• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

Superfrog

Well, I'll probably buy a premium theme, it'll be either Halo or Halo Wars. Does anyone know both themes and can compare the 3D things behind the avatars in the friends list (Warthog, Ghost etc.)? Do they use the same assets? Which one is the one to buy? I hate the generic characters in the background of the Halo Wars theme, so in terms of backgrounds, I prefer the Halo theme...

Damn, if only MS would offer previews of the themes, it's a shame.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Ken Masters said:
Is the SFHD theme supposed to come out Wednesday? I'm interested to see how it turns out

This is what I'm wondering... Hoping to see pics of the Street Fighter theme before purchasing. I'm going to go with either Street Fighter, Castle Crashers, or Ninja Blade if anyone ever shows us ninja avatar parts.

TDG

Banned
Man, some of these look really nice. Too bad they're so expensive, no way I can justify paying 250mp for these.

There are some new premium themes on the marketplace:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/033f0002-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307ed

is there but web marketplace lists others that are not still up (I get an error when I enter the pages):

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/OfferRedirect.ashx?Id=00000000-0000-4003-803f-000a435207d4

Battlestar Galactica: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/OfferRedirect.ashx?Id=00000000-0000-4003-803f-00014e4507d2

Battlestar Galactica could be cool.

Anyone already grabbed the Banjo one? Please post pictures.

Chiaroscuro said:
There are some new premium themes on the marketplace:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/033f0002-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307ed

is there but web marketplace lists others that are not still up (I get an error when I enter the pages):

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/OfferRedirect.ashx?Id=00000000-0000-4003-803f-000a435207d4

Battlestar Galactica: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/OfferRedirect.ashx?Id=00000000-0000-4003-803f-00014e4507d2

Battlestar Galactica could be cool.

Anyone already grabbed the Banjo one? Please post pictures.

Oh man, BANJO!!!!

Banjo theme looks phenomenal. (No pics, sorry.)

Background is Spiral Mountain with the Grunty cave.

Friends Backdrops are
- Terrarium Stuff
- Log Box Stuff
- Jiggoseum Stuff
- Nutty Acres Stuff
- Banjo Land Stuff (the best one)

A MUST HAVE for any Banj' fan.

I'm guessing Theme Twoie (this is "Oneie") will be all Showdown Town all the time.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Banjo theme looks phenomenal. (No pics, sorry.)

Background is Spiral Mountain with the Grunty cave.

Friends Backdrops are
- Terrarium Stuff
- Log Box Stuff
- Jiggoseum Stuff
- Nutty Acres Stuff
- Banjo Land Stuff (the best one)

A MUST HAVE for any Banj' fan.

I'm guessing Theme Twoie (this is "Oneie") will be all Showdown Town all the time.

Pictures, pleeeeeeaaase!

Chiaroscuro said:
Pictures, pleeeeeeaaase!

:lol

Oh fucking man.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

34fmcs9.jpg

Ha ha ha ha...ahhhh.

*ahem*

Yeah, I warned you.

Anyone bought the Ninja Blade theme from the Japanese marketplace? It is supposed to come with 5 pieces of ninja clothes for your avatar. I want to take a look on them before spending 20 bucks in 700 Japanese points. Are they worth?

Sean

Banned
Banjo theme = blind purchase. here's some pics, taken with my iphone so not the best quality but gives an idea..

banjonxedashd8480.jpg

closeup of some of the friend backdrops:
banjonxefriendlist1eb98.jpg
banjonxefriendlist2d2394.jpg

Kuroyume said:
That kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of looks like the Banjo-Kazooie logo.

It kiiiiiiiiiiiind of is.

Also, the four "blades" are Spiral Mountain at different times of day. Kind of a cool effect if you're into it. I wonder if that Viva Pinata one shifts out of that grey background on different pages...

Hmmm....

BenjaminBirdie said:

Oh fucking man.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Ha ha ha ha...ahhhh.

*ahem*

Yeah, I warned you.

Thanks! You may not win a prize for your picture skills but at least we can take a look on the theme! (could you have take the picture closer to the screen?)

Sean said:
Banjo theme = blind purchase. here's some pics, taken with my iphone so not the best quality but gives an idea..

Hi5!

And trust me, those are the best quality.

;D

Chiaroscuro said:
Thanks! You may not win a prize for your picture skills but at least we can take a look on the theme! (could you have take the picture closer to the screen?)

Look up for a neat surprise!

:D

Psychotext said:
One question on the banjo theme... is it just the spiral mountain background or are there others?

Like I said, bro! It's Spiral Mountain, same shot, at the four times of day all the levels have.

;D

Oh... I've only had 3 coffees so far today so I didn't actually see that through my blurry morning vision

/goes to make another 2

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I still think they should give the theme when you buy the game. Maybe a lesser version or something.

I really want to get the Banjo theme, but 250 just for a theme, its gonna be hard to cough up the money :D

ShinAmano

Does anyone have a template to make a background with the dimensions the circle takes up? I don't even know if that makes sense...:lol

BattleStar is already on the marketplace???? I cannot add it to my queue via web, says file not found.

Anyone already bought it? As usual, please pictures! :D

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, if you own the original "Hope Runs Deep" and "Bare Your Teeth" themes for Gears of War 2, you can get the premium versions for free.

Simply delete the old themes from your hard drive then go to your download history and redownload them. They should be bigger in size now.

And voila, instant premium versions for no cost.

RBH

Sean said:

banjonxedashd8480.jpg

closeup of some of the friend backdrops:
banjonxefriendlist1eb98.jpg
banjonxefriendlist2d2394.jpg
That's hot.

Sanjuro

Flyguy said:
Sexy time. I nominate you to take the plunge and post pictures of a fully functional ATHF theme.
I probably will. Too busy playing Street Fighter though. I was actually waiting to download that map along with the game this morning. =(

watership

TDG said:
Man, some of these look really nice. Too bad they're so expensive, no way I can justify paying 250mp for these.

This is the thing about weird perception of online products: Anything that's not free is considered a rip off. 250MP seems high until you see something you really really want, suddenly it doesn't matter because it's only 3 dollars. This makes me crazy when games like Castle Crashers gets bitched on because of it's price yet if it was sold as a disc game, I'm sure many would have bought it for $59.99.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Banjo theme definitely bought, the gears them I have is just to dark for my taste (free one with gamestop midnight launch)

Grecco

If you have the original Bare your teeth and hope runs deep themes (Way back when G2 was announced) you delete them and redownload them and get the premium versions btw

Sanjuro

Grecco said:
If you have the original Bare your teeth and hope runs deep themes (Way back when G2 was announced) you delete them and redownload them and get the premium versions btw
Very nice!

Grecco said:
edit - tell a lie, I found them... 295 items into my download history :lol

Top Bottom