• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you say about SEED and especially SEED Destiny but both had amazing soundtracks. Impossible to pick sole tracks as there is so much amazing stuff.

Say what you say about SEED and especially SEED Destiny but both had amazing soundtracks. Impossible to pick sole tracks as there is so much amazing stuff.
This is true, I just can't stand most of the openings to Seed and Seed Destiny. 00 season one had two great openings and then with season 2 they shit the bed.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is true, I just can't stand most of the openings to Seed and Seed Destiny. 00 season one had two great openings and then with season 2 they shit the bed.

Yeah, but the season two endings were amazing. Trust You being one of the best ones in Gundam.

Yeah, but the season two endings were amazing. Trust You being one of the best ones in Gundam.
I'll have to check that out, I usually just skip most endings and get right to the next episode. I know Victory had a pretty good ending. My ending routine goes to most animes minus the second one for Outlaw Star. Edit: Trust You isn't bad, I just like old school J Pop, it just has a certain catchy personality to it.

Ai senshi is my favorite. don't judge me.

Ai Sensei is a classic but it prefer meguriai.

My favorite gundam ops And songs.

Meguriai
Ai senshi
re:I am
Hoshi no Mizu e Ai o komete
don't stop carry on
eternal wind
beyond the time
the winner
stand up to the victory

Shout outs to rhythm emotion and flying in the sky

AGE, despite being lack luster, had some good ops too

Meguriai
Ai senshi
don't stop carry on
eternal wind
beyond the time
the winner
stand up to the victory

Forgot about Meguirai. Also like that one a lot.

TOY-GDM-2800.jpg

The Guntank design from origins is now up for preorder.

yami4ct

Making the Guntank this sort of prototype, interim step between traditional weaponry and Mobile Suits is perhaps the most brilliant change in The Origin on the technical side. It makes so much more sense than having this weird half-tank/half-robot being developed in the same project as the RX-78.

Meguriai
Ai senshi
don't stop carry on
eternal wind
beyond the time
the winner
stand up to the victory

Why do I feel like the only one that likes Men of Destiny? Rhythm Emotion will always be god damn awesome.
This is also a good one.
Itsuka Sora ni Todoite

gAGE & Build Fighters has my favorite background songs. For openings and ending gAGE got Faylan and VIVID so I automatically have to like.

SEED ops ed > destiny thus far. Nothing beats Moment and Realize.

What Gundam shows have you seen besides Unicorn?

I think there are a lot of good songs in Gundam, Reach Out to the Sky Someday is one of them.

All of UC except for F91 and Victory, and Wing back when I was a kid watching Toonami. I admit I was hyped from having just watched the episode, but I still maintain that Broken Mirror is a hell of a lot better than the generic J-Pop ED's some people are referring to.

Just finished Unicorn. It's amazing how much weight this all had to it having watched everything prior. Though obviously lengthy as hell, I'd easily recommend the entirety of the UC timeline to anyone wanting a sci-fi epic.

Also, I've been playing around with an SD Hi-Nu as sort of a learning/practice model, and I have to say, Tamiya Weathering Master is some amazing stuff. Got some really cool damage effects on the shield with just that and a nail file. Will post pictures when I'm finished and satisfied with the kit.

All of UC except for F91 and Victory, and Wing back when I was a kid watching Toonami. I admit I was hyped from having just watched the episode, but I still maintain that Broken Mirror is a hell of a lot better than the generic J-Pop ED's some people are referring to.

Just finished Unicorn. It's amazing how much weight this all had to it having watched everything prior. Though obviously lengthy as hell, I'd easily recommend the entirety of the UC timeline to anyone wanting a sci-fi epic.

Also, I've been playing around with an SD Hi-Nu as sort of a learning/practice model, and I have to say, Tamiya Weathering Master is some amazing stuff. Got some really cool damage effects on the shield with just that and a nail file. Will post pictures when I'm finished and satisfied with the kit.
Jpop is life, watch Victory.

RangerBAD

L'arc en Ciel is good. They still sound like they did in the 90s and that's good. I was hoping they would have another song in 00 Season 2, but they didn't.

gAGE & Build Fighters has my favorite background songs. For openings and ending gAGE got Faylan and VIVID so I automatically have to like.

SEED ops ed > destiny thus far. Nothing beats Moment and Realize.

Well i liked the most openings in SEEDs but there were definitely some weaker ones. Dem endings though. Also superb background tracks. Shame that they have removed most of ost from youtube. =/

L'arc en Ciel is good. They still sound like they did in the 90s and that's good. I was hoping they would have another song in 00 Season 2, but they didn't.
When I went to Japan in 2009, I made it a point to buy a cd from shibuya tower records. That cd was smile by l'arc en ciel.

I might decide to paint some gunpla in the near future. I've only painted with acrylics on miniatures. warhammer and such.

Would an airbrush be recommended, and what paint is best for gunpla?

Got my Tamiya primer and paint, finally. My Shining Gundam is going to....shine.

I might decide to paint some gunpla in the near future. I've only painted with acrylics on miniatures. warhammer and such.

Mr Color is becoming very popular. I just use acrylics like Vallejo. I paint the internals in a lacquer to prevent scratching. I would definitely suggest an airbrush but it isn't necessary But is definitely a great tool to have.

Look up some tutorials on YouTube to get an idea On what goes into it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
G Gundam has the best overall OST. Turn A is second.

Seed and Destiny however are both sneaky strong. I even like most of their pop openings and endings. 00 has that one really good opening and then a bunch of so-so bits.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Without airbrush you will go crazy on light color like white or yellow.

I agree with the Vallejo recommendation. I kind of just learn to live with the scratching on joints. Think of it as free weathering, most of them are hidden anyway.

tensuke

I've been listening to some of BACK-ON's music lately, their stuff from 2004-2006 was sooooooo good. Might just be me but there seemed to be quite a Western influence.

It had great BGMs.
I know using a symphony is an unfair advantage.
You linked to the wrong symphonic Zeta theme.

Also, has anyone gotten Origin on the Japanese store? Apparently you get a free PS4 theme (wallpaper) if you do it by March 31st. Tempted, it's only 1000 yen, but I have to bother with a vpn to buy it since it's a video. Curious if anyone knows what it looks like or if there's custom music.

2015年2月28日~3月31日の期間中、PS4にて本作HD版をご購入いただいたお客様へ、
PSStore限定のPS4専用テーマ(壁紙)プレゼントキャンペーンを実施いたします

Er...it says if you purchase the HD version, but the store only has SD? Is that right?

Jomjom

Banned

Airbrush is definitely recommended. I use Tamiya acrylics because the bottles are huge and an airbrush store near me in Anaheim, CA (Coast Airbrush) sells them for $2 or $3 a pop. Only downside is there aren't as many colors as say Gunze Sangyo. I mix my own colors anyways so it's OK.

yami4ct

Well, we got the feature sheet for the MG Double X.

What is going on with the reflector section? Is it an option part that lets you choose between gold and "activated" reflective? Is it showing a the MG X like undersheet that is being used under a gold tinted plastic instead of clear? Either way, really surprised Bandai haven't really shown that detail off.

Also, Satellite Panel extension is done in a really odd way. There's a joint that clips and unclips between the middle and bottom panels. No clue why they added that bit, as even in the original animation the middle section is only attached to the top. There's no real function to it, other than adding a bit of symmetry, so I'm surprised they aded it.

Really excited for this kit to finally hit. Still can't believe this suit is getting a MG.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well, we got the feature sheet for the MG Double X.

What is going on with the reflector section? Is it an option part that lets you choose between gold and "activated" reflective? Is it showing a the MG X like undersheet that is being used under a gold tinted plastic instead of clear? Either way, really surprised Bandai haven't really shown that detail off.

Really excited for this kit to finally hit. Still can't believe this suit is getting a MG.

The gold part is translucent and goes overtop the reflective sticker so you get the combined effect of both. At least that's what it was like on the X MG.

yami4ct

The gold part is translucent and goes overtop the reflective sticker so you get the combined effect of both. At least that's what it was like on the X MG.

That was my initial thought, but the gold part seems to be really thin in that photo. Thinner than the clear plastic used on the MG X. Could just be a perception issue. If the Double X does have the rainbow effect under the gold, the convention photos so far haven't shown it, so I'm excited to see it in person.

Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Episode 18
B_Xs5icWwAEQpdv.png:large

Hands down best Gundam Seed Destiny episode. The way Athrun has to deal with Shinn is hilarious, from playing along with him at the start of the mission and then revealing that he does believe in him to their random momentary arguing over the data, and then Shinn being obsessed with him during the mission, and their happy post battle make up discussion it was just too good. Topped with finally a really happy looking Shinn, I cant think of anything else that has been this good this season on this end of the spectrum. Battle wasnt that bad either

Acid08

Banned
Picked up the RG Wing Zero, my first RG kit. Excited for it to arrive, should be an interesting build. Will need to get a stand for it too.

wat. Dude, Uverworld opening is awesome, what are you talking about

People get too caught up on S2's shitty plot and hate on the openings when they're amazing, lol.
That's actually the only one I like thanks for the reminder. I just don't like the second one I'm just not too keen on the vocals on that one. 3 out of 4 openings isn't bad then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom