• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hteng

Banned
Aegus said:
This thread reminds me that they need to do a proper release of Five Star Stories in english that a) Isn't rare and b) Isn't 26 volumes compared to the JP 12 volumes.

Also an anime adaption.

mamoru nagano is very stubborn, he wants to do everything himself but never gets anything done. He hasn't produce anything for the last 2 or 3 years, cept FSS vol 12

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Kagari said:
Noooo just let it die.
I'd say the same, but the finale of S2 was entertaining as hell. I hope the movie will provide that same level of entertainment and more.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
?? New UC series? Thats crazy awesome! Its about time! I thought last month when I started re-watching 0079 that it was a random decision to watch the UC series over again but it musta been intuition instead! Since Bandai hates me what're my options for seeing ZZ & V subbed?

Blader

Kagari said:
GRAHAM WAS ROBBED!

Another consequence of executive meddling. When Sunrise said they wanted a movie, Kuroda had to rewrite parts of S2 (Graham's role, some character deaths, etc) to make it less conclusive. Luckily, Graham is supposed to play a major role in the movie. :D

Incidentally, a shitload of pics from the 00 Special Edition are coming in now. Images of the new Gundams and grunt suits from the movie, as well as proof of Mizushima backing up his word to reveal the nature of Alejandro and Ribbons' relationship in the first season (and it's exactly what you think it is :lol). You can see em all here.

hteng

Banned
i dont know why, i just can't get into any of the newer gundams since Wing, the angsty teen thing is overdone and gets really annoying at some point.

Turn A was alright only because it had a very good soundtrack ie: memory of military boots, moon cocoon..etc

G gundam was mindless but was a super robot show at heart, thank god for the finale.

08 MS team is more grounded to reality, which is great actually.

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
Another consequence of executive meddling. When Sunrise said they wanted a movie, Kuroda had to rewrite parts of S2 (Graham's role, some character deaths, etc) to make it less conclusive. Luckily, Graham is supposed to play a major role in the movie. :D

Incidentally, a shitload of pics from the 00 Special Edition are coming in now. Images of the new Gundams and grunt suits from the movie, as well as proof of Mizushima backing up his word to reveal the nature of Alejandro and Ribbons' relationship in the first season (and it's exactly what you think it is :lol). You can see em all here.
Tierias new suit is awesome

Ugh, I've bought so many SD Gunpla since I came back from England. This is around two weeks worth of what I've bought with Neue Ziel and GP03A Orchis on the way.

2009octpickup37.jpg

Aside from the Destiny ones I kitbashed with my Sackboy models, I've only completed these so far.

gundamsackboy08.jpg

I've definitely grown fond of the SD line. :lol Still looking forward to PG 00 Raiser. Shit looks insane.

Zaptruder

Banned
donkey show said:
Ugh, I've bought so many SD Gunpla since I came back from England. This is around two weeks worth of what I've bought with Neue Ziel and GP03A Orchis on the way.

2009octpickup37.jpg

Aside from the Destiny ones I kitbashed with my Sackboy models, I've only completed these so far.

gundamsackboy08.jpg

I've definitely grown fond of the SD line. :lol Still looking forward to PG 00 Raiser. Shit looks insane.

They're so cheap, cute, fun to build, and articulated... it's hard for any geek to not just fall in love with them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blader5489 said:

You'd better be right!

Zaptruder said:
They're so cheap, cute, fun to build, and articulated... it's hard for any geek to not just fall in love with them.
You're so right. I just got this in the mail today, too.

2009octpickup44.jpg

Neue Ziel, GPO3D, and another Devil Gundam... :lol :lol :lol

Blader5489 said:

?! Wow and all those jokes I said came through...

S. L.

uh, finally finished my Nu Gundam

pict52986jf5.jpg
pict5291t76s.jpg

pict5301ympu.jpg
pict53039wqm.jpg

not even sure why i bought it, not particulary fond of the design and HGUC kits are so tiny. But I needed space on my hobbydesk for the incoming Sinanju hotness :D :D

Blader

I really think this is going to be a treat for UC fans. I haven't read too much into the story (obviously not going to spoil it for myself) but it seems like there's a lot of cool fanservice elements for the long-time fans.

I wonder if the anime will explain how in Unicorn mode the suit can target without its main camera and with most of its secondary eye cameras covered. Everything through the rearward camera! :lol

The Master Grade model doesn't even have the head vulcans molded in!

hockeypuck said:
I wonder if the anime will explain how in Unicorn mode the suit can target without its main camera and with most of its secondary eye cameras covered. Everything through the rearward camera! :lol

The Master Grade model doesn't even have the head vulcans molded in!

You put too much thought into it.

Blader

The end of 00 Special Edition I showed off design sketches for some other new suits set to appear in the movie.

GN-X IV
Ekisubo (a mass-produced GN Flag)
Dynames Condenser Repair Type

There's also a snippet there that mentions a custom Setsuna Flag, but no pic as far as I can tell.

Can't complain about more Flag love. :D One of my favorite grunt designs.

zoku88

I really wish they would get rid of the masked man archetype. It's starting to look kinda silly.

Well, a while ago.

KingDirk

zoku88 said:
What's Iron Mask from?

Is Harry from Turn A or something?

Harry is from Turn A, he's great, I'm pretty sure the sunglasses/mask combo is just a fashion. Not far enough in to know for sure. Also, man do I love Schwarz.

hteng

Banned
the new mask guy from Unicorn is fuck ugly. and his name "Full frontal", sounds kinda gay? urg.. and yea, they need to get rid of the masked villians, it gets rather silly. Especially Turn A's, wtf are those glasses or something? Quatro (Char) is the most normal mask guy from the bunch

zoku88

So, I decided to watch Turn A. OMG, I can't believe this is a Tomino series. Totally not what I was expecting. And not in a good way :-/

Maybe I should stick to the stories he makes when he is depressed.

Blader

donkey show said:
http://i47.tinypic.com/4t3nup.png

00 Gundam after Season II, the 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G.

Yeah I saw that earlier myself. Contrary to what that pic shows, it only uses one GN drive since the other blew up at the end of the series. I guess it's supposed to be a prototype for 00 Qan[T].

zoku88 said:
So, I decided to watch Turn A. OMG, I can't believe this is a Tomino series. Totally not what I was expecting. And not in a good way :-/

Maybe I should stick to the stories he makes when he is depressed.

I wish we actually got to see the Turn A at full power...I read a list of the shit that thing can do, it's so fucking ridiculous :lol

Blader5489 said:
Yeah I saw that earlier myself. Contrary to what that pic shows, it only uses one GN drive since the other blew up at the end of the series. I guess it's supposed to be a prototype for 00 Qan[T].
That's what I was figuring in regards to being a prototype. Hopefully we'll see this 00 version in action in the movie.

MCD

donkey show said:
K, Gaf. I'm about to pull the trigger on the PG 00 Raiser... yay or nay?
more 00 is always good. :smug

if you have the money and time i say why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom