• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Devil Summoner 2 NA Thread of Raiho keeping the PS2 alive!

daemonic

Banned
Just started this up after finishing Persona 4. Quick question: are there any demons that evolve by levelling up? Like Pixie -> High Pixie as in Nocturne. Or is fusing the only way here?

demonix69 said:
Just started this up after finishing Persona 4. Quick question: are there any demons that evolve by levelling up? Like Pixie -> High Pixie as in Nocturne. Or is fusing the only way here?
Nope, your demons don't evolve in this game.

daemonic

Banned
Thanks. I figuered that wasn't the case but just wanted to make sure. Great game so far though. SMT soundtracks never fail to impress.

I guess I'm going to have to import this. I'm in the UK and still no word of a release over here :( Don't really have any way of playing it though, unless it works alright on PCSX2?

Have a question regarding the luck stat.

I'm just in the beginning of Chapter 2 and noticed I was getting whacked before battle a lot. Then I noticed 2 big down arrows next to my luck stat and that it had been negated all the way down to 1 point. What happened? I didn't notice anything in particular affecting it.

It's an important part of the game's plot. Don't worry, you'll get many opportunities to raise it without spending any experience points later on.

Minamu

Baloonatic said:
I guess I'm going to have to import this. I'm in the UK and still no word of a release over here :( Don't really have any way of playing it though, unless it works alright on PCSX2?
I was hoping this was a PAL release bump :( So I second this, I guess. I really want to play this in almost any way possible :( I'm surprised it's okay to mention emus like that.

There's nothing wrong with importing the game and playing it on an emulator. GAF only condemn piracy.

Edit: Koei published the first game and Persona 3, Ghostlight published SMT3 and the DDS games, and Square-Enix Europe published Persona 4. I'm guessing all three of them passed on Raidou 2.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
One of my favourite games. What I loved (amongst many other awesome things) was how much respect the main character received. He's known as a fuck-off scary summoner and only garners more respect as the game moves on.

I'd love, LOVE another game in the series.

Minamu said:
I was hoping this was a PAL release bump :( So I second this, I guess. I really want to play this in almost any way possible :( I'm surprised it's okay to mention emus like that.

I imported it in the end (no way is it coming here after all this time) and it seems to run fine on PCSX2. Haven't played it all the way through yet though, could be some issues later on.

Minamu

archnemesis said:
There's nothing wrong with importing the game and playing it on an emulator. GAF only condemn piracy.
Baloonatic said:
I imported it in the end (no way is it coming here after all this time) and it seems to run fine on PCSX2. Haven't played it all the way through yet though, could be some issues later on.
Sweet, I suppose it's time to check import sites then :D I only have P4 experience but this doesn't seem to be on the more difficult side of things on the normal SMT scale, right?

Minamu said:
Same here. :( I'll play it, one day...

whoops, sorry euro-gaffers... was just looking for some game info

never realized their wasn't a sole publisher dedicated to publishing atlus games in the EU

Scored a copy of this today complete with the plushie, brand new for $19.99. If you never got a copy and are still interested, check your local Gamestop because mine had a pile of them sitting in their back room. (Ok...I think it was 5, but that's still a lot for a game like this.)

I guess it didn't sell very well, but for 20 bucks, this is a steal and you should take advantage of it.

Curufinwe

My affection for this game has only grown over time. The music and the overall vibe really stick with you. Having such a cool main character doesn't hurt, either.

Top Bottom