su-33 Flanker, Rafale M. Advanced accident prevention systems, and high durability have been incorporated into the designs to ensure the survival of all squadron members. This enigmatic squadron became known as both the heroes and demons of Ace Combat 5. Join them on their road to victory, and strike your opponents down. Once downloaded other player aircraft will also reflect the content of Aircraft <PACK05>, otherwise other player aircraft will appear as Emmerian colors. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Mirage2000-5 -ADVANCED-
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] Mirage2000-5, Advanced Aircraft Now Available! Reductions in armor coupled with a stable thrust engine bestow this aircraft with advanced handling characteristics. Responding to the slightest adjustment in thrust, this aircraft offers an entirely new sense of acceleration. Once downloaded other player aircraft will also reflect the content of Aircraft <PACK05>, otherwise other player aircraft will appear as Emmerian colors. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Su-33 -CRIMSON WING-
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] Su-33 Flanker, Monotone Color, Crimson Aircraft Now Available! A modified sky painting aircraft for shows and exhibitions, this aircraft is equipped with colored smoke missiles. With a maximized missile payload, the sky is your canvas! Once downloaded other player aircraft will also reflect the content of Aircraft <PACK05>, otherwise other player aircraft will appear as Emmerian colors. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: F-15E -THE IDOLMASTER CHIHAYA-
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Mild Language, Violence] F-15E Strike Eagle, THE IDOLMASTER, Chihaya Kisaragi Aircraft Now Available! The stars of the hit game THE IDOLMASTER make their Ace Combat debut! The fourth up is the moody girl wonder, Chihaya Kisaragi. Take care not to get on her bad side, aim for the top, and take to the skies! We can't wait to see what she's got! Once downloaded other player aircraft will also reflect the content of Aircraft <PACK05>, otherwise other player aircraft will appear as Emmerian colors. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Narag

I snagged Ace of Aces but I'm a little disappointed its just the first level. That's really not worth 350 points if they're going to put everything out like that. Going to give it a shot shortly though.

gkryhewy

Narag said:
I snagged Ace of Aces but I'm a little disappointed its just the first level. That's really not worth 350 points if they're going to put everything out like that. Going to give it a shot shortly though.

Isn't Ace of Aces unlockable in the game anyway? I'm confused.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it was always going to be DLC. Yeah, 350 points per level would be retarded. Hopefully they'll wise up, as with the Razgriz pack.

Narag

gkrykewy said:
Isn't Ace of Aces unlockable in the game anyway? I'm confused.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it was always going to be DLC. Yeah, 350 points per level would be retarded. Hopefully they'll wise up, as with the Razgriz pack.

I hope so too.
6300 points for a full ultra difficulty campaign is kinda irritating.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Whoa, I totally forgot to even try multiplayer when I rented the game through gamefly... :(

Llyranor

The multiplayer is quite excellent. My favorite 360 mp experience. It's not perfect, but the devs are working at fixing the main glaring issues (penalties for crashing, less points for using higher-end weapons eg. QAAMs). I'd buy the new mp maps, but no one would play them - which is a shame (the vanilla Siege map is pretty cool, but people rarely play it already). I bought the previous Team Battle DLC1, but haven't even had a chance to play it yet. At least it was only 100pts. The pricing is starting to seem a bit expensive.

I'll probably still pick up the co-op map here. I'm a sucker for that.

The Ace of Aces mission 1 sounds expensive. After all, it IS mission 1. If they do this for all missions, it'll really start to add up. That being said, it seems they at least put some work into it:

(from Acecombatskies forum member Tomcat man:)

AoA Mission 1: Two words " MISSILE SPAMMAGE!"

Right, here's a detailed description of what happens in the mission.

The mission starts like normal except there are no C-17s in the first section to drop airborne tanks. There are the usual targets, plus roughly 60 enemy fighters, half of them are always shooting at you, so keeps your wits about you.

You can take out the fighters if you wish, but if you take out the targets, they all disappear.

Then a 2 minute countdown starts. By the Kings Bridge, 4 F-14s spawn under the name "RED". When you shoot down the 14s, 4 F-18s spawn under the name "GREEN". Then when those go down, a final group of 4 F-15Es spawn under the name "BLUE". If you take those 3 groups down within two minutes, you get the ability to use Allied Support. (That's right, in the first section, you can't use it at all).

Next, the mission continues like normal, with the same target B-52s and UH-9s spawning, along with another 60+ fighters, again, half always trying to kill you (ubar 1337 missile spam). Note that ti takes roughly 3-4 two missile passes to kill one B-52.

After all the targets have gone down, you get another 2 minute countdown. This time, an untaregtable squad of C-17s comes in from the west. They start to drop airborne tanks under the name "RED". you can take down the tanks with missiles. After this group, another untargetable group of C-17s appear. They then drop more airborne tanks under the name "GREEN", except this time, these tanks are untargetable, so you have to rely on your gun.

After the two tank groups have been destroyed (as long as it's within the time limit), you get more allied support. More fighter spanw, and two special sqaudrons as well. One is a squad of 4 Rafales under the name "SUCCUBUS", and 4 F-18s under the name "INCUBUS". Once you shoot down both of those squadrons, the Aigaion cutscene plays. (Note that if you die anytime before the cutscene, regardless of how far you get, you have to start from scratch due to no checkpoint)

After the cutscene, the red rings on your radar signalling the nimbus detonation, are completely surrounding you, the only way out is up or down. Yet more fighters spawn, along with Strigon and the Aigaion. I will point out that after the cutscene, you can actually land at Gracemeria Base to re-arm. Your final task.......DESTROY TEH STRIGON!

Once all of the Strigon's have gone down, the mission is complete. There is no need to cross the return line.

I got killed 3 times, but still came out with an S (Evasion FTW)

Differences from standard "Invasion of Gracemeria" mission:

- There are 8 Strigons: 7 of them are still SU-33s, the other is in fact the CFA-44. It is implied that Voychek is flying it.
- The Aigaion is not targetable, it is there for show, but it also makes more deadly Nimbus barrages.
- Every single Nimbus barrage is aimed at you and not randomly. The red circles always surround your aircraft.
- There are no Apaches flying over the Gracemeria Base runway.
- After you shoot down the first three 4-plane squads (RED, GREEN and BLUE), a small fleet consisting of a Carrier, two Destroyers and an Aegis will spawn just south of Kings Bridge.
- As stated before, you can land at the Gracemeria Base runway to refuel.
- No C-17s in the first section.
- Even if you take down the CFA-44 first, second or third etc. Toscha will start the "Strigon Leader is hit!" line of dialogue. However, Strigon will NOT evacuate, they will still fight.
- If you do try to land, make sure it's after a Nimbus attack. I got killed while I was slowing down on the tarmac.
- It is not mandatory to destroy the enemy fighters, but for the S rank, I advise you do so.
- Allied Support CANNOT BE ACTIVATED BELOW THE THIRD SECTION OF THE BAR. You have to get into the fourth bar for it to work.

I quite enjoyed the singleplayer. My main issue was that it was too easy. I love a good challenge. If these provide that, I might have to bite.

Narag

Its pretty hardcore and fun. The missles weren't a big deal from what I played, I had a harder time with the bombers chaffing my QAAMs all to hell so they'd miss more than they'd hit.

Is that new or was that in the hard mode already?

Llyranor

I haven't unlocked Ace diff yet (still in Expert mode), but I haven't seen it here (or in Hard mode).

In any case, impressions on the co-op mission (same forum):
The co-op download is proving to be quite the task. There are several subsections to the mission and even with 3 people, it is difficult to take out all targets in each subsection. Plenty of F-15s, F-14s, SU-47s and F-22s in the co-op along with an ungodly number of ground targets. You even have to kill off flak cannons at the beginning to safely exit the canyon. The use of the tunnels is incorporated in the mission as well. If you are a fan of co-op play, it's definitely worth the money for this one.

Looks like I might have to pick up the AoA and co-op maps.

Tideas

Banned
on PSM3, they mentioned a rumor that AC6 was coming to the PS3 in the 3rd/4th quarter this year.

Don't know how much of truth that is, but I don't doubt it.

x3sphere

Namco has announced new DLC for this week, hits tomorrow.

* F-22A Raptor – Gryphus Emblem (Free): Mobility and speed have been exchanged for heavy armor and an increased weapons payload in this aircraft modeled after those of the heroes of Ace Combat X.

* F-22A Raptor – Indigo Wing (200 Microsoft Points): Modified for performance at air shows and exhibitions, this aircraft is equipped with a maximum payload of colored smoke missiles.

* F-14D SuperTomcat – Zipang (200 Microsoft Points): Inspired by the spring season, this aircraft conjures serene memories of cherry blossoms on the wind. Specialized tuning has resulted in precision mobility with minimal armor and firepower.

* Razgriz Set 2 – Contains Su-47 Berkut, A-10A and Typhoon (300 Microsoft Points): This set of three planes bears the emblem of the Razgriz squadron, the heroes of Ace Combat 5. Each plane is accentuated with advanced durability to ensure the survival of all squad members in even the most hostile missions.

* F-22A Raptor – The Idolmaster Haruka (400 Microsoft Points): This aircraft’s speed often puts it in danger, but its friendly appearance is sure to make it a favorite of friend and foe alike.

* Mirage2000-5 – The Idolmaster Yayoi (400 Microsoft Points): The world’s most energetic aircraft, this plane can be a handful once it’s wound up and ready to go.

The downloadable content for Ace Combat 6 launching next week also includes the following single player and online multiplayer stages:

* Co-op Battle Download #2 (300 Microsoft Points): Join forces with up to four players over the frozen arctic tundra as you attempt to defeat the Chandelier doomsday weapon.

* Ace of Aces Mission #2 (300 Microsoft Points): A new single player stage for the masters of Ace Combat 6, this new mission’s challenge exceeds that of the game’s previous highest difficulty level. Take flight and hold back the unrelenting enemy onslaught to save Vitoze, the last remaining Emmerian stronghold. Using the new counter charge system, players can earn additional allied reinforcements by defeating enemies within certain time parameters.

You can view screenshots here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6328

PSYGN

Awesome game.

I wish it had split screen, though.
I actually enjoyed composing some hellish airshows on the PS2 using both controllers and the replay function.

Sad, I know.
But not quite as sad as anime plastered over the fighter planes. :lol

Top Bottom