• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Endless Ocean 2 thread: A humpback whale is about to ram us!

gamingeek

It's officially becoming almost impossible to post screens now because of spoilers.

r4e0585.jpg

I took this one in the Cortica, posted other pics elsewhere but I can't link them in case it spoils bits.

I just played the last healing mission, that was awesome :D

I'm getting a bit peeved at Cortica with this barrier
You need a freshwater dolphin right? Why can't I befriend the dolphins in the temple?

Also some treasures elude me. The
at sea level floating platform
near Cake rock? Uh, where?

Also this
cave in the
south west of Gatama Atoll. Where? Anyone got co-ordinates?

And finding the 3rd Blue bird
Where the snow dances? WTF? There are two frozen oceans and what does this riddle mean? Aurora or just blizzard? And which sea?

Mekere

gamingeek said:
You need a freshwater dolphin right? Why can't I befriend the dolphins in the temple?
Beat me, I tried to befriend them a lots of time but didn't managed to do anything :/

gamingeek said:
Also some treasures elude me. The
at sea level floating platform
near Cake rock? Uh, where?
If I'm not mistaken:
Your answer is indeed near cake rock in the zone called navel of Gatama. As the name says it's right in the middle of the map, I don't think you need to dive with someone in particular for that one.

gamingeek said:
Also this
cave in the
south west of Gatama Atoll. Where? Anyone got co-ordinates?
I don't have the coordinate, but you can find it quite easily if you
check carefully the drop off, the cave is near the pinkish coral, on its left I think
remember to take a dolphin with you.

gamingeek said:
And finding the 3rd Blue bird
Where the snow dances? WTF? There are two frozen oceans and what does this riddle mean? Aurora or just blizzard? And which sea?
The third? If I remember well the third clue talks about frozen land, and there's only one frozen land for sure ;)
So, it's in the south pole when there is Blizzard

STG

gamingeek said:

Mekere said:
Beat me, I tried to befriend them a lots of time but didn't managed to do anything :/
dunno if it's spoiler worthy but anyway:

Do the dolphin show stuff till the point when the one dude says do 100 training sessions or do 20 shows

after you have done one of that he comes again and tells you how to be a friend to those animals the rest should be self explaining

Mekere

STG said:
dunno if it's spoiler worthy but anyway [...]

Why, thanks for the info. Actually that was exactly what I feared :D That's the one thing in the game that bother me to no end, I guess I'll have to take some time to do it :/

43 hours.. still too much to do *cries*

gamingeek

Mekere said:

If I'm not mistaken:
Your answer is indeed near cake rock in the zone called navel of Gatama. As the name says it's right in the middle of the map, I don't think you need to dive with someone in particular for that one.

I don't have the coordinate, but you can find it quite easily if you
check carefully the drop off, the cave is near the pinkish coral, on its left I think
remember to take a dolphin with you.

The third? If I remember well the third clue talks about frozen land, and there's only one frozen land for sure ;)
So, it's in the south pole when there is Blizzard

I found the Gatama atoll cave last night. Will try your tips today. Thanks bud :D

I can't wait to pick this up (along with Heavy Rain) this coming Tuesday. i love that they price this title perfectly. That price point will sell this game to those who are curious about it but not sure if they would spend $50 on the experience.

Mekere

Training dolphins is so boring... If only you could change the music for it, but no, it's the same tune, over and over :'(

How long do you stay in your private reef? I spend way too long time in it, trying to make some decoration theme. My actual is named "Tapis rouge" I will send the picture later. So, do you try to make something pretty? Or just put coral where there's place?

gamingeek

HiResDes said:
wow, long time no see buddy...:D

zombies_sf_6.jpg

Come back. Come back. Come back.

Where the hell have you been? :lol

Mekere said:
Training dolphins is so boring... If only you could change the music for it, but no, it's the same tune, over and over :'(

How long do you stay in your private reef? I spend way too long time in it, trying to make some decoration theme. My actual is named "Tapis rouge" I will send the picture later. So, do you try to make something pretty? Or just put coral where there's place?

What is the point of training them?

I spend hardly any time in the reef, I use auto placement and then feed a few fish.

I still cannot get a river dolphin to befriend me damnit.

gamingeek said:
What is the point of training them?

You answered your own question, unwittingly 2 lines lower...

gamingeek said:
I still cannot get a river dolphin to befriend me damnit.

Train the dolphins and you'll start getting requests to do dolphin shows. Eventually, this leads to you being able to befriend practically every dolphin/small whale in the game.

Befriendable animals only show up when you unlock the ability to befriend that particular one, and it ALWAYS looks different to the others... for example, the river dolphins you come accross in the game are a pinky/purple colour wheras the one you can befriend is entirely pink.

Mekere

Well, apparently you need to train/make show with your dolphin to be able to befriend other dolphin. cf STG's message.

For now, I have Dodo (the first dolphin) trained to the max, the 3 other are still beginners...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When I got the Wii this past Christmas, I had looked for EO but couldn't find it locally and its gone up in price a bit online. I saw the sequel was only $29.99 and already considered a superior game so I preordered it last week.

I love Aquanauts Holiday for the PS3, wish they had a domestic DLC release for the game a la Siren. I'm looking forward to EO 2.

gamingeek

Monkeylord said:
You answered your own question, unwittingly 2 lines lower...

Train the dolphins and you'll start getting requests to do dolphin shows. Eventually, this leads to you being able to befriend practically every dolphin/small whale in the game.

Befriendable animals only show up when you unlock the ability to befriend that particular one, and it ALWAYS looks different to the others... for example, the river dolphins you come accross in the game are a pinky/purple colour wheras the one you can befriend is entirely pink.

Ah crap I was afraid of that. How often and what are the conditions for your dolphins to learn new tricks? And how much do you have to train those guys each day?

Mekere

Yeah, I was not pleased either.

To unlock the befriending stuff, I thing training a dolphin to level 2 is enough. If you really want to make it fast, train each trick until Océane tells you it's not necessary any more, then repeat and rinse until Hayako tells you about the test. Then... it's a long way
especially because you have to make 1 + 3 + 20 shows to have the trainer's secret >_>

gamingeek said:
Ah crap I was afraid of that. How often and what are the conditions for your dolphins to learn new tricks? And how much do you have to train those guys each day?

I dunno how often, but it took me about 30mins to train 1 dolphin up enough to unlock the dude who comes to see how well you've trained it. Once that happens you can talk to Hayako for dolphin show requests.

The way I did it was to keep doing tricks until it unloicked "free train" where your dolphin goes nuts and just performs random tricks till you tell it to stop. Then I left it a few mins on auto while I made a cuppa. Once I was back in control I just kept repeating the same trick untill Oceane tells you she doesn't think that trick will get any better. Then I moved onto the next one, and so on untill they were all as good as they'll get.

Yeah, all in all about 30mins worth.

gamingeek

Thanks guys. Will do.

Its easier to train this time compared to the first game, but I dont see much point in it.

Anyone know where the treasure is
In the central section of Cisceros?

Mekere

The one hinted in the Salvage rumour? If yes:

In the centre of the map there is a place where you can go ashore, the treasure is in the water on the left.

gamingeek

Mekere said:
The one hinted in the Salvage rumour? If yes:

In the centre of the map there is a place where you can go ashore, the treasure is in the water on the left.

Damn, I tried that last night and couldn't see anything. Do you have to do it at a certain time or weather condition?

So my preorder and various sites have it coming out March 2nd, did a too small of a shipment happen or something? I'd like to think it's because its going to unexpectedly do 3 million in month 1 and break SSBB's Wii sales record, but I'm, you know, sane. Anyhow that's really annoying since it'll be arriving right before my final final, and I'm going to need some time alone with the game once I start playing.

Effect

I know this game might be fun in terms of co-op with a friend over Wii Speak but how about single player. I heard there was something like a story in the game but is that true? Would it be enjoyable single player if only for it's relaxing nature of exploring the ocean in the game?

Effect said:
I know this game might be fun in terms of co-op with a friend over Wii Speak but how about single player. I heard there was something like a story in the game but is that true? Would it be enjoyable single player if only for it's relaxing nature of exploring the ocean in the game?
Yes and yes! :D

zigg

gamingeek said:
Have the US guys got their hands on this yet?

Obviously yes I have :D

Our review, be it done by one person or all of us roundtabling it, is planned for next week. Wanted to finish the journal first.

gamingeek

Effect said:

Yeah it has a very involved story mode that will take about 10 hrs to complete. Game has tons of features and quests and you can do all the stuff and it has hours upon hours of content.

Lenardo

Banned
not one gamestop(at least 50 stores) - unless their website is busted- within 100 MILES of Boston has this game

luckily the best buys in my area- ALL of them do have it.

will nab that one today, though i have a 25 dollar gamestop card to use.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lenardo said:
not one gamestop(at least 50 stores) - unless their website is busted- within 100 MILES of Boston has this game

luckily the best buys in my area- ALL of them do have it.

will nab that one today, though i have a 25 dollar gamestop card to use.
Yeah, Gamestops aren't getting theirs until Thursday apparently. At least the ones around here aren't.

Bizzyb

Banned
Did anyone else get Gypped by Amazon.com??

I ordered the game with the Wiispeak bundle but my order makes NO Mention of any such bundle.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Bizzyb said:
Did anyone else get Gypped by Amazon.com??

I ordered the game with the Wiispeak bundle but my order makes NO Mention of any such bundle.

My order doesn't either but I'm hoping it will somehow magically come with it anyway....but i have my doubts. OH WELL, I'm sure this game with be well worth the $30 even without Wii speak.

Never know though, we might get lucky. *crosses fingers*

HeySeuss

CheapChampagne said:
My order doesn't either but I'm hoping it will somehow magically come with it anyway....but i have my doubts. OH WELL, I'm sure this game with be well worth the $30 even without Wii speak.

Yeah mine doesn't say anything about the WiiSpeak deal either. I got my conformation e-mail yesterday and the estimated ship date isn't until Monday... :(

Marvie_3

Banned
CheapChampagne said:

I don't think it's even available without it.

gamingeek said:
So.... does anyone in America have this game or what? :lol

Zigg excluded.
Me. Loving it. :D

Danneee

Recieved this today and all I can say is awesome, awesome game. The controls/camera in cramped environments are not very good but few games manage to pull that off.

Question: How do you guys take pictures? Game says it's better to focus on fish and then take some shots, but I feel like it's better with free camera. Oh, and are you guys using that focus option (red square)?

My pics looks blurry, and I feel like having no chance at incoming GAf contests. :'(

Bresson

Neo Member
Haven't played the first one, thinking on picking this up to play with my daughter ..how kid friendly is this game, are the swimming controls easy to master?

I'm tired of buying Wii games supposedly targeted at 5 years old with platforming elements as hard as Mario games, this one might fit the bill.

gamingeek

Sammy Samusu said:
Question: How do you guys take pictures? Game says it's better to focus on fish and then take some shots, but I feel like it's better with free camera. Oh, and are you guys using that focus option (red square)?

My pics looks blurry, and I feel like having no chance at incoming GAf contests. :'(

Depends on whether you're free swimming or in zoom mode. In free swimming you can get better shots just using the free camera and not locking on. But you have to lock on first and then take pictures to unlock more info about some creatures, or to submit creature pics to Jean Eric.

On zoom mode its better to lock onto the first first. I use the focus mode on the furthest right.

gamingeek

Bresson said:
Haven't played the first one, thinking on picking this up to play with my daughter ..how kid friendly is this game, are the swimming controls easy to master?

I'm tired of buying Wii games supposedly targeted at 5 years old with platforming elements as hard as Mario games, this one might fit the bill.

You literally just point on the screen and your diver follows the pointer. It's not a kids game though, there are d-pad functions and options and camera controls. It's not complicated but its not some wii friendly casual fest either. The first game is probably better for someone younger as there are no air limits or danger. Its all about discovering and the experience.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Bresson said:

The swimming controls are very easy.

I've come across 5 and 6 year-olds enjoying the first game just fine, the biggest complaint was not the controls but the amount of text to be read.

Less in this one, but a bit more danger - though once you know where it is (none in the first main area) it is easily avoided, besides it gives an excuse for Dad to take over a bit and be all protective.

Top Bottom