• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want a job where I could be payed to punch artists who draw two characters having a stand off back to back.

What a lame way to end the Naruto chapter, Pein having a giant orgy with himselves would have been better, it would have atleast been something not cliche.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Snaku said:
Naruto...chapter 383...what a cocktease. :lol

That is all.
I'm still kind of pissed Kishimoto killed off Jiraiya. Also, if I'm reading it correctly, Pain mentions Madara? Are they working for him? Did I miss something?

Snaku

Banned
Halycon said:
I'm still kind of pissed Kishimoto killed off Jiraiya. Also, if I'm reading it correctly, Pain mentions Madara? Are they working for him? Did I miss something?

Tobi is Uchiha Madara. He was seen giving orders to Pain after Deidara's death, and it seems that Pain answers to Madara.

Zoe

Wonder if there's any good news coming out of JF. Katekyo, Gintama, and Bleach are listed as having "new information" on the stage page, but I don't know if that's actually supposed to be anything meaningful.

Bebpo

Banned
Like everyone else has said:

OP - Good, though they have to get out of this somehow. There's no way this fight will happen.

Bleach - ...wtf, can it get any worse? Did they just kill off the cute masochist girl?

Naruto - nice art, especially in the naruto scene, but fairly nothing chapter

Bebpo said:
Like everyone else has said:

OP - Good, though they have to get out of this somehow. There's no way this fight will happen.

Bleach - ...wtf, can it get any worse? Did they just kill off the cute masochist girl?

Naruto - nice art, especially in the naruto scene, but fairly nothing chapter

the guy in bleach who just keeps coming back is shit.....so bad

Zoe

Bebpo said:

Nah, I doubt it's possible for her to really die.

At least Rukia's back. Pretty lame (yet expected) though how everybody's coming out unscathed.

Nolan.

I'm so thrilled iv'e finally caught up with One piece. On this weeks chapter like iv'e said somewhere else crocodile aside this is the second time i'm actually worried for their safety. Kuma is in no position to be defeated at the moment, especially not by an already worn out crew. He's going to be distracted, loose interest or just simply have orders called off. That or kill one of the crew which can't happen right ;_; and if it can, don't kill robin or choppah!. Also Kuma and doflamingo are my fav shichibukai's I don't want him to be next in line too soon.

Naruto this week is a bit of a let down, in that nothing really happend this week that couldn't have been done last. I just felt like a lot of the pages were wasted. It looks like Madara plans on catching Kyuubi himself. His words about ''what can you do you're only a child'' seems like it's setting up for something. Saying that I still don't think Naruto's ready to take on him at all yet. Another thing i'm still wondering about is sai's unexplained return to the group.

Zoe

Nolan. said:
Another thing i'm still wondering about is sai's unexplained return to the group.

He was Tenten-ed.

vlcsnap-982007.png

Haly

Zoe said:
He was Tenten-ed.

vlcsnap-982007.png
Huh, is this from the anime?

Looks like something Kubo Tite would do, that is, put all his characters in matching outfits that have nothing to do with the storyline.

Zoe

Halycon said:
Huh, is this from the anime?

Yeah, for almost the entire run of that ending, Tenten was missing from the group picture. In the second-to-last airing or so, they finally added her.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I should know the answer, but next week we better see Itachi actually fighting properly, unless I'm forgetting something, we still haven't seem him do all that much.

And what's with the sudden, lets kill of people, especially characters who were never really in the story much.

And you think members of Akatsuki wouldn't die the second time you see them.

Ikuu said:
I should know the answer, but next week we better see Itachi actually fighting properly, unless I'm forgetting something, we still haven't seem him do all that much.

And what's with the sudden, lets kill of people, especially characters who were never really in the story much.

No Shounen next week.

Sai was in the chapter 2 weeks ago, if you counted the number of heads. They just didn't show his face. But yeah, he is basically the new Ten-Ten.

Haly

Ikuu said:

Me, I'm actually interested in seeing Genjustsu based combat.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Another thing i'm still wondering about is sai's unexplained return to the group.

It wasn't unexplained, he's been with the Naruto group for the last year. Its just, like the rest of the Naruto group, he's done shit

just as next week in the Naruto anime makes or breaks it, I think the next chapter in the Naruto manga will make or break it.

if the fight actually takes a long time, then that is just bullshit, it should be over in the next chapter with Sasuke getting his ass handed to him.

Zoe

I finally caught up with Gintama <3 Loved the Monster Hunter parody arc, particularly Hasegawa's rip-off of Cloud and Gin's school girl routine. The ending though.... :lol

But ugh! This has to be one of the hardest raws I've ever read! It's so dialogue-heavy and sometimes the text is so damn small >_<

Ark-AMN

Banned
Linkzg said:
just as next week in the Naruto anime makes or breaks it, I think the next chapter in the Naruto manga will make or break it.

if the fight actually takes a long time, then that is just bullshit, it should be over in the next chapter with Sasuke getting his ass handed to him.
Believe me, if you stop watching or caring about the anime and manga, I'd be so relieved so I wouldn't have to hear your bitching every freaking week. :lol

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Shig said:
I follow domestic releases rather than scanslations, but...

Eyeshield 21
If you don't read this, I hate you.

its one of my favorites right now. i dont know whether its the part that used to love watching football, or just the characters, but i get hyped with the every issue

also, does anyone read katekyou ****** reborn, or d gray man? it would be nice to have a discussion on shows other than bleach and naruto

Ark-AMN said:
Believe me, if you stop watching or caring about the anime and manga, I'd be so relieved so I wouldn't have to hear your bitching every freaking week. :lol

I do care about it and I want it to turn out good, anyone could understand the feeling there is when something you like slowly and slowly becomes bad. I know CrushDance can relate.

the recent chapters have been good and I have enjoyed them, but I really think that Kishimoto needs to step out of his comfort zone which has long drawn out fights, it will be really fresh to see a quick fight that shows how much stronger one character is than the other. Also, Sasuske being stronger than Itachi just wouldent make sense in any way at all, it would be Kishimoto creating a loophole in his own series.

I only really disliked 2 things in this chapter (which are also my 2 complaints from all recent chapters aswell).

1) Suigetsu vs Kisame wasnt shown at all while every other fight was given a slight update.
2) The lame cliche back-to-back stand off.

Parallax said:
also, does anyone read katekyou ****** reborn, or d gray man? it would be nice to have a discussion on shows other than bleach and naruto

I watch the reborn anime and just started getting into the manga, but im nowhere near current.

Zoe

Anybody think any of the new series either in Weekly or in Square look promising? Would be nice to follow something from the beginning.

Psyren seems to be getting decent buzz, but the first chapter didn't capture me. I'll give it a few more issues before I try again.

Zoe

Some Naruto teasers from JF:

-
Focus of next year will mostly be Sasuke. After it will be Kakashi (with a huge event) and Sakura.

-
Something will happen to Sakura that will force her to grow up along the lines of Naruto and Shikamaru.

I was hoping there would be Kakashi Gaiden news ;_;

Zoe said:

-
Focus of next year will mostly be Sasuke. After it will be Kakashi (with a huge event) and Sakura.

-
Something will happen to Sakura that will force her to grow up along the lines of Naruto and Shikamaru.

are these things true? is there are a chance they can be rumors?

Snaku

Banned
Zoe said:

-

-

Aw fuck, I'm so fucking tired of Sasuke. He's also going to be the main character of the next movie. I wish Kishi didn't have such a huge hard on for the character.

ok, so basically
the main character is going to get totally neglected for a loooong time.

This also means Sasuke WONT die in this fight againt Itachi, that also means there is a chance Itachi might be killed.

also, if there is focus on Kakashi chances are it will either be about Obito or his family legacy.

Sakura finally growing up sounds the worst, wasnt her entire growing up shit supposed to happen in the boring Sasori fight? no need to focus on her...focus on Sai or Yamato, not Sakura.

Snaku

Banned
Linkzg said:
Sakura finally growing up sounds the worst, wasnt her entire growing up shit supposed to happen in the boring Sasori fight? no need to focus on her...focus on Sai or Yamato, not Sakura.

Yeah, her attitude is a lot more grown up than it was in Part 1. I don't really understand the need for her to mature more.

Snaku said:
Yeah, her attitude is a lot more grown up than it was in Part 1. I don't really understand the need for her to mature more.

an excuse to give her bigger boobs? that is the only reason.

Belfast

As far as One Piece is concerned, I'm guessing another **** Ex Machina. I DON'T think the SH are in any condition to fight Kuma right now and he seems hellbent on killing them.

We still don't know a ton about Kuma, but considering his, well, "religious" nature, he seems like the guy who'd be dedicated to following through on his promises. If he's aiming to destroy the Straw Hats, he'll probably give it a pretty good shot.

Somebody or something will probably show up.

Maybe another Shichibukai? Who knows...it's in-between arc time, which is a good time to move the overall story along again. Personally, I'm itching to see Buggy and co. or Smoker. :)

grandjedi6

Belfast said:
As far as One Piece is concerned, I'm guessing another **** Ex Machina. I DON'T think the SH are in any condition to fight Kuma right now and he seems hellbent on killing them.

We still don't know a ton about Kuma, but considering his, well, "religious" nature, he seems like the guy who'd be dedicated to following through on his promises. If he's aiming to destroy the Straw Hats, he'll probably give it a pretty good shot.

Somebody or something will probably show up.

Maybe another Shichibukai? Who knows...it's in-between arc time, which is a good time to move the overall story along again. Personally, I'm itching to see Buggy and co. or Smoker. :)

I think Kuma is there to emphasize the fact that even all the other Strawhats together can't do what Luffy does alone. Seems to be a theme that has been developing since the introduction of the gears. Hopefully it leads to character development for Zoro and Sanji.

Zoe said:
Hahaha, you guys are gonna love the Bleach news.

More backstory chapters.

ugh. Didn't the last chapter contain a random page of backstory? Is this going to be a regular thing where Hitsugaya gets his own page every chapter

Novid

Banned
Snaku said:
Aw fuck, I'm so fucking tired of Sasuke. He's also going to be the main character of the next movie. I wish Kishi didn't have such a huge hard on for the character.

Heres the thing, and im almost seeing the logic in it, there setting up a huge betrayal at the end of next year. They have like 140 some chapters before even considering a ending for the franchise- so they have some time... I do would like to have a Hinata event before the manga ends however.

As for Bleach, trying way too hard to be Beserk-lite. I mean DONT TOUCH THE *blank* was the most lolful moment since Bitch of all Bitchiness. GOD and they were going so well with previous arc, just trying to be themselfs.

One Piece is One Piece...

E-21 is the best manga right now outside of the Art House/High Class Grotestesc/Post-Modern Shojo/Neo-Ero-ShojoSenin AKA MOE/LOLIville people some to GRAVITATE to these days. The powercreeps make sense etc. Its just fun man.

grandjedi6 said:
I think Kuma is there to emphasize the fact that even all the other Strawhats together can't do what Luffy does alone. Seems to be a theme that has been developing since the introduction of the gears. Hopefully it leads to character development for Zoro and Sanji.

What...I thought this whole arc was about how no one can do it all alone. I mean, teamwork was a BIG theme in this arc, moreso than in all the other arcs put together. It's why whenever they separated it was always in small teams/pairs and how taking down Oz was a huge team effort (Moria was pretty much all Luffy but that's only after everyone else helped him separate Moria from Oz)

Zoramon089 said:
What...I thought this whole arc was about how no one can do it all alone. I mean, teamwork was a BIG theme in this arc, moreso than in all the other arcs put together. It's why whenever they separated it was always in small teams/pairs and how taking down Oz was a huge team effort (Moria was pretty much all Luffy but that's only after everyone else helped him separate Moria from Oz)

agreed...Moria almost defeated himself with his technique anyway

grandjedi6

Zoramon089 said:

This is true. But the cocurrent theme I was talking about is more about the difference in power levels between Luffy and everyone else. Even when all the strawhats teamed up they had a hard time against Oz and couldn't touch Moria. Of course Luffy's purpose of the crew is to defeat these enemies. Yet you can't ignore that Luffy is now more powerful than the entire group combined. I guess I'm just hoping One Piece eventually addresses this power change in the group

The way I see it this arc emphasized 5 themes:

-Teamwork
-Losing one's nakama
-Zombies can't feel pain/the mocking of death
-Luffy's power level and the danger of it
-Franky/Ussop/Chopper/Brook's belief vs. Zoro/Sanji/Robin's

grandjedi6

One Piece 484 spoilers

Kuma has the paw paw fruit

Bleach
-apparently the manga is taking a 2 month break from the Hueco Mundo arc to focus on backstory chapters :lol :lol :lol

Zoe

To be fair, nobody knows exactly when that will happen. They're definitely in a posiyion where everybody can retreat.

The anime is screwed though.

it will be interesting to see what happens next week in Naruto.

if
Itachi is actually dead/dying, I think that will be kind of weak, especially because he didnt even use his mangekyou in the fight.

Zoe

Well, that was a good run. Naruto held my interest for 4 months or so. I'll be back when this Sasuke crap is over.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Someone got owned in Naruto Chapter 384, but since this is NARUTO we are talking about, it will probably be another bunch of crows or a stupid log. Or if he did connect then... WTF?

Why do I sense Itachi will confess everything very soon? I still think that he didn't eliminate the Uchiha clan

And about Bleach... WTF? Tite Kubo is showing no interest of writing this part of the story. This happens to writers a lot. They think they have a cool idea, don't think everything throughly, go ahead with it, and eventually they find that they aren't too excited to keep writing. But, I still hold faith that he will pull something out of his ass that will make the HORRIBLE Hueco Mundo arc kick ass. What about the anime? Its catching up like crazy to the manga, and if he does this it will spell trouble. Who else is with me that Bleach is shooting for a different ending than the manga?

grandjedi6

One Piece was awesome like usual. I liked how Sanji, Zoro and Ussop all tried but failed. Also there is something oddly adorable about Robin, the morbid assassin, thinking about cute kittens in the middle of the fight :lol

About Naruto:

IF that interview was real (and there is a really good chance it's not), what do you expect? In almost every interview he's had, he's made it quite clear that Naruto is his favorite character. The fans have completely ignored this and turned it into "He loves Sasuke more because Naruto is not in the manga". You guys do realize that Sasukes story needs to get resolved and it needs to happen soon. It would make a lot of sense to spend as much time now to finish the Itachi-Sasuke arc so he can move on. He's said he thinks he might have put too much on his plate and needs to rush a few things.

Realistically, this battle will have to last at least 8-10 chapters. Then, after hearing a lot of new revelations, Sasuke will have a new arc. It will probably be nothing more than "I have to kill Madara". So, that's what, a third of 2008? Makes sense to me. He needs to get this out of the way so he can flesh out other characters and eventually spend the last year on Naruto and his heritage. Naruto defeating Pein is obvious to us now and we're going to see the road he takes to achieve that. Kishi is not stupid, he just made way too many side stories.

Okay I feel better now.

Linkzg said:
This also means Sasuke WONT die in this fight againt Itachi, that also means there is a chance Itachi might be killed.

Well, obviously Sasuke won't die but Itachi is stronger. Which means Itachi will probably, in some capacity, "let him" kill him. Why? Probably something to do with the Sharingan aka plot armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom