• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What do you expect? He's just a liberal mouthpiece. It's all he's ever been. He just laughs off any ideas that aren't in line with Democrats.

Stewart actually looks as if he's trying to think through ideas. He actually offers to keep talking with people and generally doesn't treat them with abject disrespect and scorn. I'm not sure how that's 'laughing off'.

If he's a 'mouthpiece' then what would you call Team GOP Pundit, where the current popular standard for behavior involves sneering, mocking, and cutting others off after three words into their ideas to declare them idiotic, stupid, and probably satanic?

Not only that but every time Johnson tried to say something, Jon would butt in and make a dumb joke relating to the coke and weed. One of the worst interviews I've ever seen.

i kind of like it when jon just fucks with people in interviews. colbert and martin sheen were fantastic.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Mayor Boris Johnson from England is on the show and Jon just keeps shoving the coke and weed in his face.

pretty hilarious that this is true

Dartastic

I enjoyed the Bain interview also, but it really showed what a ridiculous disconnect people like that dude have with the majority of America. One of the best interviews ever.

Socreges

Banned
Not only that but every time Johnson tried to say something, Jon would butt in and make a dumb joke relating to the coke and weed. One of the worst interviews I've ever seen.
Yep. Came in here to say this.

i kind of like it when jon just fucks with people in interviews.
Dunno if you saw it, but this one was pretty bad. The funny parts actually came from Johnson when he was actually allowed to speak.

I don't think the Simplot thing is that rare, unfortunately. North Carolina's government, for example, is largely controlled by Smithfield. And on a smaller scale, there are dozens of company towns and cities across the US where a company calls the shots and basically appoints whomever they want to public service positions.

Okay, 4chan being a clue on Jeopardy was funny. Now it's being name dropped in the Daily Show book segment. This is getting weird. John doesn't know what an image board is. Please God, don't google 4chan John. Your soul is still uncorrupted.

Really cool interview with the Egyptian satirist today. He's essentially Egypt's version of Jon Stewart. Pretty charming dude, hahaha. Apparently he was inspired by Stewart to do his own show which started on YouTube, but quickly led to him getting on TV. And he's a surgeon while the show's on break!

Loxley

Really cool interview with the Egyptian satirist today. He's essentially Egypt's version of Jon Stewart. Pretty charming dude, hahaha. Apparently he was inspired by Stewart to do his own show which started on YouTube, but quickly led to him getting on TV. And he's a surgeon while the show's on break!

Just finished watching it myself, guy was a great guest. Probably one of my favorites in a long time, the whole interview was really fun to watch.

KarmaCow

Colbert's interview with Lawrence Krauss was pretty entertaining. Wasn't really informative since it's hard to condense the points and Krauss was using Discovery channel language but it was nice to see Colbert to break from his persona a bit.

leroidys

SMH at Steward not calling Rubio out on "fixing the deficit will fix the economy" and "the economy grew under Clinton because they balanced the budget in '94"

Seguin

Banned
SMH at Steward not calling Rubio out on "fixing the deficit will fix the economy" and "the economy grew under Clinton because they balanced the budget in '94"

They had a great conversation though. It was funny how much it seemed like Rubio genuinely enjoyed having a debate, which I guess the Senate doesn't do anymore.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Yeah, Stewart had quite a few good points, but when Rubio tried to pull out bullshit answers like this, he didn't seem to have a good rebuttal.

Top Bottom