• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

t4ng0

Insaniac said:
Funnest thing to do on Tsavo Highway?

This:

jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg
quoted for awesomeness - i need to try this.

Insaniac

Digital Limit said:
Whoa, how'd you get so many Fuel Rod Cannons? Hacks, or just being meticulous?

On tsavo highway you can find 4 or 5 fuel rod cannons through out the second rally point (starting just before the big brute fight)

You just have to be careful not to pick them up as extra ammo

Deputy Moonman said:
ROFL!! I just downloaded it and finished watching. I bet the other team was pissed! The second person you killed was sooo close, well... most of them were. Nice work. I'll probably watch some more later today. I haven't gone to sleep yet and really need to crash.

It was one of those moments where the stars aligned to let me feel like a hero. My heart was in my mouth the whole time though lol. It must have been fate. How many times are you cornered by a Ghost and stumble across the rockets? Yeah, I was that lucky!! INeed to get back into downloading cool clips.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So do we have any word yet on whether or not Bungie's working on fixing the "ghost reload" glitch (I think that's what folks are calling it)?

It's really frustrating, especially when it gets you killed.

My file share, slot six.

bj00rn

Banned
I destroyed my Halo 3 disc a while back, maybe some of you remember this (I was a bit frustrated due to too many games with too many campers)...:

13122007162_thumb.jpg

Well, look at what one of my good friends gave me as a christmas gift...:

IMG_5392.jpg

:lol

I'm going to take good care of the disc this time, that's for sure.

+2 sales...

Thermite

bj00rn said:
I destroyed my Halo 3 disc a while back, maybe some of you remember this (I was a bit frustrated due to too many games with too many campers)...:

13122007162_thumb.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I know the feeling man, I know the feeling..

TDG

Banned
I played a bit of Team Slayer yesterday, but after being screamed at for a while by some kid on my team who had 5 more kills than me (19-14) that I was making us lose and should do us all a favor and stop playing Halo, I decided to just play Campaign. It didn't help that one guy on our team had quit before the game started, so we were outnumbered.

After that, I played Tsavo and The Covenant, and both levels are better than I remembered, and so awesome looking. I took some cool screenshots, but they haven't appeared on b.net yet. I'll post them when they appear.

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
So how do you get the links to the files from fileshare in here? I have no idea how to do it, and I have some great multi clips I'd like to share. Help a man in need.
Do you have a bungie.net account? If you don't have one, make one. Then log-in to Bungie.net and click on your name up in the top-right corner of the screen, above where it tells you how many friends you have on-line. Next, click on your Halo3 service record. On this page, click on the file-share tab and copy the address in the address bar. That's all I do. There may be a simpler way. I don't know.

ice cream

Banned
Me :) Wanting it pretty bad gave my Halo 3 disc to a friend to borrow and he bought the map back. But if you gave me the maps I would take it back from him! please :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ice cream said:
Me :) Wanting it pretty bad gave my Halo 3 disc to a friend to borrow and he bought the map back. But if you gave me the maps I would take it back from him! please :D

I would do it for you, but your profile says you're from England, and MS points gifting only works for people in the US (as of now). Sorry :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ice cream said:
Ah its ok thanks though.
Would it still work if I downloaded them on my US account and played them on my UK?

Didn't Microsoft eliminate DL'ing content from another region when you're not in that region a while ago?

Anyways, I don't want to risk giving the points to your account and not being able to download them/play them on your original account.

But trust me on this, as soon as Microsoft says gifting is available in England and the Maps still aren't free, I WILL gift you the points to buy the maps.

Spirit3

On a completely related note, me and my mates are going to go through the Halo series on Legendary this weekend in 15 hours. Co-op and all. Should be a blast, or a complete disaster. I reckon Halo 3 will be the best way to end it because it is such a visually stunning game. Makes the other two look like bantha-poodoo.

People accusing me of cheating on LIVE because we came from 10 down to winning by a kill. Maybe it was because I got the shotgun and started to rack up the kills. No wait, it's Xbox LIVE. Everyone cheats on that. There is no such thing as skill.

GhaleonEB

Spirit3 said:
On a completely related note, me and my mates are going to go through the Halo series on Legendary this weekend in 15 hours. Co-op and all. Should be a blast, or a complete disaster. I reckon Halo 3 will be the best way to end it because it is such a visually stunning game. Makes the other two look like bantha-poodoo.
Turn on some skulls! Might I suggest thunderstorm, catch and mythic?

Also, BTB is a bastion of wonder and joy, and it should be ranked. Sandtrap in particular is a delightful vehicluar brawl. Wonderful antics ensue in every game. I just pasted someone so hard against a wall with a Chopper I had time to drive ahead, turn around and see him gracefully falling from the sky in the distance. :lol

Choppers need to be on more maps. A couple on Rat's Nest and Valhalla would be very interesting.

FightyF

Banned
There were some people asking me about the 60fps dealy, here's a film clip you can grab from my fileshare, called "60".

Before you grab it keep in mind a few things...it looks like camera control is somewhat "compressed" so it's not as smooth as when I originally cut this clip in the theatre. But you can still see the smooth framerate, which keeps up most of the time but does drop sometimes. So all you have to do is hold the Right Trigger down all the way to ffwd it 2X, which results in a super smooth framerate.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=TerraRhythm

You can do it yourself if you go to areas where there's simple geometry, such as small rooms, corners, etc. Otherwise when you ffwd, it looks as jerky as everything else.

Tieno

bj00rn said:

[MG]http://home.online.no/~bkmyskja/div/h3/13122007162_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Well, look at what one of my good friends gave me as a christmas gift...:

IMG_5392.jpg

:lol

I'm going to take good care of the disc this time, that's for sure.

+2 sales...
I was right
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8931103#post8931103
Tieno said:
He'll come back, they all come back.
Bungie wins.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
Podcast today would be awesome.

Anybody know an ETA on the next playlist update and/or patch?
I don't think they gave an ETA other than "soon(tm)" for either one. I'm curious about the podcast. Apparantly Harold Ryan let lose a couple of "bombshells"; Frankie puffery or meaty goodness?

alisdair

The most recent news on ranked BTB is from ferrex's December 5th post:

ferrex said:
In investigating ways to improve upon Social BTB's match quality, we hit a snag--it turns out that a key matchmaking setting (that restricts matching between teams of roughly equal sizes) is not being used in social playlists. Having explored the problem, I do not believe we can give you guys the match quality we want to without it--so, we will be introducing a Ranked BTB playlist early in the new year.
There have been no posts from ferrex since the 19th of December, so I guess he's busy working on Ranked BTB or something else. Hopefully we'll see it in a few weeks, maybe along with some other playlist changes (more Team King please!).

tak

The Lamonster said:
Podcast today would be awesome.

Anybody know an ETA on the next playlist update and/or patch?
I believe Luke said it would be released later this week. My guess is it will be released Thursday, they have a fetish for releasing it on that day.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
It started out ordinarily enough. We got the first two flag caps within two minutes and forty-five seconds. We prepared our convoy for Victory Laps.

19100264-Full.jpg

However, we encountered an unusual amount of well-planned resistance.

19100440-Full.jpg

So, we set up shop in the center of the map, proclaiming our dominance.

19100543-Full.jpg

We fortified our position.

19100787-Full.jpg

And, well... you can guess how it went from there.

19101259-Full.jpg

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I finally got around to powering through single player campaign on Legendary the other night. With the exception of Cortana I had a great time. A real return to form for the Halo campaign AND Legendary difficulty. Covenant was perhaps the most amazing level I've played in an FPS in recent memory.

Bravo Bungie!

TDG

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
It started out ordinarily enough. We got the first two flag caps within two minutes and forty-five seconds. We prepared our convoy for Victory Laps.
So, can you please explain to a simpleton like me who has been rarely checking GAF this past month what the point of this is, and how it's done?

GhaleonEB

the disgruntled gamer said:
So, can you please explain to a simpleton like me who has been rarely checking GAF this past month what the point of this is, and how it's done?
1) Get matched up against a vastly inferior team
2) Pull into the lead
3) Stop playing and screw around to draw the game out until time runs out

I've played a number of games where the opposing team was vastly superior and utterly crushed us, and it was downright merciful of them to finish us off. It would drive me nuts to get matched up against people who did stuff like this.

Also, new bungie.net article up about forging on Foundry. Going to read it now, it's pretty long.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13167

kylej

Banned
Cocopjojo said:

brings a tear to the eye

never stop, coco

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
the disgruntled gamer said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9226922&highlight=victory#post9226922

Basically, it's just like Ghaleon said. Whenever we get a CTF game in BTB, we get the first two caps really quickly and then have fun with the rest of the game. Refer to that post I just linked to for some of the things we've done.

kylej said:
brings a tear to the eye

never stop, coco
Oh, we won't, kylej. We won't. It's too beautiful of a thing. As long as there's a canvas, we'll keep painting.

Cocopjojo said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9226922&highlight=victory#post9226922

Basically, it's just like Ghaleon said. Whenever we get a CTF game in BTB, we get the first two caps really quickly and then have fun with the rest of the game. Refer to that post I just linked to for some of the things we've done.

Oh, we won't, kylej. We won't. It's too beautiful of a thing. As long as there's a canvas, we'll keep painting.

how many people are left on the other team at this point 2?

TDG

Banned
Cocopjojo said:

That sounds pretty unpleasant. You think you're going to play a fun game, but instead you end up facing a bunch of people who are doing this crazy shit and completely demoralizing your team, all the other people on your team are quitting, making the experience worse, and if you quit you lose EXP.

Yikes. Wouldn't want to be in a game where that happens.

Hey guys. I'm not too new here, but new to Halo 3. I can still hold my own though because I've played a bit of Halo 2 in the past.

I've never played a H3 custom game and I figure they must be a lot of fun, so can somebody help me with my H3 virginity?

Gamertag: xtHa viLLaMaNx

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I have a Bungie.net account, yes. I actually wanted to put links to single files from the fileshare, but I guess you can't do that. Thanks though!

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Teh Mantis

Check out 'rokitzzzzzzzzzz' and 'splatter time' if you will!
Sorry. I'm not really a computer wiz. I did download and watch your two videos. The triple splatter kill with the ghost was my favorite. If I had been in that game, I would have been one of the people spawning and instantly dying. :lol The overkill was good too. Teams should know better than to go up an air lift together like that.

Why do people praise Cocopojo? I feel sorry for the team who either has to quit and recieve penalties or at best just try their best for the remaining 10 minutes. It's possible the losing team is bad but the whole flag holding at the end is so e-penis, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom