• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

G Reco is truly amazing.

The 7 factions, the Kuntala subplot, Perfect Pack's prototype Gekko Cho, Bellri's character development as a Newtype.

It's genius hidden under the amateur cuts, humor, and awkward dialogue that's meant to throw you off.

We're gonna see a ton of deaths in the next couple episodes.

There is so much left to resolve too. This is definitely getting another season.

Wubby

Mack Knife is really tiny...

jb15XJ0mEtjT6C.jpg

Enron

Banned
G Reco is truly amazing.

The 7 factions, the Kuntala subplot, Perfect Pack's prototype Gekko Cho, Bellri's character development as a Newtype.

It's genius hidden under the amateur cuts, humor, and awkward dialogue that's meant to throw you off.

There is so much left to resolve too. This is definitely getting another season.

It sounds like a grand Tomino grade-A mess. I sort of petered out of care for G-Reco at ep 12. Maybe ill finish it one of these days.

Enron

Banned
How much does it run for? I can zoom enough to see the price?

From what I remember, it ain't cheap. At least 200 bucks i think. Probably more.

I realize that its a tour bag but man. My Ping stand bag is super-nice, and that was just barely over 100 and is far more useful. Just not CHAR

Edit: HOLY SHIT. Going for like 800-1000 on ebay

From what I remember, it ain't cheap. At least 200 bucks i think. Probably more.

I realize that its a tour bag but man. My Ping stand bag is super-nice, and that was just barely over 100 and is far more useful. Just not CHAR

Edit: HOLY SHIT. Going for like 800-1000 on ebay
I guess anything related is 3x more expensive as well.

RangerBAD

G Reco is truly amazing.

There won't be an unusual amount of deaths and it will end.

Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 2

Much more interesting than the first episode. Loved the fireworks and their little rescue to escape mission (though a few of the characters are annoying, like the one girl rescued)
why weep when he was firing at you to be killed along with the lead character, if he had stopped shooting then he wouldnt have died

G-Self is not a good design, dont like how rounded some of the parts are (the things around the knees for example, and the head), and also it has no ornately designed wings, bits, or multiple beam swords. Its like a step backwards to how lacking the Gundam Origin gundam design is :(

Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 2

Much more interesting than the first episode. Loved the fireworks and their little rescue to escape mission (though a few of the characters are annoying, like the one girl rescued)
why weep when he was firing at you to be killed along with the lead character, if he had stopped shooting then he wouldnt have died

G-Self is not a good design, dont like how rounded some of the parts are (the things around the knees for example, and the head), and also it has no ornately designed wings, bits, or multiple beam swords. Its like a step backwards to how lacking the Gundam Origin gundam design is :(
Judging from this post you have no love for the Nu Gundam or Zeta Gundam.

Currently watching The Origin 1, this shit is fucking awesome!! Kycilia has one evil ass haircut, even her horse looks evil. I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why I've never seen Sasro Zabi in the anime. Yep and just had my Sasro question answered...holy fucking shit. God in heaven Hamon is fucking gorgeous.

NEO0MJ

Wha~? G-Self is the most well designed protag gundam we've had since the Turn A.

yami4ct

G Reco is truly amazing.

It's typical Tomino. He has ideas that are amazing, but he can't fully execute on them. That's why it took The Origin to turn the original Gundam into what it should have always been. I also think some of G-Reco's problems stem from what seems to be a really odd translation, but I certainly can't blame a majority of them on that.

Wha~? G-Self is the most well designed protag gundam we've had since the Turn A.

I love that Turn A is now accepted as a great design. There was a time when it was universally hated. Such a cool suit. I also agree that G-Reco is great.

NEO0MJ

I love that Turn A is now accepted as a great design. There was a time when it was universally hated. Such a cool suit. I also agree that G-Reco is great.

Probably because it was so strange coming from Wing (no one actually watched X). Plus, it was designed by an baka-gaijin.

G-Self is pretty baller though. Love the HG kit and hope they decide to release the Torque Pack sometime down the line. It's so beast.

I'm waiting for an MG with the space backpack. The old wings were too boring.

The Turn A is the last mech design in that show that people should be complaining about. It's a very unique looking suit, but it's not jarring looking at all.

You see there is this thing that human beings experience. It's called emotions, based on chemical reactions in the brain and it can be triggered by any number of things. Point is, if the "emotion" is powerful enough that particular human being will not behave in a rational manner. It's a pretty important concept for understanding why human beings act the way they do.

I used to not like the Turn A when I was a little babby. I still don't like the dumb mustache but everything else about it is great.
The mustache is iconic. In the show it might as well b called the "mustache Gundam" since it's rarely ever called the Turn A Gundam, it's just "the Mustache." It's one of those suits I got really used to over the years before I even saw the show so I didn't even bat an eyelash when I saw it on the show. Now the other mobile suits on the show are a completely different story.

The mustache is iconic. In the show it might as well b called the "mustache Gundam" since it's rarely ever called the Turn A Gundam, it's just "the Mustache." It's one of those suits I got really used to over the years before I even saw the show so I didn't even bat an eyelash when I saw it on the show. Now the other mobile suits on the show are a completely different story.

Just because something is iconic doesn't make it not dumb to me. Again that's the only thing I don't like about the suit.

Just because something is iconic doesn't make it not dumb to me. Again that's the only thing I don't like about the suit.
Oh don't worry I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty sure the fan base was initially weirded out by a Gundam with a handlebar mustache and might have been a reason why it took my like 5 years to actually sit down and watch the show, but I got used to it and became intrigued by others talking about the show so I finally gave it a shot, great show, weird mobile suit design though. Those WaDoms? WaD the fuck?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides one special exception only morons in the Turn A universe don't realize the difference between Loran and his alter ego. He does look very nice in a dress.

I always like to see new takes on the OG Gundam (AGE1, 0 Gundam, etc.). Just give me a simple suit without tons of gimmicks.

Not my favorite, but this one is really out there...
File:The_gundam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom