• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
S. L. said:
It was Char hilself who leaked the Psychoframe system to Anaheim to allow for the Nu Gundam to be built...

the UC montage at the beginning is pretty cool
Why did Char do this, was he looking for one last fight? Revenge? I haven't seen the movie in years.

xero273

Vox-Pop said:
Why did Char do this, was he looking for one last fight? Revenge? I haven't seen the movie in years.

not sure if wiki is correct, but it says char wanted a fair fight with Amuro.

S. L.

Vox-Pop said:
I remember reading it somewhere, I don't think it is mentioned in the movie. As for why he did it, who knows... i guess he wanted to settle the score (Lalah!) with Amuro on equal footing... or something along those lines

Blader

S. L. said:
I remember reading it somewhere, I don't think it is mentioned in the movie. As for why he did it, who knows... i guess he wanted to settle the score with Amuro on equal footing... or something along those lines

It is. Towards the end of the movie, Char says something like "if I feared for my life, I wouldn't given you the psycoframe in the first place."

And yeah, he did it so his last fight with Amuro would be a fair one.

Bandai Entertainment (USA) sent out their March release schedule today... no mention of Gundam Unicorn. Way to go on that whole "worldwide release" bullshit.

Do I preorder it from Amazon Japan or just wait three weeks and pick it up on vacation in Japan? Hmmm....

xero273

distantmantra said:
Bandai Entertainment (USA) sent out their March release schedule today... no mention of Gundam Unicorn. Way to go on that whole "worldwide release" bullshit.

Do I preorder it from Amazon Japan or just wait three weeks and pick it up on vacation in Japan? Hmmm....

this sucks...

So remember that 1/1 Gundam statue that was taken down in September. It will be back this summer again. This time it will be in Shizuoka.

http://kotaku.com/5432796/the-giant-11-scale-gundam-statue-returns

zoku88

Blader5489 said:
I'll be really disappointed if Michael Kopsa doesn't get to voice Full Frontal.

Also, this will be Steve Staley's third time playing a Gundam protagonist :lol
I wouldn't want that to happen. I'd be thinking of Char the whole time :-/

61LCiDFex-L._500_.jpg

Cover art is out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
B.K. said:
Amazon is taking prorders for the Unicorn Vol. 1 Blu-Ray. It's going to be an Amazon exclusive for two months. It costs $50 for one episode.

Fuck Bandai, fuck Ba...

B.K. said:
They're also going to stream the dubbed versions of Mobile Suit Gundam, Z Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed: Destiny, and Gundam 00 for free.

Fuck, Bandai! Bandai!

Blader

B.K. said:
Amazon is taking prorders for the Unicorn Vol. 1 Blu-Ray. It's going to be an Amazon exclusive for two months. It costs $50 for one episode.

:lol Are they out of their minds?

B.K.

Blader5489 said:
:lol Are they out of their minds?

Probably. They're releasing it under the Honneamise label. EVERYTHING they put out under that label is ridiculously expensive.

ninj4junpei said:
Curses, it's exclusive. So much for being able to use Blockbuster. :\

Just for two months though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
B.K. said:
I just checked Amazon. The retail price is $50, but they have it marked down to $35.

Bandai's prices have always been ass.

When I reviewed DVD's, the Gundam volumes were coming just just under £20 for four, maybe five episodes.

Considering a Gundam season is 50+ episodes, that was fucking shite.

Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, individual volumes, full seasons :£500+

:lol

Unicorn won't be anywhere near 50 episodes, it's UC so it's already better than any modern Gundam series, but still, too expensive, even at $35 for one episode.

Unless the episode is a few hours long... =P

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
B.K. said:
They're also going to stream the dubbed versions of Mobile Suit Gundam, Z Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed: Destiny, and Gundam 00 for free.

Damn, is there no english dub for double zeta? I would rather watch that than 4 shows on that list

Blader

Parallax said:
Damn, is there no english dub for double zeta? I would rather watch that than 4 shows on that list

Trust me, you really really don't. :lol

okay, it's better than the SEEDs.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Blader5489 said:
Trust me, you really really don't. :lol

okay, it's better than the SEEDs.
Judau isn't a bad protagonist, and i would much rather deal with a lead that isn't a whiny/emo mess

As I predicted earlier on and confirmed, this is a Bandai Visual Japan release. Bandai Ent in the US is merely handling distribution for them. "Bandai Entertainment Inc. distributes this Blu-ray product for Bandai Visual Japan"

This is why it's so expensive, they want to keep the pricing in line with the Japanese release. I knew this was probably going to happen with the idea of an international release.

BattleMonkey said:
As I predicted earlier on and confirmed, this is a Bandai Visual Japan release. Bandai Ent in the US is merely handling distribution for them. "Bandai Entertainment Inc. distributes this Blu-ray product for Bandai Visual Japan"

This is why it's so expensive, they want to keep the pricing in line with the Japanese release. I knew this was probably going to happen with the idea of an international release.

I don't mind dropping ~$210 on this sucker. And with the current exchange rate, it's still cheaper than the Japanese version.

hteng

Banned
wow finally some new footage, looks pretty promising

you know, when i look back at the UC era, there seems to be alot of wars and battle, from 0079 to 0096, not even 20 years apart, theres been like 4 - 5 major wars.

hteng said:
wow finally some new footage, looks pretty promising

you know, when i look back at the UC era, there seems to be alot of wars and battle, from 0079 to 0096, not even 20 years apart, theres been like 4 - 5 major wars.

Not really major wars, outside of the One Year War, the only other really major war was when the Zanscare Empire attacked and eventually invaded Earth. The wars presented in Zeta, ZZ, CCA, etc have all been pretty small in comparison and somewhat self contained incidents for the most part. Though atrocities did happen such as colony drops or nukes, it was alot of guerrilla actions and more secluded conflicts.

survivor

Banned
Should I be watching Z Gundam if I never watched the original one? I watched the first 10 minutes of that episode and I seem lost.

Crunchyroll has original Gundam so should I watch that first?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
survivor said:
Should I be watching Z Gundam if I never watched the original one? I watched the first 10 minutes of that episode and I seem lost.

Crunchyroll has original Gundam so should I watch that first?
Just watch the original gundam movies instead. (they shouldn't be to much of a investment on your time) Then watch zeta gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom