• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

LukeSmith said:
Sunday at Noon. Daily Content on Bnet between now and launch including Matchmaking Playlist reveals (maybe Tyson will write something on them, I gotta ask him tomorrowz), Networking, Saved Films, Guide and Tour of Bungie.net, more Forge, First Ever Halo 3 Humpday on brand new Forged Gametypes with films of Rocket Race, new 2 hour podcast with Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell and Chris Gossett talking about the new Bnet, the next Blomkamp and finally, a long awaited pre-launch surprise.

I dunno, seems like a decent amount of stuff to help you pass the time.
Marty in his boxers?

DrBo42

ferrex said:
This thread is a bumpy ride.

An observation for you guys to chew on: the spoilers being circulated now are starting to feed on themselves, and I've been seeing some misinformation and inaccuracies being circulated as canon by chumps too caught up in the act of massive spoilage to fact check. They just regurgitate what they read and clap like seals when you guys freak.

Things are wound up now to the point where you could say "and at the end, Marcus Fenix appears in a cameo role... and DIES!", and people would take it as gospel. They are, in fact, already adopting the shotgun approach with the "X DIES!" meme.

Based on the material I know to be out there (and I've been watching plenty of forums, the overwhelming majority of which are vastly filthier than this thread), I don't think anybody here is ruined. In fact, some of you who think you're irrevocably spoiled are in fact not. You're being lied to and this isn't even occuring to some of you.

And no, I'm not going to clarify which "spoilers" are inaccurate, heh. That'd be stupid.

At this point, you should be careful, be skeptical, and relax.

(DON'T BELIEVE? Heh.)

If your name isn't Ferrex, don't even dare read this:

Are you trying to tell me that
Master Chief and Cortana blowing up Halo and sacrificing their lives, Arbiter speaking at the memorial ceremony, and MC actually being alive in another dimension and then entering a cryo tube
is not the ending?

Smokey

Wow I'm glad I kept out of this thread. On this last page alone there were so many warning!, and spoilers!, and fake GT spoilers!

Jesus :(

Back to internet blackout I go for the next 7 days.

GhaleonEB

thatbox said:
Of all people, I can't believe you were scrolling through posts looking for bannable offenses in a Halo 3 thread!
I knew from his post history here that it would be fine. Others, I'm not so sure about.

*shifts eyes*

Piper Az

FIREBABY said:
I just saw this dude at Wal-mart, in the parking lot, with a box full. And no he didnt' work there. He was going to sell me one for $40. After quick debating I decided to pass. No way in hell I'm going to jail with some crackhead. Damn was it hard for me. They also had the same orange sticker on them. Didn't know thats what it said though. When he left me I saw him leave with 2 other guys, I assume was going to buy them from him(or rob his dumb ass). Seconds later I see the police pull up. I'll just wait until the 24th.

some poor (& uninformed) souls who buy one and get on Live will get the ban hammer!

FIREBABY said:
I just saw this dude at Wal-mart, in the parking lot, with a box full. And no he didnt' work there. He was going to sell me one for $40. After quick debating I decided to pass. No way in hell I'm going to jail with some crackhead. Damn was it hard for me. They also had the same orange sticker on them. Didn't know thats what it said though. When he left me I saw him leave with 2 other guys, I assume was going to buy them from him(or rob his dumb ass). Seconds later I see the police pull up. I'll just wait until the 24th.
Or youre lying, or youre an Idiot. Youre not going to jail for buying a game before release. Damn Dude you shouldve bought 10 and you wouldve made more than $2,000. If youre not lying that is

Doodlebug

LukeSmith said:
Sunday at Noon. Daily Content on Bnet between now and launch including Matchmaking Playlist reveals (maybe Tyson will write something on them, I gotta ask him tomorrowz), Networking, Saved Films, Guide and Tour of Bungie.net, more Forge, First Ever Halo 3 Humpday on brand new Forged Gametypes with films of Rocket Race, new 2 hour podcast with Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell and Chris Gossett talking about the new Bnet, the next Blomkamp and finally, a long awaited pre-launch surprise.

Hott damn.

It was worth coming out of hiding just to say that. Hai guys. Scary stuff's been goin' down, huh.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Doodlebug said:
Hott damn.

It was worth coming out of hiding just to say that. Hai guys. Scary stuff's been goin' down, huh.

Hold us ? :(

Yeah, a bunch of us were taken straight to hell. We stuck it out together in that hell hole.

ferrex stretched out his god ray hand and pulled us out. He gave us hope.

SPOILERS DUR

DrBo42 said:
If your name isn't Ferrex, don't even dare read this:

Are you trying to tell me that
Master Chief and Cortana blowing up Halo and sacrificing their lives, Arbiter speaking at the memorial ceremony, and MC actually being alive in another dimension and then entering a cryo tube
is not the ending?

I didn't see the part with
MC in the cryotube. Is there a link you could PM me or post to that video? Thank you so much.

Piper Az

SixStringPsycho said:
True, now if you downloaded the game, that will get you a ban till the year 2999

so the reported LIVE ban only applies to beta & other non-retail versions? consider myself uninformed then! :lol

FIREBABY

SixStringPsycho said:
Or youre lying, or youre an Idiot. Youre not going to jail for buying a game before release. Damn Dude you shouldve bought 10 and you wouldve made more than $2,000. If youre not lying that is
No, I'm not lying this happened about 40 minutes ago now. And yes you do go to jail for shit that was stolen out of a store. Maybe you missed the part about the police pulling up seconds later. And believe me I was thinking the same thing, but going to jail for a game just aint worth it.

_dd_

A little birdie has told me that Halo 3 will be on the interwebs by tomorrow. Hopefully the world has matured since the Halo 2 launch.

voltron

LukeSmith said:

nice.

Toothpick

I remember a couple days before Halo 2 launched, some guy at my school was selling copies of it for $35..

I'm carrying extra money to school now just in case:lol

giga

"I have defied gods and demons."
"I am your shield; I am your sword."
"I know you; your past, your future"
"This is the way the world ends."

Still gives me chills.

giga said:
"I have defied gods and demons."
"I am your shield; I am your sword."
"I know you; your past, your future"
"This is the way the world ends."

Still gives me chills.

Yea, that trailer is just so fucking awesome.

Also like this Prophet Line from the E3 07 trailer:

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what? That you might escape the coming fire? Your world will burn until it's surface is but glass. "

I'm back.

I made a little comment about PS3 games when talking about SDF and got hammered. I wasn't really even trying to troll.

I was pretty bummed out, but then decided to check GAF one more time, and un-banned.

Thanks, guys.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
MaizeRage25 said:
I'm back.

I made a little comment about PS3 games when talking about SDF and got hammered. I wasn't really even trying to troll.

I was pretty bummed out, but then decided to check GAF one more time, and viola un-banned.

Thanks, guys.

The Halo GAF community leaves no one behind.

But The Great Journey awaits for no one. Not even you.

Toothpick

cartoon_soldier said:

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what? That you might escape the coming fire? Your world will burn until it's surface is but glass. "
Flashback:

"All those who said this day would never come..

What are they to say now?"

cartoon_soldier said:

This gives more chills, than Gravemind speaking through Cortana

Flock

Buttonbasher said:
medium_1405263596_ca82367200_o.jpg

medium_1404380997_6be54025b3_o.jpg

medium_1405263870_b9fa299549_o.jpg

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/halo-3-shipment-in-the-flesh-301230.php

That gives me butterflies.

I just got a little angry about the whole spoiler-in-a-friend-invite thing.

Whoever got my un-banned (I assume this is how it happened), thanks.

Doodlebug

JdFoX187 said:
It's always been a work of art. Any Halo thread is a work of art.

I think he was trolling. He's delusional, bearing the jaded notion that some force is capable of overthrowing the Halo collective. (i.e OT derail)

Or perhaps he genuinely likes the thread -- with such a lack of sleep, it's difficult to say.

Time for bed.

Edit: Wb, Maize.

MaizeRage25 said:
I just got a little angry about the whole spoiler-in-a-friend-invite thing.

Whoever got my un-banned (I assume this is how it happened), thanks.
Anyone tell me more about this, since I havent logged on Live since Sunday

Mooreberg

_dd_ said:
A little birdie has told me that Halo 3 will be on the interwebs by tomorrow. Hopefully the world has matured since the Halo 2 launch.

There's been some heinous spoilers floating around already, hopefully they stay out of this thread.

SixStringPsycho said:
Anyone tell me more about this, since I havent logged on Live since Sunday

Someone sent a bunch of gaffers a friend's invite. Sounds okay, right? Well, this guy decides that he's going to send these invites from a new gamertag that he's made and the new gamertag is a spoiler from the ending of the game.

A bunch of GAFers were hit.

Toothpick said:
Flashback:

"All those who said this day would never come..

What are they to say now?"

Which remins me:

"Cortana: I know what you're thinking, and it's crazy.
Master Chief: So...stay here.
Cortana: Unfortunately for us both...I like crazy."

"Cortana: Just one question: what if you miss?
Master Chief: I won't. "

"Cortana: The message just repeats. Regret, regret, regret.
Miranda Keyes: Catchy. Any idea what it means?
Sergeant Johnson: Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! "

"Cortana: Thanks for the tank. He [Master Chief] never gets me anything.
[Sergeant Johnson boards the Pelican and cocks the gun turret]
Sergeant Johnson: Oh, I know what the ladies like!"

Going further back

"Cortana: This thing [a Banshee] is falling apart!
Master Chief: It'll hold.
Cortana: We're not going to make it!
Master Chief: We'll make it.
Cortana: Pull up! Pull up!
[Banshee crashes into the wreck of Pillar of Autumn and The Master Chief comes out intact]
Cortana: You did that on purpose, didn't you? "

Oh man can't wait.

MaizeRage25 said:
Someone sent a bunch of gaffers a friend's invite. Sounds okay, right? Well, this guy decides that he's going to send these invites from a new gamertag that he's made and the new gamertag is a spoiler from the ending of the game.

A bunch of GAFers were hit.
Haha, Funny. Yet Stupid.

Wollan

I always though Halo used a propierity physics system but I see Havok stamped on the box there. Recent addition or have I been wrong all along?

traveler

Not Wario
Wollan said:
I always though Halo used a propierity physics system but I see Havok stamped on the box there. Recent addition or have I been wrong all along?

I'm pretty sure 2 used as well, if not both 1 and 2.

MaizeRage25 said:
Many of us are not laughing.
I do understand you and know how you feel. Hell, when Wind Waker was spoiled for me I was mad as hell. Im not laughing at you guys, just at how that guy came up with that idea and how (if the spoiler was true) M$ could trace the Xbox it was created from and ban it.

Exarchos said:
I think he's referring to Blomkamp's "Combat Part 2" (the third short)...from what we've heard about it so far, my guess is that its going to have some Chief action in it - or at least an appearance.

Never-the-less, I remain stoked for all of this pre-launch content. Very awesome stuff. Can't wait to see the new B.net in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom