• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Fusebox

Banned
It's like you guys are taking crazy pills or something. Jon Oliver is EASILY the funniest correspondent AND the funniest person on the show. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

No YOU'RE on crazy pills because we were talking about who the worst correspondent is, not the funniest.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Am I the only one that was more impressed by Stewart's critique of unfair American subsides yesterday, rather than his attack on Fox News? Both were good, but it's the latter part of the segment that really got me.

Today was great too. He's been on a tear lately.

Also, re: last night's episode. The bullshit mountain was fuck awesome, and is Jon Stewart at his absolute best. But he went ahead and blew most of htat goodwill by having another inane false equivalency segment shortly after. Alas.

See I love that. It shows that while Romney and Fox News are out their mind and are lying by the minute, the other side is not without fault either. I think Stewart resonates with a lot of independent voters that are just upset with the whole political climate. Stop taking sides and let's do something great. Instead we have career senators and an Us Vs Them attitude and it's a miracle anything gets done.

All the correspondents are usually good on TDS because if one sucks then they get rid of them fairly quickly (Olivia Munn).

I wasn't a big fan of the chaos on bullshit mountain segment. Yes we know Fox News is biased, you've done bits on it everyday for the last decade or so. I just think the Fox News bashing is stale and they should focus on actual political or news stuff, rather than talking about the media.

Fusebox

Banned
Olivia Munn was fantastic on TDS and is still officially a correspondent but she's busy with Newsroom lately so she hasn't been on.

Jintor

It's like you guys are taking crazy pills or something. Jon Oliver is EASILY the funniest correspondent AND the funniest person on the show. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Also, re: last night's episode. The bullshit mountain was fuck awesome, and is Jon Stewart at his absolute best. But he went ahead and blew most of htat goodwill by having another inane false equivalency segment shortly after. Alas.

A rare sighting of Oblivion not trolling the fuck out of dems on gaf

I don't think it was super false equivalency although it is clear to me that the republicans are way worse at throwing feces around. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of those correspondent trap/man-on-the-street segments at all.

All the correspondents are usually good on TDS because if one sucks then they get rid of them fairly quickly (Olivia Munn).

I wasn't a big fan of the chaos on bullshit mountain segment. Yes we know Fox News is biased, you've done bits on it everyday for the last decade or so. I just think the Fox News bashing is stale and they should focus on actual political or news stuff, rather than talking about the media.

In a democratic society the media is an essential part of the political process. Even if everyone knows Fox is bullshit mountain that's no reason to stop giving them the hammer.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

John Oliver, either by choice or by writers, plays up the "I'm a British person and we're wacky to Americans" schtick way too much. I don't even think its what he says, its the delivery, its a bit too "bombastic" usually. I think he has the potential to be really really funny though.

Holy shit that was an epic burn. Might just refer to Fox News as bullshit mountain from now on too lol. Absolutely epic tear down.

are you in the uk, nib? if you have sky, the daily show shows on comedy central x every night at 10.30pm. I don't know if the channel is available on virgin or bt vision though.

Jintor

John Oliver, either by choice or by writers, plays up the "I'm a British person and we're wacky to Americans" schtick way too much. I don't even think its what he says, its the delivery, its a bit too "bombastic" usually. I think he has the potential to be really really funny though.

Listen to the Bugle. It's just how he is.

nib95

Banned
are you in the uk, nib? if you have sky, the daily show shows on comedy central x every night at 10.30pm. I don't know if the channel is available on virgin or bt vision though.

Holy crap I did not know this.

*Turns on Sky, finds Daily Show, clicks series record*

You are a legend!

Man, just watched the Chaos on Bullshit Mountain segment. That was an absolutely amazing tear-down of Fox News. The sad part is, I could show that segment to my parents (who are hard-ass conservatives and think Fox News is gospel) and they'd say how completely wrong Stewart is.

See I love that. It shows that while Romney and Fox News are out their mind and are lying by the minute, the other side is not without fault either. I think Stewart resonates with a lot of independent voters that are just upset with the whole political climate. Stop taking sides and let's do something great. Instead we have career senators and an Us Vs Them attitude and it's a miracle anything gets done.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on news media and politics as a whole. Tired of the bullshit from all sides.

MormaPope

Banned
I was just watching it, it's a scathing attack on the republicans. very well done even if I didn't get some of the content. the exxon gas and at&t references threw me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4BfW2836Y

God Damn.

That was one of the best segments I've seen of the Daily Show. When Jon Stewart gets serious, that's the show at it's best.

That bit was up there with when he was on Crossfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

And when he interviewed Jim Cramer: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-march-12-2009/jim-cramer-extended-interview-pt--1

Was last night a new episode? I tuned in Monday, but it was a rerun, so I didn't watch it last night, but now I think it might have been new.

Yeah, threw me off also. Missed the Daily Show because of it, but caught Colbert Report last night at least. I thought their weeks off were getting crazy when it was a repeat on Monday.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ah, that's why. Don't really notice all that stuff from Germany. I only look at the website and leave disappointed if there's no new episode.

For what exactly did they win the Emmy by the way?

"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Scores Again for Outstanding Variety Series Making It the Show's Tenth Consecutive Win, The Longest Streak in Emmy History.

Jucksalbe

Banned
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Scores Again for Outstanding Variety Series Making It the Show's Tenth Consecutive Win, The Longest Streak in Emmy History.

Don't they usually get nominated for a special episode or something like that (I don't really know much about the Emmy awards)?
Actually, I guess this year Colbert would really have deserved to get it, if only for his coverage of Super PACs.

nib95

Banned
Watching this pre recorded on Sky (eurgh..) but man I love this show. Obama was a no show on one on one meetings after the summit but manages to get in for TV time? Also more insane Romney lol and King Abdullah II (Jordan) seems pretty sharp.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Star-Trek-happy-Picard-530x298.jpg

I have totally changed my opinion of Arnold Scharwezenegger, what a great interview. All Daily Show interviews make mythic figures into humans. All his governor experience paid dividends, not having ties to any party, knowing how stuff is run, and showing how progressive California is with EPA and stem cell research.

Top Bottom