• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Aeris130 said:
Hah, thank god Rose's alt is so fugly. Maybe Capcom will release more alts at a later date, then it'll be the trap-pack for me.
Rose's standard is ugly, too.

ROS_UC_0098_BMP_jpgcopy-495.jpg

89_L_necco-candy-buttons.jpg

I am pretty sure that Tekno has brought this up before, but the amount of money that the Costume DLC costs is probably a mere pittance compared to how much it would cost to unlock them at the arcade.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jaruru said:
Grapplers Pack - Zangief, E Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte (Feb 12)
Beauty Pack - Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy (Feb 19)

these 2 packs for me I guess, since they keep the ALL-IN-ONE pack for April 30th??? that is like 6 weeks AFTER the last pack of 5

Think about how shitty it would be for people who paid for the five DLC packs, having fun with them and a week later, they're all bundled together for $10 or whatever it is. It's like buying DVD singles and seeing a box set come out a week after the last volumes for 3/4 of the price of the singles. It's spaced out enough.

Okay. The alt information is out there, the prices are out there. Send your complaints to Capcom that their reasoning for doing this blows (making it fair to the arcade players) or whatever. Express the DLC rage constructively at them.

Now, info on Champsionship Mode? :lol I hope they keep indepth stats for your online play. Would be pretty sweet for a stats whore like me. Kind like what they promised for SF2HDR.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Whoever was asking about El Fuerte, he is a good character choice if you put a little time into him. You arent going to win any tournaments playing him (most likely) but when playing online/against casuals/friends you can do a lot of damage with his wake up mix up game. Outside of his Run Stop Fierce combo he isnt that complicated, just a bit unorthodox

dexterslu said:
That kind of sucks to be honest, did MarkMan say that there were more in production? ( I recall a certain Seth (Capcom Community Manager) saying on a certain GiantBomb video that they were making more to meet the demand)
more in April I believe

ShinAmano

darkressurection said:
I am pretty sure that Tekno has brought this up before, but the amount of money that the Costume DLC costs is probably a mere pittance compared to how much it would cost to unlock them at the arcade.
I hate this argument more then you can know. In the arcade? Sure it would cost me a ton...first I would need a plane ticket and a hotel room near an arcade that has SF4...then meal money, days off work and the coinage needed...this argument would make sense if arcades were actually relevant, but the fact is in the States I would estimate maybe 15 arcades actually have SF4...that leaves 35 states assuming there is only 1 per state. So the # of people who have access to the game is so minuscule it is not worth a comparison...they are lucky they get to play it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I dont mind paying for costumes, I just wish the arcade alts were free and they offered additional costumes as DLC. :\

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:
Whoever was asking about El Fuerte, he is a good character choice if you put a little time into him. You arent going to win any tournaments playing him (most likely) but when playing online/against casuals/friends you can do a lot of damage with his wake up mix up game. Outside of his Run Stop Fierce combo he isnt that complicated, just a bit unorthodox

Touch of death! El Fuerte to dominate the tourney scene! Cooking academy attendance triples around the world!

krazen

darkressurection said:

This is a moot point, because it doesn't cost you 60 bucks initially to play the game in the arcade either, lol. You can explain it away, but it's another way of ripping off...errr, gaining alternate revenue stream.

It's cheap nickel and dime, and the consumer gets it in the end. Which, what can we expect in the age of DLC. Right now all I care is solid online tho, if they pull it off to at least HDR standards, I won't feel too molested:p

"I hate this argument more then you can know. In the arcade? Sure it would cost me a ton...first I would need a plane ticket and a hotel room near an arcade that has SF4...then meal money, days off work and the coinage needed...this argument would make sense if arcades were actually relevant, but the fact is in the States I would estimate maybe 15 arcades actually have SF4...that leaves 35 states assuming there is only 1 per state. So the # of people who have access to the game is so minuscule it is not worth a comparison...they are lucky they get to play it."

It doesn't apply to arcades in the states at all, actually. Since there was no official SF4 arcade release (since I believe the arcade branch of Capcom USA closed), all SF4 cabs in America are imported unofficially and they can't access Capcom's network shizzle, thus they don't get to unlock any costumes at all.

"This is a moot point, because it doesn't cost you 60 bucks initially to play the game in the arcade either, lol. You can explain it away, but it's another way of ripping off...errr, gaining alternate revenue stream."

This is a moot point, because the console release won't eventually cost you hundreds on the game alone.

At any rate, another thread was already shat up with this discussion. Take it to that thread.

Link

Capcom Unity said:
The where:
The Geffen Contemporary at the Museum of Contemporary Art
152 North Central Avenue, Los Angeles CA 90012

The when:
Thursday, February 12th, 2009, from 8pm-12 midnight.

The who:
You! Yes, you. And your squirrely cousin. And his best friend. On February 12th, any friend of Street Fighter is a friend of ours, and is welcome at the party.

The how:

You sign up for the party by dropping an email to sfevent@capcom.com
and await your RSVP!

The What:

So what's happening? If a roomful of SFIV isn't enough to keep you smiling, we've also got:

-Producer Yoshinori Ono on hand for autographs
-Live performance by The Knux
-Live performance by Supreme Soul from America’s Best Dance Crew
-Live performance by DJ QBert
-Customized fitted caps by Estate LA (www.estatela.com)
-Customized etching by Coveroo (www.coveroo.com)
-Customized sketches by Udon artists
-Street Fighter Club Room – If you missed us in LA, SF and NYC, here’s your chance to relive the magic
-Screening of the new Street Fighter anime “The Ties That Bind”
-Old-school arcade cabinets redesigned and reinterpreted by artists and fashion labels

And last but not least, your chance to win a retail copy of Street Fighter IV a week before it hits stores!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
haunts said:
I dont mind paying for costumes, I just wish the arcade alts were free and they offered additional costumes as DLC. :\

That's the way I feel, but I"m not paying LE money for this. I'm changing my order back to standard.

I do kinda wish they add more chars down the line though, but then I doubt that will happen.

wRATH2x

Banned
Really cant wait for this,what tier is Ryu?

P.S.
Wikipedia says Bionic Commando will be out on Feb. 13th and I dont believe it,isnt their a set release date or something??,because I dont think Capcom will drop it so close to SFIV.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Wrath2X said:

P.S.
Wikipedia says Bionic Commando will be out on Feb. 13th and I dont believe it,isnt their a set release date or something??,because I dont think Capcom will drop it so close to SFIV.

He is top, he is very strong in this game.

wRATH2x

Banned
haunts said:
He is top, he is very strong in this game.
Shit Yeah! hes always been my main,any way I know I requested this earlier and people might get annoyed but fuck it,I need my avatar StreetFighterized with a Ryu red bandanna,pretty please with sugar on top.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wrath2X said:

P.S.
Daigo tier level.

Jaruru said:
does the LE/CE include any DLC code? I heard something like that before :O
yes, 5 characters

Most likely the "Grappler" pack. Haggar Zangief is on the back cover of the LE and it'll be the only pack out at the time of launch.

the Dhalsim/Balrog Elephant canon segment on the podcast if funny,
I already knew about this but hearing it being official canon via podcast is hilarious

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I just tried to pre-order the non-tard fightstick and discovered it is already(and probably has been for awhile) sold out to pre-orders.

Awesome...nothing destroys my motivation for a game more. Any word if and when Madcatz will produce more, or am I looking at doubling up on Ebay?

Nightz

Posted this a while back, but would anyone getting the PS3 CE want to swap your Ryu figure for my C. Viper figure? Send me a PM if you want to trade.

amodf

does anybody know if this game is street dated or if gamestop's getting shipments in before the 18th? I want to pick it up on my way to work.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ANYONE GOING TO THE LA SFIV RELEASE SHOW

can you please take pictures of the re imagined arcade cabinets? i'd love to see what graf artists / designers show up... i'd love you forever

wRATH2x

Banned
haunts said:
Well if you're looking to main him you should start studying noooowww.. :D
Well thanks like I said I appreciate it,but Im kinda requesting an avatar(I know I request it too much).

Oh so your Haunts the guy whos suppose to be great at Street Fighter,well I suck at it so if you need any free wins hit me up.

jon bones said:
ANYONE GOING TO THE LA SFIV RELEASE SHOW

can you please take pictures of the re imagined arcade cabinets? i'd love to see what graf artists / designers show up... i'd love you forever
Sure, I'll do it.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Cmon guys, I'm sure there's other things to discuss than the price of the DLC or stupid tier lists!

You're starting to kill my hype. :(

Spy

amodf said:
does anybody know if this game is street dated or if gamestop's getting shipments in before the 18th? I want to pick it up on my way to work.
That's what I was wondering. If it's not street dated I'm going to cancel my Gamestop preorder and just going to go pick it up at the store that gets it first.

-PXG-

Osaka said:
Cmon guys, I'm sure there's other things to discuss than the price of the DLC or stupid tier lists!

You're starting to kill my hype. :(

I posted links to SF related YTPs. Its on the previous page.

jonah777

Not sure I understand why Capcom is willing to jeopardize their CE sales like this. I'm going to wait until we get official info regarding the NA release, but most likely I will cancel it and get the all-in-one pack later. They could/should have left out the figurines and gave CE owners all the costumes, IMO.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Mattlikewhoa said:
I find myself checking this thread a little to much at work :lol ....This game is going to get me in TROUBLE....

True dat, I feel like this threads ma baby

Top Bottom