• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Dammit, I can't believe I'm actually contemplating PURCHASING a freaking ad.

...but that Ninja Blade theme sounds tempting.

Flyguy

icecream said:
Ninja Blade one:

nb03.jpg

Your avatar parts, please show them to us.

Gorki247

Flyguy said:
Your avatar parts, please show them to us.
I suspect this may be a case of 'lost in translation'. The 'Avatar parts' seems to refer to the Avatar backgrounds, not outfits or such.

X26

Banned
I hope avatar parts will start coming with retail games, and that the only option won't be to buy these 250pt ads

...bwahaha, yea I know, not going to happen.

Anyways, some of these look nice tohugh

Ten-Song

X26 said:
I hope avatar parts will start coming with retail games, and that the only option won't be to buy these 250pt ads

...bwahaha, yea I know, not going to happen.

Anyways, some of these look nice tohugh

Eh, there were a few cool gamer pics and themes that were given away as promos or for free in the old dashboard days, it's not entirely out of the question.

i think the specific theme for that game should load while the disk is in the tray. similar as to how the ps3 gives a little wallpaper and music from the game. but in this case on the xbox and with all the friends backgrounds and permanently loaded while the disk is in the tray until swapped out with a diffrent game.

Gorki247 said:
I suspect this may be a case of 'lost in translation'. The 'Avatar parts' seems to refer to the Avatar backgrounds, not outfits or such.
You are probably correct. I am willing to waste money on a good avatar ninja outfit, though. (preferably Hayabusa or a generic ninja, the Ninja Blade guy looks dumb)

Wizpig

Major Nelson on his blog majornelson.com said:
I agree on the ability to preview. I have told the team we should do this.
So yeah, good.
I'd like this fix too but, actually, i'd rather see those prices drop.
A theme is 250 points, almost 300; a game DLC like Darth Vader is 400, not to mention DLCs like Bring down the Sky.
Come on, jesus.

Shahadan

It would be cool if we could get unique themes (and/or pictures/clothes/whatever) by getting all the achievements in a game or something. Or by gamerscore, something like "10 000G allows this content".

That would be another reason to encourage people to play and finish their games. And for gscore and achievements to be finally useful

Kuroyume

Banned
A Rez theme would be amazing. I don't know if they would bother with that. Both Rez HD and Lumines Live don't have their own game art on their NXE pageS. Obviously, they're older titles and I don't expect devs to go back and bother with that, but both N+ and Alien Hominid HD have it.

datamage

It would be cool if we could get unique themes (and/or pictures/clothes/whatever) by getting all the achievements in a game or something. Or by gamerscore, something like "10 000G allows this content".

That would be another reason to encourage people to play and finish their games. And for gscore and achievements to be finally useful

Yes. I've been saying this since the launch of the 360. Your gamerscore should give you some sort of benefit. Unlocking themes/avatar stuff would be a nice incentive.

Ninja Blade is cool.

I have noticed there is a new theme in Japanese Marketplace for Agarest Senki. But is only 140 pts. So is it Premium? Anyone have pictures of it?

EDITED: sorry, I just noticed it: it is only gamerpics.

Anyone else wish that EVERY game had an image for the 'Play Game' square? It's such a cool little touch and when I put in an older game (seriously? PGR4?!?) and I just get that lame green square I'm like, "Come on."

I'm ridiculous aren't I...

Ok so I just checked the Japanese Marketplace. The Ninja Blade theme is up already. Can I just add points to that account and download it? And will it also be available for Europe/US ?

BenjaminBirdie said:
Anyone else wish that EVERY game had an image for the 'Play Game' square? It's such a cool little touch and when I put in an older game (seriously? PGR4?!?) and I just get that lame green square I'm like, "Come on."

I'm ridiculous aren't I...
No you're not especially since games like Mass Effect or even friggin Oblivion from 2006 have a background and had it right from the start of the update, seeing that a new game like FIFA09 doesn't have one is ridiculous...

Hellraizer said:
No you're not especially since games like Mass Effect or even friggin Oblivion from 2006 have a background and had it right from the start of the update, seeing that a new game like FIFA09 doesn't have one is ridiculous...
I get the feeling it depends on the game and the publisher.

TheGreatDave said:
I hope they update all that kind of stuff for older games. How much effort can it take, really?
Hell, I would even contribute a weekend to creating a bunch of 300x300 jpgs for old games. It wouldn't be hard :(

Hellraizer said:

Crackdown has one and PGR4 doesn't. That's so...odd.

TheGreatDave said:
Aren't the PGR guys no longer with MS? Could be an issue.

Possibly. But it is published by MGS. You'd think they have the art avaialble...

Also:
Table Tennis
Dead Rising
Earth Defense Force (kind of expected that one)

:(

sruckus

Are you guys talking about a full art graphic filling the green "play game" square, or a little graphic in the bottom right hand corner? Because I only see the little graphic for halo 3. I wish it filled the whole block.

xcrunner529 said:
Are you guys talking about a full art graphic filling the green "play game" square, or a little graphic in the bottom right hand corner? Because I only see the little graphic for halo 3. I wish it filled the whole block.

Are you logged onto Live? Halo 3 DEFINITELY has the big image behind the little graphic.

sruckus

BenjaminBirdie said:
Are you logged onto Live? Halo 3 DEFINITELY has the big image behind the little graphic.

Man something is seriously f'd up with my xbox. I think its my fault for installing the leaked update or something....can't access the marketplace, or even see the spotlight tab and get errors about parts of live not being able to be loaded. But I can still play online and access friend lists. WTF!? Any ideas to fix it? I called xbox support yesterday but I of course they pulled the "the marketplace is down right now" card which I doubt was true.

xcrunner529 said:
Man something is seriously f'd up with my xbox. I think its my fault for installing the leaked update or something....can't access the marketplace, or even see the spotlight tab and get errors about parts of live not being able to be loaded. But I can still play online and access friend lists. WTF!? Any ideas to fix it? I called xbox support yesterday but I of course they pulled the "the marketplace is down right now" card which I doubt was true.

Caveat Emptor when your dealing with leaked stuff, I guess.

Hell let's go back and have Bioware hoook us up with a Mass Effect premium theme. Some of the ones hat came with the special collectors edition were truly awesome. I'd love to see what the Bioware artists could whip up!

MoogPaul

The Ninja Blade theme is obviously the prettiest.

By the way, all pre-orders for games should come with a theme if it exists for the game. Anything else would be uncivilized.

They seriously need to bring back the free gamerpics/themes for different seasons. I've got some old Christmas/Halloween/St. Patrick's Day pics and themes that I got for free waaaay back when the 360 was released. Now it seems like the only company that is making seasonal stuff is Disruptive Publishers...and they haven't put anything out in a long time. I would love to have a premium winter theme that had a snowy background and maybe things like igloos and fireplaces on the "Friends" blades.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Stormwatch said:
They seriously need to bring back the free gamerpics/themes for different seasons. I've got some old Christmas/Halloween/St. Patrick's Day pics and themes that I got for free waaaay back when the 360 was released. Now it seems like the only company that is making seasonal stuff is Disruptive Publishers...and they haven't put anything out in a long time. I would love to have a premium winter theme that had a snowy background and maybe things like igloos and fireplaces on the "Friends" blades.
Well, they are supposed to be doing seasonal clothing for Avatars, so who knows. I got a feeling you're going to be disappointed.

I'm currently sporting my old Kameo Holidays Theme.

Top Bottom