• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Now you're just trolling!
Well... yeah. ): I already argued seriously once. No point in running circles if we can't have fun!

(Speaking of circles... I know which video from today's adventure I need to upload first.)
Botolf said:
I'd enjoy vanilla Versus more if packs were much more rare or less uniformly distributed. Can get a bit wearying when you're effectively trying to kill medpacks and not people.
I can't disagree with this, but it's mostly the issue of removing Tier 2 weapons that bothers me. I don't care if they're overpowered. They're also fun. And there's nothing more fun than destroying a full auto-shotty team with a good infected team.

OH BUT LOL ITS UNPOSSIBAL

TheOneGuy said:
I can't disagree with this, but it's mostly the issue of removing Tier 2 weapons that bothers me. I don't care if they're overpowered. They're also fun. And there's nothing more fun than destroying a full auto-shotty team with a good infected team.
On the opposite end, there's nothing more fun than downing a hunter in one pumpshotty shot in an act of pure precision.

What do you need a couch for?
We're quitting l4d pc unless we can find a very comfty couch.

Sibylus

Banned
Circles and AI Tanks are mortal enemies.

Re: T2s, yes, those might be a bit too sparse (I think you should probably at least have all T2s by the time of the finale), but I can appreciate how it makes it more challenging for survivors and makes it harder for them to camp n blast the Tank.

vertopci

PillowKnight said:
On the opposite end, there's nothing more fun than downing a hunter in one pumpshotty shot in an act of pure precision.

Dear god, any who has played with me knows my celebratory cheer on the mic when I get a skeet with a pump shotty :lol

Twig

Banned
Not as good.
vertopci said:
Oh that was serious arguing you did a week ago? :lol
You only didn't take it seriously because you're a banana rider.

vertopci

TheOneGuy said:
Not as good.

You only didn't take it seriously because you're a banana rider.

What's wrong with riding on bananas?

RocketDarkness said:
You're just making a power play to get Red to be your couch. You'll be quitting L4D in a week anyways, when L4D2 comes out!

Didn't you hear? Valve time pushed L4D2 back to November 2010!

Vanpira

Jenga said:
Who wants to do expert campaign runs with me as soon as L4D2 hits?

I'll play if I may, but I warn you, I play like a dead hobo, and not one of the good ones either. :( The name is KillerSaint(I'm Killer, but not very often, sometimes it might even be you, sorry :(, and a Saint because I die for the sake of others, probably just holding the team back though :() on Steam(you are talking about the PC version right? if not well never mind then, if it's the 360 one you can now hear a choir behind you for you have been saved, from me as my 360s disc drive does not work and I would not play it if it did, count your blessings:D ) I'm mute as well so that doesn't help, but I try to follow orders if I know what you are talking about.

Also vertopci, Nabs and that other guy, sorry don't remember, I'm sorry for the game when I played on your team, I played even worse then normal(yes it's possible, not even I knew), if I could talk I would've been saying I was sorry almost constantly, and when I fell down the canyon I just wanted to hide :(. Why did I become the tank? I didn't even know what to do, I was lost and everyone was so far away. The game said I would lose control of the tank if I didn't attack the survivors and I kind of wanted that to happen but it was so slow at draining and I couldn't find anyone to hit.

Man, it makes me wonder how the team I was playing on, on Halloween, made it to the helicopter without anyone dieing(not even me) , the other three must have been freakishly awesome. Let's see, it was shadowlink and botolf(you were playing right? if it wasn't you then, I am sorry, and sorry to who it really was if not you.) I think and, hmm why can I never remember the third person? If it's the same person, I am doublely sorry(that's three sorrys, the two here and the one from above. Man that's stupid why am I leaving it here?) I must thank you for telling me what to do for I would surely of died if it wasn't for that. I hope to receive orders from you fine gentlemen again. I will take orders from anyone though. As long as you don't tell me to "take a step forward."

Anyway I would like to try to make up for that last game( if you can call playing bad, but not as bad as the last game making up for it.) if I could. I wanted to in the second game that day but you said the server needed to be restarted and when I came back the game was full, which is probably for the best. I have not seen any GAF game events since I played last. So providing I am still allowed to play, I am, still allowed, right? *gasps* hopefully, I vow that someday I will aid a team to victory.

Gah, this whole thing reads like a damn joke, sorry for that, but I am deftly serious. Well good thing this is not in person, though if it was in person I wouldn't be saying anything so maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Before I make myself look any more stupid I am ending this.

FoxSpirit

Is it only me or is anyone else underwhelmed by the PC demo? Never played the first one but that looked way more interesting/crazy from videos.

Twig

Banned
Hahaha, yeah, I seriously doubt anyone in this thread cares if you play poorly.

I suck, but I still talk shit all the time! And no one hates me!

okay everyone hates me ;_;

1-D_FTW

Botolf said:
Circles and AI Tanks are mortal enemies.

Re: T2s, yes, those might be a bit too sparse (I think you should probably at least have all T2s by the time of the finale), but I can appreciate how it makes it more challenging for survivors and makes it harder for them to camp n blast the Tank.

I'm of the theory it makes it more important that you do. Now if the mod eliminated shotguns all together, I'd be on board. Thankfully the shotgun blobs seem to have some nasty counters in L4D2. Although if TF2 is any indication, the "competitive" community will find a way to eliminate any randomness.

Twig

Banned
I mean don't get me wrong, like I said at some point last week, I understand that full auto-shotty teams have a huge advantage over the infected, and I'd bet that if L4D2 wasn't coming out, we'd have seen something to balance that out by now from Valve... But it's still fun to use and to just take it out.

If the mod, instead of removing them altogether, limited it to one person per map... that's be fuckin' rad. Instead of an infinite supply, it's only one...

Also maybe limit the ammo.

(I'll never support the health kit nonsense, though, I think that's stupid and I always will.)

zugzug

you know L4D original will still exist after L4D2 comes out. Valve could always you know still fix that Auto shotty thing :p *smirks*

Twig

Banned
I don't doubt they will keep supporting it. But I do doubt they're too concerned anymore about balancing, as they have already addressed a lot of those issues in L4D2. Especially with the new SI.

vertopci

TheOneGuy said:
(I'll never support the health kit nonsense, though, I think that's stupid and I always will.)

That's because you don't play or know anything about versus. Hell we played a fucking game using the new system. We incapped the other team literally 15 times on one map. Yet they still get fucking 170 HP bonus. We fucking get 193 without even getting incapped once. Please tell me how that makes any god damn sense at all.

Also the new matchmaking system really is total shit. Why the hell does it keep doing local host when there are millions of fucking open servers out there? :/

Nabs

i don't know why anyone would prefer vanilla over frus/cevo. those kits just ruined the whole experience tonight. you have to try for a quad cap, or they will make it to the safe room with 180hb.

vertopci

Nabs said:
i don't know why anyone would prefer vanilla over frus/cevo. those kits just ruined the whole experience tonight. you have to try for a quad cap, or they will make it to the safe room with 180hb.

I like how they failed every single attempt on us. It only took them about a thousand fails to realize they should just use boomer :lol

vertopci said:
Also the new matchmaking system really is total shit. Why the hell does it keep doing local host when there are millions of fucking open servers out there? :/

I was trying to set up a game with some of my L4D noob friends and COULD NOT get a good server, or it kicked us all as the game was loading (each of us tried being lobby leader, that didn't help either). We kind of gave up after a while (although just joining a game in progress worked fine), and now they don't feel as motivated to play it because of this. :(

vertopci

The Storyteller said:
I was trying to set up a game with some of my L4D noob friends and COULD NOT get a good server, or it kicked us all as the game was loading (each of us tried being lobby leader, that didn't help either). We kind of gave up after a while (although just joining a game in progress worked fine), and now they don't feel as motivated to play it because of this. :(

Yea the system is absolute shit. Chances are you or one of the other players were local hosting. I hate how it doesn't even bother to tell you if it decided to local host :/

Ah, must have played on the other team's wonky server then a bit ago. I think they were extremely pissed that their 4 hunters on the finale didn't get us (they got us on level 3 anyway, after I knocked one off) and we all made it to the helicopter when their tank was right there in with us for a bit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I noticed this too. Despite setting the game to be in official servers, the game forces itself as local hosting. wtf

cakefoo

TheOneGuy said:
okay guy i've never played versus in my life ever you are right

cry more because you suck at infected (and you are taking this way too fucking personally chill the fuck out)
When the ONLY thing that can win you a round as infected is if you can successfully coordinate a simultaneous 4-player incap, then there really is little depth to infected strategy. And when you have 2/3 kits each, and spend most of the round with a non-depleting health of 60+, going on a rampage with autoshotties, there again is very little depth to survivor strategy.

vertopci

cakefoo said:
When the ONLY thing that can win you a round as infected is if you can successfully coordinate a simultaneous 4-player incap, then there really is little depth to infected strategy. And when you have 2/3 kits each, and spend most of the round with a non-depleting health of 60+, going on a rampage with autoshotties, there again is very little depth to survivor strategy.

The scoring system with kits is completely broken as well

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah, I noticed this too. Despite setting the game to be in official servers, the game forces itself as local hosting. wtf

Yea it's a real pain in the ass. You can try forcing a dedicated server. Some people have gotten it to work. Most however, including myself, couldn't.

Volcynika

Nabs said:

Surprisingly enough, people don't find appeal in frus/cevo and enjoy the unmodded version of VS.

News at 11.

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Surprisingly enough, people don't find appeal in frus/cevo and enjoy the unmodded version of VS.

News at 11.

You say that, but whenever I'm not pubstomping and end up a crappy team, there are far less ragequits on CEVO config than on vanilla. I'm guessing it's because the survivors can't just heal and find another kit. Thus making people less annoyed that their awesome attacks were rendered totally useless thanks to a clueless Director who decided to give the survivors a fourth or fifth chance.

Plus the scoring system is broken as shit.

Volcynika

vertopci said:
You say that, but whenever I'm not pubstomping and end up a crappy team, there are far less ragequits on CEVO config than on vanilla. I'm guessing it's because the survivors can't just heal and find another kit. Thus making people less annoyed that their awesome attacks were rendered totally useless thanks to a clueless Director who decided to give the survivors a fourth or fifth chance.

Plus the scoring system is broken as shit.

Uh, good for you.

Considering I see far more ragequits when people are survivors, so I rarely see this "omg my boomer was awesome, but they healed! fuck! *quit*"

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Uh, good for you.

Considering I see far more ragequits when people are survivors, so I rarely see this "omg my boomer was awesome, but they healed! fuck! *quit*"

I always see ragequits when survivors reach the saferoom or when there's a map change.

Doesn't change the fact that I've noticed far less raging with CEVO config.

Volcynika

vertopci said:
I always see ragequits when survivors reach the saferoom or when there's a map change.

Doesn't change the fact that I've noticed far less raging with CEVO config.

Different experiences, bro.

I personally can't wait until L4D2 versions of those that do something super nonsensical like removing the defibrilator item completely. "Hey, those features Valve added for the sequel? Screw that!"

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Different experiences, bro.

I personally can't wait until L4D2 versions of those that do something super nonsensical like removing the defibrilator item completely. "Hey, those features Valve added for the sequel? Screw that!"

I can't wait until the director spawns a million of them in versus thereby making every attack but the last couple pointless!

In all honestly, if the scoring system wasn't broken, I wouldn't have anything against vanilla L4D. But...it is broken. Badly. So very badly.

Twig

Banned
The best part of you frusmod banana riders is you turn into a bunch of defensive little manbabies when people disagree with you.

Never change.

vertopci

TheOneGuy said:
The best part of you frusmod banana riders is you turn into a bunch of defensive little manbabies when people disagree with you.

Never change.

We have a reason why CEVO/Frus works, you guys don't have a single reason why vanilla gameplay works.

Because it doesn't

Volcynika

vertopci said:
We have a reason why CEVO/Frus works, you guys don't have a single reason why vanilla gameplay works.

Because it doesn't

Nah, it works fine. Can't help we're not "bawwwwwwwww infected underpowered need moar unbalance!"

But it's cool dawg. People like you always have choice! Except for games sans ded servers.

Twig

Banned
I'm not even talking about what works anymore (though I've given plenty of reasons, you just choose to ignore them because you are a manbaby). I'm just talking about fucking personal preference and experience.

You can bitch and moan all you want about imbalances and whatever else bullshit you want to spout, but I don't care. I've never had any problems with versus as it is, and no amount of crying wolf from a bunch of manbabies will ever change my mind!

Volcynika

TheOneGuy said:
I'm not even talking about what works anymore (though I've given plenty of reasons, you just choose to ignore them because you are a manbaby). I'm just talking about fucking personal preference and experience.

You can bitch and moan all you want about imbalances and whatever else bullshit you want to spout, but I don't care. I've never had any problems with versus as it is, and no amount of crying wolf from a bunch of manbabies will ever change my mind!

Twig is the Scatman.

TheOneGuy said:

Sure you have! I still recall that time you rage quit and vowed to never play versus ever again.

Top Bottom