• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Guled

I can understand a 3xP and 3xK micro on a pad, but whats the point on a stick, anyway you could do it in the game if you want

P+P+P or K+K+K macros dont bother me as much as turbo.
this guy on HDR got out my Honda bear hug insanely fast just after ONE tug.

fuck Turbo on sticks and pads, what the hell!!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
_dementia said:
heh, can i just buy the plastic shaft cover?

on second thought, i'll just give it to you and sell the JLF sans shaft cover. PM me your address

Snaku said:
Wait, you're only buying the CE for the voucher?:lol

this was actually a catalyst for me canceling my CE:

1) i'm not going to watch the anime, obviously

2) if i get a guide, it'll be the full one so no need for the mini guide

3) i have some cool tiny figures already (no anime ones, obviously) but adding a tiny ryu to my small collection is no deal maker

4) i'll just wait and cop all the costumes at once in april

5) the sound track is the only thing i'll truly miss. oh well.

ShinAmano

gutter_trash said:

I agree 100% this is my biggest disappointment with the SF pads/sticks...there is no need for turbo on them.

PhatSaqs

Banned
ShinAmano said:
I agree 100% this is my biggest disappointment with the SF pads/sticks...there is no need for turbo on them.
It's especially weird that they put turbo on the Tournament edition stick when most real tournies will DQ anyone using stick macros/turbo.

Jaruru

PhatSaqs said:
It's especially weird that they put turbo on the Tournament edition stick when most real tournies will DQ anyone using stick macros/turbo.

exactly. the real deal = no macro/turbo. those are not tournament elements.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
HRAPs have turbo, you can lock the turbos on the madcatz. I guess if you use them for shooters or ppl want instant hundred hand slaps etc it makes sense.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Any of you who plan on making it out to the launch party please PM me.

robut said:
I hope replays can be locally saved as well. I still have a memory card full of VF4 saves, we had some hilarious times with that game.

Yeah, 3s had a replay feature too although it would screw up sometimes. :|

n3ss

aka acr0nym
ashism said:
I'm considering going. LBC isn't that far. Anyone meeting up for drinks or a smoke beforehand?

If theres a gaf meet i might be down... as long as its close to the event. i'm flying out to LA wed morning :D

yeb

gutter_trash said:

I've actually done that before with another mash throw, no turbo necessary. If you tech the throw and mash properly (diagonals with perfectly timed button presses) you can get out insanely fast, especially if the other player didn't mash or mashed badly.

SiegfriedFM said:
What happened to Street Fighter HD.com? I was going to grab a bunch of awesome art from there and it just went away...
Capcom sent them a cease and desist?
Bandwidth issues?

my two guesses

CPS2

haunts said:
What do you guys think about the Focus Attack?

I like it. Something I noticed is that if the other dude has meter, you never want to do a level 2 or 3 FA, because they'll just counter it. All you can really do is FA>dash to try and bait them. The only time you really want to do a focus attack is if they don't have meter, or if they're jumping at you, or some other telegraphed move that isn't armour breaking.

Also when you see someone FA, generally the gut instinct is to jump. FA>dash is another good option here. It kinda seems like you get very few opportunities to use a basic focus attack to be honest. The best uses seem to be just when you dash out, or focus cancel a special move.

It is an excellent rush down tool, if you can keep track of the meter then you can do all sorts of awesome blocked strings. The main thing I want to figure out is just how to use it to absorb a hit and counter. It sounds like the easiest thing to do with it, but imo it's probably the most difficult (unless you guess).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
NameGenerated said:
What is the thing in SFIV that looks like a third strike parry. The blue aura and it says "Technical".

Teching out of a throw I believe.

Edit: Yeah! #1337! *diddy shake*

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
okay, here's the last characters of my wallpaper crusade:

Feel free to update the OP if you want haunts :) PM'd you a link to the previous batch.

Kudos to Lee N for all the original high res pictures!

EDIT: Oh snap, almost got post #1337 :lol

Since SFD are pretty close to Capcom, I don't think it was a cease and desist. Most of that art would only be available in such quality directly from Capcom anyway... unless there's a resource somewhere I'm missing...

Zertez said:
Even playing one handed, it looks like he let the other guy win. :lol Playing one handed is limiting, but I dont see him jumping into Guile like that unless he was tanking it.
he still got crazy skills :lol

Guled

Grifter said:
Wasn't sure if the CE has the soundtrack until now. Can I can still preorder? Is it the full OST?
not sure if its the full OST, but if your going to pre order, do so quick. They are going to most likely before the game comes out

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Was playing Capcom vs. SNK 2 last night and this engine makes me wonder how good a Capcom vs. SNK 3 would look. One thing that always stuck me about that game was how good the voices sounded. And that Joe Higashi and Dan were freaking awesome as a team. /random point. :lol

Has there been any word on how many tracks will be on the OST with the CE? I hope they don't just slap like 5 tracks on there like some of these other "Soundtrack CDs" companies release.

CAVE343

Are there any good pictures of the figures included with the CE? I'm kinda buying it because of the figures, but maybe they look like crap close up

vg260

For anyone who pre-ordered on Amazon, what day does it have for your estimated arrival date (if you did 2-day or overnight)? Thanks.

Top Bottom