• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. L.

survivor said:
Should I be watching Z Gundam if I never watched the original one? I watched the first 10 minutes of that episode and I seem lost.

Crunchyroll has original Gundam so should I watch that first?
while it is not necessary it adds backstory to the Characters and what is happening in Zeta especially in regards to Quattro
Char lol
and Amuro.
Also it is kinda important if you want to watch Chars Counterattack after Zeta.

But I'd watch the movie compilation of the original Gundam instead of the episodes.

Blader

survivor said:
Should I be watching Z Gundam if I never watched the original one? I watched the first 10 minutes of that episode and I seem lost.

Crunchyroll has original Gundam so should I watch that first?

You should definitely watch the original. Zeta is a sequel to the original and I can't imagine it makes much sense without having seen the first series, especially if you're already lost :lol

plus, the original is better than Zeta anyway. =P

survivor

Banned
Ok thanks guys.

I already watched first episode and watching the second one currently. Time investment shouldn't be a problem since I have a lot of free time recently though I will get around to watch the movie as well.

TreIII

S. L. said:
is it good? i wanna wait for the whole thing :D

Yeah, it is. ^_^

I suppose the only thing is that, from what I saw, it's almost as if they assumed you read the novel in some places. Still looks quite good, though. :D

All I need, at this point, is for the new "Gundam vs." Arcade game being revealed next week to a) be focused on Unicorn and b) be on Namco's System 357 (PS3-based hardware).

Unicorn deserves, it in my opinion. And I'm hoping Bamco sees a good marketing opportunity, too...

Apharmd

Unicorn is utterly, utterly fantastic. And I'm glad Zabanya got a makeover, the whole design in general is far more palatable to me as opposed to the previous simple Cherudim revision.

Just watched the psn version. what a godamn cocktease that ended with. overall animation wise this is the best ive seen gundam animated. the budget for this is prolly more than that of seed, destiny, and both 00 seasons combined! the detail, the mecha pron, and the beastly katashirya. scamco bamdai and sunrise, whares mah ep 2 now? definately picking up the bd down the line.

Mumei

Vox-Pop said:
The Nu Gundam was so hax. Poor Char never had a chance.

They only appeared in one of the novels, but I love the designs of the upgraded versions that they piloted - Nightingale and Hi Nu.

MSN-04-2.Sh.GIF

Rx-93-v-2.jpg

Blader

00 Movie Trailer

The dialogue has very little to do with what's shown though. :lol Here's a translation:

Silver-haired Innovade: “I’m going. Don’t you want to know the true strength of an Innovator? Of course, [I'll show/tell/whatever] you as you please.”
???: “Veda accumulated data on the world through the Innovades. We are supervising and controlling them.”
???: “Commence particle missile attack upon reaching the [designated] point as per Plan D34.”
Lyle: “You’re slow. Even though you’re an Innovator.”
Marina: “I want to deepen our understanding of each other and search for the best path. Not by opposing each other, but through talking and understanding.”
Allelujah: “It’s alright. Swinging by from time to time isn’t bad.”
Nena-clone: “The Federation Government’s secret data: it’s data on the citizens who have strong QBW and the factor to become Innovators.”
Setsuna: “Ribbons Almark!?”
Allelujah: “They’re targeting Marie! Why?”
Billy?: “Diet member Graado, make a proposition to the congress that they be forced into a QBW isolation institution.”
Sumeragi: “Tell him how you feel. Yeah, that’s necessary to understanding each other.”

Setsuna: “I don’t get it, I really don’t get it.”
Lyle: “Sorry, your fun holiday is over.”
Nena-clone: “I wonder if you’ve read the materials I sent you? Mister Innovator.”
Sumeragi: “These are the dialogues to come…”
Setsuna: [screaming]
Lyle: Setsuna!
Hallelujah: “What are you doing!?”
Tieria: “We Innovedo have decided to walk alongside humanity. For that purpose!”
Graham: “I couldn’t wait any longer, BOY!”
Setsuna: “Roger. 00 Qan[T], Setsuna F Seiei, heading out!”
Setsuna: [screaming]

Mumei said:
They only appeared in one of the novels, but I love the designs of the upgraded versions that they piloted - Nightingale and Hi Nu.

Rx-93-v-2.jpg

not a fan of nightingale (even though Sazabi is one of my favorite designs) but Hi Nu has always been one of my favorites.

Dead

well not really...yet
I think I'd rather have my nut sack crushed than ever have to endure more 00.

Can't wait to watch Unicorn to wash out that shit stain

Unicorn ep. 1 = bliss.

Loved the Stark Jegan, ReZels and Loto putting up decent fights against a god machine.

Best non-mecha moment: Putting the sunglasses back on. A nice touch :lol.

Blader

hockeypuck said:
Unicorn ep. 1 = bliss.

Loved the Stark Jegan, ReZels and Loto putting up decent fights against a god machine.

Best non-mecha moment: Putting the sunglasses back on. A nice touch :lol.

Best non-mecha moment for me:
the teacher sacrificing himself to close the bunker door. =(

Can't believe episode 2 won't be out until the fall. =\

Dead

well not really...yet
The original Wing Gundam is finally getting a Master Grade kit

don't remember what the policy on scans are in the OT forum...

SleazyC

First episode was wow. Just pre-ordered the Bluray on Amazon, which is getting a simultaneous world-wide release on March 12th. $34 is a bit steep for a single episode but the animation was jaw dropping and I'll pony up for that.

Anyone have a schedule for the airing of the 5 next episodes?

Blader

Tomino wrote up so much crazy shit that Turn A can do, it's too bad you only see a fraction of that in the series.

zoku88

_dementia said:
lol wat

turn a gundam is probably the only anime series i would ever admit to watching in public
Really? I thought the whole thing was mostly silly.

And the crap near the end? Meh :-/

Dead

well not really...yet
Turn A is easily the best Gundam and Tomino's best series imo. Wonderful characters, great designs and world.

7Th

Unicorn had some pretty awesome animation, specially considering Sunrise doesn't really like spending money making Gundam look good. :lol

Dead said:
Turn A is easily the best Gundam and Tomino's best series imo. Wonderful characters, great designs and world.

True fact.

Jex

Great first episode, sweet music, some very nice animation and invetiable ending which is understandable from a business stand point.

Xater

I can agree tha tthe first episode of Unicorn was indeed awesome! I'm so happy right now. :D

I hope the US Blu-ray will be code-free, or has anyone heard something of a release in Europe?

S. L.

Xater said:
I can agree tha tthe first episode of Unicorn was indeed awesome! I'm so happy right now. :D

I hope the US Blu-ray will be code-free, or has anyone heard something of a release in Europe?
amazon.com says all region... so i am hopefull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom