• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official pre-offical ESPN Football 2005 Xbox league interest thread!

since no one knows with 100% accuracy HOW espn 2005's online league/franchise/etc setup will be, i just wanted to post to see if there is enough interest here on the boards to get (POSSIBLY!) a 32 man league going! this isn't a definite commitment, but lets see how many people would be interested. but keep in mind these facts:

1. you will have to have time in your busy schedule to be part of the league!

2. some people will have to get the sucky teams. but dont whine, cause im pretty sure i'm getting a team in the bottom 5 ratings wise. dont worry, EA and VC will wise up when the regular season starts, but the niner pre-season persecution will happen...

3. last years league was incredibly fun for those of us who stuck in it. the only thing that ruined the experience was how sega handled the playoff seeding and so on... unacceptable, but i doubt it will be like that again.

4. we know there are going to be money plays and cheesy plays, and i'm not one to restrict how someone plays, but we like legit players. you want to pass 50 times a game i dont care. but going for it on 4th and 20 in the 1st quarter or running the same play every game just isn't fun for anyone. so keep in mind we want as much of a sim league as possible.

5. remember this is only to gauge interest... for now!

p.s. i'll also see who is interested in a GA madden league if and when EA officially announces online leagues...

Rodriguez

I'm definitely interested in joining.

Gamertag: Phantom Goal
Team Picks: 1. Patriots, 2. Bills, 3. Jets, 4. Jaguars

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hmmm, i'd like to give this a shot, but my gaming schedule is pretty sporadic. meeting up for games could be a problem....

that and, i'm not a football gamer. i'd probably suck pretty bad.

i am interested in trying to play a few games with peeps though

well, this is just to see how many people we could possibly get. i know there are a lot of people who like the same teams on the board and there will be conflict... we'll figure out something when the time comes!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gamertag = matrixadw
Team = Texans :D

Fifty

FMT my man...I'm in any and all football leagues we do this year.

I'd love to do this. My team in every game (if possible, of course) will be the Ravens.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sounds great, sign me up.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't fight over the niners all at once now guys...

Everybody's saving them for Madden, where they're rated slightly below the Rhein Fire.

Ramirez

Well,you all will probably evade my beatings this time around unless I somehow miraculously get BB by September,lol.

Ramirez

Yea,your right,hadn't noticed Sega finally realized that releasing it a month later than Madden wasn't the best thing to do,heh.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm gonna try it this year, i'm not a huge football fan but, hey its $20!

Gamertag: Suikoguy

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Maybe if there is a problem with people taken teams they don't want we could do 2 leagues, like the RSC2 League. I don't know how big of a problem this might end up being.

One thing is for sure, we will not have a repeat champion in ESPN this year!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you're right, we will have at least a 3-peat champion! cause after i win season 1 of espn 2005, im going to win season 2 also.

mascot2.jpg

I'll get that Rascally Rabbit!!!!

ShadowRed

Banned
What no PS2 ESPN love here? Anyhow I'm in. Niners as usual if FMT isn't using them. If so I'll take the Eagles. Me and TO together again,just like the good old days.

SickBoy

I don't know if I'll have Live when ESPN comes out, but if I do, I'll take part, because I'm definitely getting the Xbox version.

-SB

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Bumpage!!!

Get ready to be crushed, folks!!! :)

*sigh*

You never had a winning record in any of our leagues!

And you were the main guy hyping ESPN games last year!

Get out!

DMczaf

Marty Chinn said:
Darknight
I'll take the niners if they haven't been spoken for.

Did you just post in a Football league thread made by FMT and asked if the Niners havent been spoken for?!

explosion.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm in! I'm gonna get spanked, but who cares!

gamertag: bishoptl

team: I'll take Washington, Tennessee or Seattle in that order.

Mrbob

July 20 is the ship date now! Get your teams in quick! The tourney will be starting sooner than anticipated!

TheDuce22

Banned
"I was the original owner of the Eagles in the ESPN League last year."

So? The only fair way to do it is to play eachother using the eagles.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
bishoptl said:
I'm in! I'm gonna get spanked, but who cares!

gamertag: bishoptl

team: I'll take Washington, Tennessee or Seattle in that order.

Bish... come on... how could you do this... Seattle...last on your list? 2 hour or so drive... so close... feels like home... don't turn your back on Seattle now...

Top Bottom