• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan.

Ok I thought Naruto was holding my interest for quite an oddly long period. The past two chapters has been the most utterly meaningless chapters iv'e ever read, even for naruto. I seriously think i'm going to take a break until this fight is done. When it's not naruto himself popping bunshins it's sasuke popping snakes/genjutsu or Itachi popping crows/genjutsu. Plus there's the other meaningless fight with Kisame that i'm really not interested in, that i'm sure Kishi will veer off to visit.

As for One piece all I can say is thank goodness i'm back into this manga. I know everyone seems to have this zoro obsession but he's the most annoying member of the crew I find. Second only to sanji (and i'm actually beggining to like sanji after all this while). He always has to hog the spotlight when Luffy's incapacitated or just out of bounds. Remind us all about how important it is for him to fight alone. The continuous insistance of pretending to be strong enough even when he's visably wiped out. I wish he'd just save it all. He's about the only character thats just one dimentional throughout the entire series. He just seems too angst all the time for me.

Lately he just seems even more obsessed with it than any other crew member. It's just gotten to the point where I think he's about the only one I wouldn't miss if he fell into the sea never to return. Anyway that little rant aside the way they mentioned Kuma's bounty being below moira's seems like they're planning on bopping him off. Or at least making it seem like he'll be an easier enemy. I'm so torn though I really like Kuma, but he's not going anywhere without luffy. Plus it seems like knocking off the Schichibukai's is preparing the crew for an even bigger threat in the new world.

grandjedi6 said:
One Piece was awesome like usual. I liked how Sanji, Zoro and Ussop all tried but failed. Also there is something oddly adorable about Robin, the morbid assassin, thinking about cute kittens in the middle of the fight :lol

It's so odd you mention that though, robin reminds me of that girl from azumanga that keeps getting bitten by cats.

Snaku

Banned
As expected,
Sasuke genjutsu'd his genjutsu to deliver the killing blow. But I'm sure Itachi genjutsu'd his counter genjutsu and is actually eating ice cream off in the corner.

Or he's actually dead.
:lol Talk about anti-climatic, Kishi. At least we can hopefully move on from this tired ass storyline.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If they've really killed of Itachi this easily, think I'm done with Naruto, it's just stupid how easily they're killing off characters these days. Especially considering these are supposed to be some of the strongest ninjas in the Naruto world.

My god,
I've never hated genjutsu SO MUCH BEFORE. It's like a "logical" cop out to say any event shown didn't really happen and it essentially amounted to an entire chapter of no progress at all, besides showing that Sasuke has actually developed (which we already knew from his fight with Deidara)

Im not sure if I ever looked forward to seeing an manga character get their as kicked as much as I anticipate Sasuke getting beaten down...has the mangaka turned into a Sasuke fanboy??

Zoe

Honestly, I question if Kishimoto is really as huge a fan of Sasuke as everybody thinks. I think it's the Jump editors pulling the strings to get more sales.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zoe said:
Honestly, I question if Kishimoto is really as huge a fan of Sasuke as everybody thinks. I think it's the Jump editors pulling the strings to get more sales.

This is possible. Jump editors have told Oda what to do in One Piece, so it is possible they're the ones forcing Sasuke into the spotlight

neptunes

NARUTO:

This fight is not over, they've had fights in the filler arcs that have been longer than this, but this has me thinking...

how much longer are they going to rely on this genjutsu technique? like mentioned earlier this type of illusionary fighting isn't exactly interesting when both parties fight like this, constantly one up-ing each other. when do they draw the line?

Zoe said:

He's not. In every interview, he talks about how much he likes Naruto and compares him to other characters. He made Sasuke to be the "cool guy" who never has to work for anything.

Naruto fans have manipulated and trashed logic in order to make sure everyone believes Kishi has more love for Sasuke. It's horrible.

VegaShinra

neptunes said:
NARUTO:

This fight is not over, they've had fights in the filler arcs that have been longer than this, but this has me thinking...

how much longer are they going to rely on this genjutsu technique? like mentioned earlier this type of illusionary fighting isn't exactly interesting when both parties fight like this, constantly one up-ing each other. when do they draw the line?
I can't see Itachi getting killed here without showing off some insane techniques. Sasuke has taken out the D-man and Orchimaru, so he needs to get his ass kicked by Itachi and come to realize he just can't surpass him. Then as the series moves on, Naruto and Sasuke will defeat both Itachi and Madara. If Itachi is killed here by Sasuke then it will be dull and lame that Sasuke actually achieved his dream of beating him.

Docpan

Itachi will win. I'm sure of that.

Naruto will be the one to defeat Itachi. After Sasuke's win is stolen from him, the two will be pitted against each other once again. However, they'll end up working together to defeat Pein.

I can just see it happening.

I read upto the current chapter of Katekyo Hitman Reborn and I think it is actually pretty alright. I mean, it is much better than dogshit Bleach IMO.

I think it started out poor, but the arc started with [spoiled]Rokudo Mukuro[/spoiler] started to show promise. The entire
Varia/Xanxus
arc was pretty awesome and the current one is good despite the enemies being really lame (like Gensuru from HxH lame). I do like how seemingly minor things from older chapters becomes relevant later on and old things arent forgotten and it doesnt seem like the author is making shit up and he goes along.

next challenge is getting into One Piece...this is gonna take a while.

grandjedi6

One Piece 485 (big spoilers)

Chapter cover: Karoo fishing (I guess this confirms that the duck is a honorary strawhat equal to Vivi)

Chapter Title:
Strawhat Crew member - Pirate Hunter Zoro

Everyone is knocked out by Kuma's attack. But before he can finish off Luffy, Zoro slashes Kuma revealing that Kuma is a cyborg. Kuma is different than Franky and is called a Pacifista, the marines yet to be completed ultimate weapon. Apparently Kuma was created by the genius scientist Vegabank. Zoro tries to barter with Kuma to take his life instead of Luffy's. But then Sanji appears and tries to barter his life instead of Zoro's, but before he can, Zoro knocks Sanji out. Kuma then draws out Luffy's pain and fatigue from his body and challenges Zoro to live up to his word and take Luffy's "torment". However the pain will kill Zoro. Zoro agrees and goes out into the forest alone. Zoro takes Luffy's "torment" and something terrible happens.

Kuma is then seen gazing out into the ocean saying "What a son you have, Dragon. He has great nakama"

All the strawhats wake up and Luffy is energetic. Sanji then runs out looking for Zoro. Sanji then discoveres the swordless Zoro covered in blood

Sanji-"what is with this blood? what happened here?"

Zoro - "Nothing happened at all!"

source: apforums

Looks like fan predicitons were correct, again.

MS controls Kyuubi, Madara was involved with the Uchiha massacre.

Hmm, nice way to extend Sasuke's story. Madara is going to be next on his list but I'm betting he won't kill him alone.

Zoe

^ zzzzzzzzzz

No Gintama this week :(

Bleach is finally heading into what looks like the final battle for this arc. THANK GOD.

harSon

Banned
Ark-AMN said:
Naruto looks like it is heading towards a tag team finale with Naruto/Sasuke vs. Pain/Madara

Naruto looks like it's heading towards the shitter. It's been having some pretty horrid plot twists lately...

It would be interesting to see how this all pans out.

if it is revealed that Madara attacked Konoha on purpose with the Kyuubi thaen that would be something.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Still want to know what Pain and Madara need with eachother. Obviously the two need something from one another in order to make their goals happen. I'm also wondering how much they know about eachother's plans too? Although, when Tobi first made his Madara revelation, he did speak about the whole "true power of the Sharingan" right in front of Pain and Konan, so it's not that.

Oh well, looking foward to seeing what happens. Hopefully we'll get back to Madara vs. Team 8 soon.

Linkzg said:
It would be interesting to see how this all pans out.

if it is revealed that Madara attacked Konoha on purpose with the Kyuubi thaen that would be something.

Yeah I want to know why he became so evil. Uchihas are such assholes, they won't survive this series. I guarantee Sasuke will be the last Uchiha and he will be blind (maybe dead depending on how much Kishi wants to redeem him).

Yeah, the last battle is Madara/Pein vs. Naruto/Sasuke. It's been obvious for a while but confirmed now.

Deadly Monk said:
Yeah I want to know why he became so evil. Uchihas are such assholes, they won't survive this series. I guarantee Sasuke will be the last Uchiha and he will be blind (maybe dead depending on how much Kishi wants to redeem him).

Yeah, the last battle is Madara/Pein vs. Naruto/Sasuke. It's been obvious for a while but confirmed now.

Sasuke should be killed before killing Madara, I think an unheroic death would be fitting for him once he is aware of the fact that he is no better than Itachi and is a traitor that has been used by Madara the whole time.

plus if Sasuke did beat Madara and lived, there would be this whole stupid thing where Sasuke either comes back to Konoha like he never was a traitor or he travels around the Naruto world a man who is hunted by the law.

I think the best is if he was killed by Shino or someone who isnt very important, that would be hilarious. Actually getting killed by Sai would be better pain for Sasuke.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
grandjedi6 said:

Chapter cover: Karoo fishing (I guess this confirms that the duck is a honorary strawhat equal to Vivi)

Chapter Title:

Everyone is knocked out by Kuma's attack. But before he can finish off Luffy, Zoro slashes Kuma revealing that Kuma is a cyborg. Kuma is different than Franky and is called a Pacifista, the marines yet to be completed ultimate weapon. Apparently Kuma was created by the genius scientist Vegabank. Zoro tries to barter with Kuma to take his life instead of Luffy's. But then Sanji appears and tries to barter his life instead of Zoro's, but before he can, Zoro knocks Sanji out. Kuma then draws out Luffy's pain and fatigue from his body and challenges Zoro to live up to his word and take Luffy's "torment". However the pain will kill Zoro. Zoro agrees and goes out into the forest alone. Zoro takes Luffy's "torment" and something terrible happens.

Kuma is then seen gazing out into the ocean saying "What a son you have, Dragon. He has great nakama"

All the strawhats wake up and Luffy is energetic. Sanji then runs out looking for Zoro. Sanji then discoveres the swordless Zoro covered in blood

What the hell happened?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
grandjedi6 said:

Chapter Title:

please dont tell me that means what i think that means... i dont want brooke to be a member of the strawhats that damn bad....

So it's been confirmed in chapter 385 that the Mangekyou Sharingan makes one go blind. I know there was some confusion when Kakkashi mentioned it to Itachi. I wonder how Kakkashi found out though...

This "Tobi/Madara vs all" thing is boring though... Kishimotto needs to move on. I doubt Tobi will reveal himself.

VegaShinra

BlackGoku03 said:
So it's been confirmed in chapter 385 that the Mangekyou Sharingan makes one go blind. I know there was some confusion when Kakkashi mentioned it to Itachi. I wonder how Kakkashi found out though...

This "Tobi/Madara vs all" thing is boring though... Kishimotto needs to move on. I doubt Tobi will reveal himself.
Did they say go blind or does the Mangekyo Sharingan just lose its abilities. Like you use that type of Sharingan and resort to a normal one once again? This Itachi vs Sasuke battle is going to take a while I think also. I still don't see Itachi being taken out right now either.

Ark-AMN

Banned
It truly is amazing the delusions the Uchiha-lovers put themselves through. Believing that this snore-fest of a staring contenst is amazing while panning the Jiraiya/Pain battle as "boring".

Even Zetsu is bored. :D

Actually, it's pretty insane to see just how fast Zetsu can travel, in like a second he's gone from talking to Pain in Amegakure to the Uchiha place in Konoha.

VegaShinra said:
Did they say go blind or does the Mangekyo Sharingan just lose its abilities. Like you use that type of Sharingan and resort to a normal one once again? This Itachi vs Sasuke battle is going to take a while I think also. I still don't see Itachi being taken out right now either.

From the script:

Itachi: The Mangekyou Sharingan, has a unique characteristic.

From the day you awaken it, your eyes slowly descend into darkness.
The more you use them, the quicker the process moves.

Sasuke: What's that supposed to mean?

Itachi: The kaleidoscope will eventually lose its light.

Sasuke: Blindness... So that's the price you pay for gaining control of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox?

Itachi: Well, well. You actually listened to me and read the tablets in the secret meeting room?

Yeah, you lose your sight, not the ability to use it. Well... with your sight goes the ability to use it but you get what I'm saying.

BlackGoku03 said:
Considering he obtained Mangekyou also, Kakashi probably learned quick about it's side effects, especially since he's not part of the bloodline.

All those Blind Itachi pics way back when are justified now. :lol

Ark-AMN

Banned
Itachi specifically states that using Mangekyo will eventually lead to blindness. How Kakashi found out is interesting, but then again, how he even got a Mangekyo to begin with is still unknown.

Judging from the way this chapter ended with the focus on Madara, I wouldn't be suprised if next chapter immediatly jumps back to Tobi vs. Team 8.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
New Gantz chapter....But I think everything else in life is pointless now:lol
Gantz 265
So they just released the boss...its hundreds of nekkid women forming a giant one who smothers you to death:lol ...But it doesn't end there. So they have a guy who is a total sex-addict. Well...So he gets traps by them...about but to be smothered...**** NO. No I mean....**** No lol....He starts to fuck his out out of it:lol And the final scene is him going in the mouth :lol Jesus Christ on a stick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
shintoki said:
New Gantz chapter....But I think everything else in life is pointless now:lol
Gantz 265
So they just released the boss...its hundreds of nekkid women forming a giant one who smothers you to death:lol ...But it doesn't end there. So they have a guy who is a total sex-addict. Well...So he gets traps by them...about but to be smothered...**** NO. No I mean....**** No lol....He starts to fuck his out out of it:lol And the final scene is him going in the mouth :lol Jesus Christ on a stick

I haven't read Gantz since the end of the first half but no way...I have to go see.

edit: Well I'm speechless. :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kave_Man said:
I haven't read Gantz since the end of the first half but no way...I have to go see.

edit: Well I'm speechless. :lol
Dam indeed....I was panicking on where do I post this lol. My first thought was make a new thread for it:lol

I wanna see someone cosplay that Mother****Er:lol

\Well....Someone just made a thread of the next one piece one:lol even though no matter what it is...not as good as this one:lol

Bebpo

Banned
Naruto = ughughugh. Isn't this everyone predicted? Long fight for months with probably neither dead and Sasuke finds out about Madara and it's just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The Jiraiya fight was the best thing since the timeskip but then it ended terrible and now we're back to stare-a-thon for weeks on end.

Bleach = I don't even read it anymore at this point. Just look at the pictures. Extending the manga for a 2nd arc and dragging it on forever to rack in the $$$ was the worst thing ever for Bleach. Manga-ka sold out.

OP = Good, but still sort of a cop out. It's not a huge cop out that would feel unsatisfying since there probably will be repercussions for Zoro during the next arc, but I would've liked a more satisfying way out of the situation.

grandjedi6

One Piece 486 Spoilers

Cover Story: Water 7! Kokoro and the frog are seen first

-Absalom and Hogback escape Thriller Bark.
-Apparently Ace is in Impel Down.
-One of Lola's pirates tells Sanji what happened to Zoro, Robin eavesdrops.
-Luffy knows a song about sake from Shanks, and Robin knows it too.
-Everyone parties.
-Luffy demands that Brook joins the crew. Brook thinks about his years along without his crew.

credit: apforums

Zoe

:lol @ the Bleach popularity results. It's kinda sad that neither Bleach nor Naruto can keep the main characters on top.

^I know. Strange.

Naruto 386 Spoilers:

Itachi speaks about the past. Madara used to have a younger brother. They were both special because they activated their sharingan. They competed with each other as well. They both eventually activated their Mangekyou Sharingan and knowing that one becomes blind after using it, Madara stole his brother's eyes to use as his own. Since then, the eyes still work. That's basically what happens, anyway.

Zoe

Uh... okay, seen spoiler pics for Naruto and this is totally NOT what I was expecting. Can't say I'm thrilled with the new revelations :\

Ark-AMN

Banned
Kind of interesting. The prevailing theory was that Itachi was doing everything for Sasuke's sake. Though, after reading the spoilers, that may not be the case and he wants to duplicate Madara's technique for his own sake.

Maybe Kishi wanted to put a nail in the coffin of those who were wanting so hard to believe that Itachi was not a cold blooded evil psychopath.

Now this is a tangent, but for some reason this change in character reminds me of Zant from Zelda TP. He's calm and collected most of the time, but then at the end, he snaps. :D

EDIT: Hmm, Akatsuki seems to be built around theives. Madara steals eyes, Pain steals bodies, Kakuzu steals hearts...

Ark-AMN

Banned
Well, at least you gotta give Kishi credit for being completely unpredictable. At least, I never would have guessed he'd do this.

I still would like to think that Itachi will become Orochimaru's next vessel.

wow, Sasuke might feel like shit now...this raving lunatic he has been hunting this whole time just wants to harvest his eyes.

Ark-AMN said:
Well, at least you gotta give Kishi credit for being completely unpredictable. At least, I never would have guessed he'd do this.

Itachi transforming into a baby raptor would also be unpredictable, but it wouldent be good (it would actually be awesome, but thats another story.)

I thought it was an interesting twist that kind of makes Itachi into a shit character so you dont care about him anymore so his death wouldent get readers pissed. I mean, this entire time he has just been a little poser bitch who wanted his brothers eyes? the fuck? the best would be if they kill each other now.

Madara did it out of desperation... pretty fucked up. Still doesn't explain why he's still alive.

At first I was wondering if it was true, but some other people confirmed it. I'd post the raws, but I doubt it's allowed.

grandjedi6

So has anyone began reading One Piece since this thread began, cuz you all should

**disclaimer: his message has been paided for by "Friends of Oda"**

Ark-AMN

Banned
Linkzg said:
kind of makes Itachi into a shit character so you dont care about him anymore so his death wouldent get readers pissed.
I disagree.

I didn't want Itachi to become one of those bad guys who really has a secret heart of gold. I enjoy seeing someone so sick and twisted like this. Basically, he slaughtered his clan and made Sasuke's life hell just so that he could harvest him for spare parts. :D

Ark-AMN said:
I disagree.

I didn't want Itachi to become one of those bad guys who really has a secret heart of gold. I enjoy seeing someone so sick and twisted like this. Basically, he slaughtered his clan and made Sasuke's life hell just so that he could harvest him for spare parts. :D

I didnt really want him to turn out to be a nice guy or anything like that, but he went from chill assassin type to bonkers psychopath in this chapter. I liked it more when I knew he killed his clan to test how strong he was, now he kind of seems like a bitch feeling weak compared to Madara and needing to farm his brothers eyes.

if I could post the pictures here to make a point, I would, but I cant.

Zoe

Ark-AMN said:

I would have accepted it better if the timing was different. As it is, Pain and Madara have stolen Itachi's thunder as a psycho villain.

Itachi is not a main villain, he was just viewed as one because we never saw what the others were capable of. The end will be Pein and Naruto's fight but right now, I kind of feel bad for Sasuke. The man he's going to kill is just a psycho. His brother was brought down to earth as far as his powers go in 2 chapters. Kishi's already done this with other Akatsuki members.

God, I can't wait for the Uchiha story to end. Let's not forget, the Rinnegan is more powerful than the Sharingan. Jiraiya is never wrong. I want to see Naruto train for a little while now but I doubt it will happen.

I just want another timeskip so Naruto has longer hair and looks like his dad (even more). All Kishi needs to do is put Naruto in a place where he can't be found by Pein and Madara. Maybe where the Toad Sage lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom