• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bakuman

Hopefully Azuki dies in a fire soon. The fact this has been going on with Mashiro for like 6 years is already has unfortunate implications.

Negima

Chisame continues to be awesome. "You can't just throw stuff into the story like this? Where's the foreshadowing!?" Awesome.

survivor

Banned
Bakuman

I'm getting tired of all these encouragement calls that they all do every couple of chapters. Plus the beginning of the chapter with Azuki and Mashiro was just stupid. Azuki should have just taken the voice acting job and ditch Mashiro. There is no good that will come out of him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
survivor said:
Bakuman

I'm getting tired of all these encouragement calls that they all do every couple of chapters. Plus the beginning of the chapter with Azuki and Mashiro was just stupid. Azuki should have just taken the voice acting job and ditch Mashiro. There is no good that will come out of him.
I'm not sure how they don't realize this "we can't see each other until our dreams come true" thing is so fucking idiotic. It would be fitting if they just break up, or Azuki dies, etc.

survivor

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I'm not sure how they don't realize this "we can't see each other until our dreams come true" thing is so fucking idiotic. It would be fitting if they just break up, or Azuki dies, etc.
I'm wondering if we ever gonna get "Azuki is suffering from a dangerous disease" plot later on. Maybe around the time they are getting the anime. Or alternatively she can just die before they get the anime.

upandaway

survivor said:
I'm wondering if we ever gonna get "Azuki is suffering from a dangerous disease" plot later on. Maybe around the time they are getting the anime. Or alternatively she can just die before they get the anime.
That's terrible

I mean the whole romance is cringe worthy but eww

Angry Grimace

Generic said:
BTW...I just noticed. Naruto is BORN with those whiskers. Wasn't it a running theme that each container have a mark of their beast whenever they are sealed within it? With Naruto being born with those whiskers, it kinda removes all significance from them. They're just birthmarks. Lame.
Presumably becuase, you know, his mother had the Kyuubi in her bellah. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG71286

meg71286_8.jpg

meg71286_2.jpg

meg71286.jpg

Firestorm

This is the first week I remember being really interested in Naruto in a long, long time.

Also, holy shit @ bloody Whitebeard statue.

Himuro said:
Stay out of this thread if you don't want to be spoiled. Head to the official One Piece thread to discuss One Piece without fear of manga spoilers. When you're caught back up, come back!
Well, the thing is, I have no problems with text spoilers. I can overlook them just fine. But those pictures? Well, that's not so easy. But then again, it looks just badass. Now I'm curious how that happened. Can't wait to read it.

tenchir

I wonder if Oda will ever introduce bounty hunters that are capable of capturing these +100 million berries bounties? The only bounty hunter I remember was Zoro before he joined Luffy and his partners.

upandaway

Anth0ny said:
$100? So be it.

*pre-fucking-orders*

Also, anyone have the balls (and steady hands) to do this to their Whitebeard POP?

http://imgur.com/1LhSn.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/8ykFo.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/odnPJ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's the best figure I've ever seen.

I would pay $100 to have that thing. I assume it's not any official thing?

[QUOTE=tenchir]I wonder if Oda will ever introduce bounty hunters that are capable of capturing these +100 million berries bounties? The only bounty hunter I remember was Zoro before he joined Luffy and his partners.[/QUOTE]
I think he's content with bounties just being power levels at this point.

tenchir said:
I wonder if Oda will ever introduce bounty hunters that are capable of capturing these +100 million berries bounties? The only bounty hunter I remember was Zoro before he joined Luffy and his partners.

Yeah, the severe lack of bounty hunters in the series has been disappointing to say the least. I'm hoping there's some crazy ones in the New World that can take down a 1 billion berri bounty.

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, the severe lack of bounty hunters in the series has been disappointing to say the least. I'm hoping there's some crazy ones in the New World that can take down a 1 billion berri bounty.

lol how big is this new world? It cant be that, if there are bounty hunters, they are all only there.

Angry Grimace

KNIM

The only redeeming feature of this series so far is multi-angle shots of Eba getting hit by that other girl.

Now someone needs to beat the shit out of Haruto, possibly even break a limb or two.

dabig2

Anth0ny said:
$100? So be it.

*pre-fucking-orders*

Also, anyone have the balls (and steady hands) to do this to their Whitebeard POP?

http://imgur.com/1LhSn.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/8ykFo.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/odnPJ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol holy shit

SaintR

SaintR said:
Sorry guys but a quick question. I stumbled upon a baseball manga recently and can't for the life of me remember the name of it. The main character used to be an ace pitcher but throws out his arm after a surgery like in the first chapter or 2; he's suppose to become the cleanup batter (inferred in the opening of the manga). I think its only on chapter 7 or 8(or that's what I read so far), so any help would be appreciated
I apologize for qouting myself and being such a begging peasant ( last time i'll ask sorry)...if anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate it

Angry Grimace

GE

I like how main bloke's whole confession thing with Ryukia was completely and randomly forgotten, like she just said nothing and nothing happened and it went back to them being friends without even bringing it up again. And then predictably, every single girl now is now after his balls (futility, of course)

Blackhead

Redarse
I've fallen behind on the weeklies :( I can't find a good spot to download them and I don't like the experience of the online readers.

Anyway, has flawfuls been on GAF today? Looking forward to his pick of the week.

SaintR said:
I apologize for qouting myself and being such a begging peasant ( last time i'll ask sorry)...if anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate it

Could be Major? I mean, that's not exactly how the story works in that manga, but it does happen to someone early on.

Lain

While we're on the subject of helping people remember a manga title, anyone remember the title of a basketball manga where there is this sort of mediocre player who is awesome at not being noticed, so his passes are incredible and he's the ghost genius player of his old team or something.

flawfuls

Charred Greyface said:
I've fallen behind on the weeklies :( I can't find a good spot to download them and I don't like the experience of the online readers.

Anyway, has flawfuls been on GAF today? Looking forward to his pick of the week.

Oh I almost forgot it was Friday. I'll write something up now.

flawfuls, if you wanna go upbeat, may as well get National Quiz out of the way right now. ;)

Lain said:
While we're on the subject of helping people remember a manga title, anyone remember the title of a basketball manga where there is this sort of mediocre player who is awesome at not being noticed, so his passes are incredible and he's the ghost genius player of his old team or something.

Sounds like (looking at Wikipedia): Kuroko no Busuke, which is still ongoing...

Dresden

Psyren:

It's so odd to see shonen protagonists be so up-front about their feelings. This whole "I like you" thing sounds like a kiss of death for Amamiya, though.

flawfuls

Manga of the Week

This week's manga is Witches by Daisuke Igarashi. Daisuke Igarashi is my favourite mangaka and this is his probably his best work.
It's made up of a few fairly fleshed out stories. The artwork is absolutely incredible, it may be the most beautiful looking manga I've ever read.
The ideas the stories are based around are really interesting are original and the writing itself is several notches above most manga.
Seriously this manga is fantastic, if I can only get you to read one thing read this.

Read online here
Download here

A wildly imaginitive trek into the deepest realms of human beliefs and the mysteries of the universe.
Daisuke Igarashi's amazing pen can recreate anything he can imagine on paper, resulting in beautifully chaotic, maddeningly detailed scrawls of pure wonder.
A true celebration of the human imagination.

When deep emotions come to the head, the witch that dwells in the heart awakens - the gorgeous and literary illusory tales begin.

Majo won the Excellence Prize in the Manga Division at Japan Media Arts Festival in 2004.

263h66p.jpg

241jec4.jpg

2mc8t3q.jpg

Blackhead

Redarse
flawfuls said:
Manga of the Week

This week's manga is Witches by Daisuke Igarashi. Daisuke Igarashi is my favourite mangaka and this is his probably his best work.
It's made up of a few fairly fleshed out stories. The artwork is absolutely incredible, it may be the most beautiful looking manga I've ever read.
The ideas the stories are based around are really interesting are original and the writing itself is several notches above most manga.
Seriously this manga is fantastic, if I can only get you to read one thing read this.

Read online here
Download here
:D thanks.

SaintR

Crazymoogle said:
Could be Major? I mean, that's not exactly how the story works in that manga, but it does happen to someone early on.
I don't think that's it...its kinda a long name...but thanks a lot for responding... i'll keep trying to jog my memory

SaintR said:

If it helps, I know what you're talking about, I just can't remember the name. Now it will drive me crazy.

Stopper Busujima?

I'm trying to think of all the baseball manga I've read.

Linkzg said:
If it helps, I know what you're talking about, I just can't remember the name. Now it will drive me crazy.

Stopper Busujima?

I'm trying to think of all the baseball manga I've read.

Not to interject, but didnt he find what he was looking for already? lol? Or am I missing something.

EDIT: Oh two people were looking, lol, I did miss something

Angry Grimace

Himuro said:
Thanks for last week, Flawfuls! Loved it!

Naruto

Can someone explain how Naruto's history is supposed to work? If he's the son of the 4th and a part of the fabled Uzamaki clan. Even if he ha the fox in him, surely people understand that he is merely a CONTAINER? Plus, he was the 4th's son. Why would they disrespect him simply because of the fox when it should be obvious why the fox is inside of him?

Arc gets too much hate.
It's perfectly possible that it wasn't well known among Konoha's citizens that Mito or Kushina were the hosts of the 9 Tails.

In fact, it seems more likely that way, because everyone told the story such that the fox was some kind of "natural disaster" and acted as though the fox had no particular connection to Konohagakure at all and just randomly showed up, even though the Fox was clearly associated with the Leaf in particular since Hashirama was allegedly the one who captured all the beasts and spread them from town to town.

If everyone had known that Mito and Kushina were jinchuuriki, they probably would have suspected someone had released it from the allied hosts.

They definetely did not know Naruto was Minato's son; the Third chose not to tell anyone on the (very random) grounds that "there might be trouble" if people knew he was the Fourth's son (which of course, makes absolutely no sense, because Minato just claims the third sealed all information about the fox, but that makes no sense why Minato being related to Naruto would have anything to do with it).

Of course, there's then another pretty large plot hole here, which is,
08.jpg

Which of course, doesn't even remotely jive with what Kushina is saying.

Angry Grimace

Himuro said:
I just don't get why they'd want to want keep Naruto being the son of the 4th hidden. Okay, it makes sense for dramatic storyline purposes, but still!
It makes no sense; at best, Kushina's story vs. Minato's vs. what we knew has holes, and at worst, they all directly contradict each other in parts.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Himuro said:
You'd think that the Third would be all...

"You know what? You people are fools for making this boy feel like crap. He's the son of the 4th Hokage and eir to the Uzamaki bloodline. For now, he's living at my place."

But nooo, let's have Naruto drink spoiled milk and feel utterly worthless.

:lol
It helped him build character. Imagine if he turned out like poor Sasuke-kun, only searching for revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom