• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Domino Theory said:
Thanks. I've already given about 5 I think. Maybe more. The FOX free MS points inspired me. I was shocked to see people going out of their way to rob other people of 200 MS points; ranking up 15,000 points for three of their own accounts.

And plus, these maps are nothing short of absolutely amazing and everyone deserves to experience them as soon as possible.

Oh yeah, that was absolutely ridiculous how many points some people hoarded.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Cocopjojo said:
Again, I thought this was why they hired Luke. If he's been given other responsibilites and is too busy to handle the podcast, then they should bring on someone else.

Nope. It's a small part of what he does. Which is why there isn't a magical backup Mac that slides down a lubricated rack when the primary one fails. We don't even handle the Mac situation - our IT group does and we're at their mercy.

Tieno

Bungie should get a seperate podcast team. Don't care about the games GIMME THE PODCAST! :mad:

Sorry, I didn't mean that, please finish your new awesomeness-ensues IP

Stinkles said:
Nope. It's a small part of what he does. Which is why there isn't a magical backup Mac that slides down a lubricated rack when the primary one fails. We don't even handle the Mac situation - our IT group does and we're at their mercy.
Never trust a Mac

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Eh, just busier then usual and I've been running around in Crysis when I find gaming time. There's just too many good games out that I want to play. :(

Tieno

urk said:
Eh, just busier then usual and I've been running around in Crysis when I find gaming time. There's just too many good games out that I want to play. :(
Same here, I've been cheating on halo 3 with other good games. But I'll come back to it, I promise.

NJ Shlice

urk said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I re-bought Ninja Gaiden Black and I've been going through that again. Ooodles of fun.

I did, however, hop back into Lone Wolves the other night and got my 45. It only cost me the hole in my window I punched (I'll post pics later. I didn't think it was gonna break like a pussy.) Damn that playlist is so frustrating. Now that I have my 45 I swear I'll never touch it again.

GhaleonEB

Tieno said:
Same here, I've been cheating on halo 3 with other good games. But I'll come back to it, I promise.
It's funny, for all the shit I talked about melee I've been sucked into multiplayer big time the past few weeks, mixed with punishing myself via brutal skull combinations on Legendary on campaign. It's like playing an entirely different game than I did a few months ago when I took a break from it.

I actually don't know what my next game is going to be. I think I'll be renting CoD4 soon, and am considering getting GHII for the 360. But beyond that, I'm not sure.

Tieno

GhaleonEB said:
It's funny, for all the shit I talked about melee I've been sucked into multiplayer big time the past few weeks, mixed with punishing myself via brutal skull combinations on Legendary on campaign. It's like playing an entirely different game than I did a few months ago when I took a break from it.

I actually don't know what my next game is going to be. I think I'll be renting CoD4 soon, and am considering getting GHII for the 360. But beyond that, I'm not sure.
I played Halo very intensely for four weeks straight, so I needed a break but the itch to go back is becoming stronger and stronger. Still need to rent and play COD4 myself. I've been playing SMG, which is incredibly good (get it if you ever get a Wii).

Get Burnout Paradise? Like Crackdown but with cars.

squicken said:
Play Timeshift people!
squicken just jumped the shark. Sorry, I played the demo and I can't get over the awkward feel of the controls.

GhaleonEB

Tieno said:
Get Burnout Paradise? Like Crackdown but with cars.
I'm not a 'car person'. The driving in Crackdown was a nice diversion, but if there were not achievements attached to it I never would have bothered with it much. I'm not sure I'll ever own a full driving game again; the last I had was Crazy Taxi II on the Dreamcast (returned it, not any different from the first).

I think XBLA is going to fill in some cracks in the next few months. Until Bungie releases their first update and new maps, that is.
squicken said:
Look at my gamercard thingy. I play almost every single crappy shooter there is. I'm telling you Timeshift is fun.
I will rent it. Just for you!

I've never actually rented a game in my life. What should I sign up for?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles said:
Your sweet, sweet words don't make the lack of a podcast any better.

NJ x Falkor said:
I did, however, hop back into Lone Wolves the other night and got my 45. It only cost me the hole in my window I punched (I'll post pics later. I didn't think it was gonna break like a pussy.) Damn that playlist is so frustrating. Now that I have my 45 I swear I'll never touch it again.
That's what they all say. You do realize that you're only five levels away from being (or with time becoming) a General, right? Five levels, dude. That's like nothing.

fin

GhaleonEB said:
The DLC maps are all set pretty early in the campaign. Rat's Nest is from Crow's Nest (mission 2), Standoff is in the setting of Tsavo (mission 3) and Foundry uses stuff from The Storm (mission 4). I wonder if they'll keep progressing through the campaign levels like that.

A MidShip like map designed with the Cortana level art direction would be great!

NJ Shlice

Cocopjojo said:
That's what they all say. You do realize that you're only five levels away from being (or with time becoming) a General, right? Five levels, dude. That's like nothing.

^Fact.^

I must press on.

squicken

GhaleonEB said:
I've never actually rented a game in my life. What should I sign up for?

I use gamefly, but if you rent movies and stuff, might try that blockbuster thing that gets you a few game rentals a month.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Tieno said:
I have been telling myself the same thing since I got KUF: COD However this weekend I am having a Halo LAN for a friends birthday so I will be playing a lot. Interestingly enough, During the last part of December and early January I played a lot of Halo 3, but it got never registered in my profile due to the fact it was mostly during LAN parties. Srsly, the B.net stats have nothing on the real world, there are tons of LAN parties that go unrecorded.
Cocopjojo said:
:lol Think about it, there is some potential.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
squicken said:
I use gamefly, but if you rent movies and stuff, might try that blockbuster thing that gets you a few game rentals a month.
It's $22.99 for unlimited game rentals. It rocks.

godhandiscen said:
:lol Think about it, there is some potential.
I love the idea of Midship, but after Rat's Nest and Foundry's bland environments, I want new, awesome art direction for the upcoming levels. I definitely don't want a Cortana-inspired one.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Cocopjojo said:
I love the idea of Midship, but after Rat's Nest and Foundry's bland environments, I want new, awesome art direction for the upcoming levels. I definitely don't want a Cortana-inspired one.

Agreed. Isolation already has the Flood guts and poopchute designed in.

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
I'll check out gamefly. We use netflix for movies ($15 option). Thanks.
fin said:
Isolation = veto
I've only played a few games on Isolation. First impressions and all that, but I thought it was the worst Halo map I'd ever played on. And I've played that Halo 1 map with all the teleporters!

I finally got me xbox back and got a couple of games in (first games since the beta).

They added fusion cores to the big entrance in snowbound! I was charging down in there with the brute shot when suddenly I asploaded Couldn't figure that one out till the end of the game :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
fin said:
Isolation = veto

Eh, I don't mind playing on it up top, but there's just a ton of wasted space. I remember reading about the subterranean bases in early previews and how they made for some interesting encounters, but the reality is those spaces are kind of boring. :/

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
urk said:
A work of genius. Give this man whatever armor he wants. Fuck, light his head on fire.
"You're playing Call of Duty 4? That means you must hate Halo."

"Yes. As soon as I stop playing Halo, that means I hate it."

:lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Insaniac said:
Man, I don't play Halo 3 for 2 weeks and now I can't shoot worth a crap.

I'm not that good normally, but after playing Mass Effect and then going back to Halo, I may as well have been playing with my feet.

fin

Stinkles said:
I have your gamertag and a banhammer button. It is like asking Star Jones to guard a pie.

Does Bungie still have access to the Banhammer?

I was thinking that the split from Microsoft would've affected Bungie's grip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom