• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jube3

:lol That combo is ridiculous. Was it banned in comp or was stuff like that allowed? Im not familiar with tournament rules (im guessing it wasnt allowed).

Darkman M

A premium Member on shoryuken posted this..

"Confirmed: Shipping on the 10th, will e available on the 11th. <Fightpads, fightsticks. NOTstreet dated You're welcome."

So i guess people will be seeing sticks and pads real soon..

CPS2

Jube3 said:
:lol That combo is ridiculous. Was it banned in comp or was stuff like that allowed? Im not familiar with tournament rules (im guessing it wasnt allowed).

You're allowed to do that stuff, but it's not really practical. Most people would just do an easy super combo after stunning someone, instead of trying to juggle them for 30 seconds. Though some characters have fairly easy stun juggles, they just don't do much damage, it's mainly for psychological advantage =P

wRATH2x

Banned
Since Ive accepted that Nathan Explosion wont be wearing any bandannas any time soon,does Street Fighter IV feel similar to any of the old SF games??

Ive played 2 and its many versions,the Alpha series,the 3D EX series,had 20 minutes of 3 on an arcade machine,and the VS. series.

So whats the closest to it?
or does it feel a little changed but in a good way?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Wrath2X said:
Since Ive accepted that Nathan Explosion wont be wearing any bandannas any time soon

ffuu.jpg

Jube3

Wrath2X said:
Since Ive accepted that Nathan Explosion wont be wearing any bandannas any time soon,does Street Fighter IV feel similar to any of the old SF games??

Ive played 2 and its many versions,the Alpha series,the 3D EX series,had 20 minutes of 3 on an arcade machine,and the VS. series.

So whats the closest to it?
or does it feel a little changed but in a good way?

I've read a lot of comparisons to sf2 Turbo. Also did you want your avatar SF-erized?

Ashhong

so i played some SF2HD today and am ecstatic because i was finally able to consistently do shoryukens. for some reason i have always had the hardest time doing them, and was thinking of getting a stick solely for that reason. so happy :D

CAVE343

Darkman M said:

"Confirmed: Shipping on the 10th, will e available on the 11th. <Fightpads, fightsticks. NOTstreet dated You're welcome."

If true that would be very good news

Darkman M said:

This is what it says on EB's website.

TxdoHawk

copybeaver said:
Someone over at capcom-unity got his blanka fightpad from best buy. Another person had his/her fightpad shipped from gamestop. Hurry up and ship mine to me Amazon. :(

I'm gonna have to go check my local Best Buy today if I get a chance.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
aerofx said:
Anybody here buy the premium SFIV theme packs on XBL? I'm interested in seeing how they look.

They're pretty bad tbh, look like normal themes, no customizing whatever for the big orb. Just a gray ball covering half of the screen IIRC.

EDIT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14126598&postcount=550

Remembered wrong, the friend list has some neat stuff but the main background is boring. A dark two-tone picture of ryu, with half of it covered by the orb.

decon

tapedeck said:
SOME UNDESERVING DANISH PRICK ALREADY HAS THE GAME.

Ken anime spoilerz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVIBMAKJj0

As you can see this prick also has Killer Instinct, MKII, and Revolution X arcade cabs in his house. Bastard.

Edit: also before anyone complains about the load time, I highly doubt this guy cared enough to do the optional install.
Video removed :( Did anyone grab it before it was too late?

Guled

Darkman M said:

nice, that shall make the wait a little more bearable. 13 more days

wRATH2x

Banned
Osaka said:
:lol :lol :lol

I've read a lot of comparisons to sf2 Turbo. Also did you want your avatar SF-erized?

Not my favorite and not what Im best at but meh,new Street Fighter thats all that matters.

And yes I wanted my avatar SF-erized but apparently I annoyed some and didnt get my request.

Ill live.......I hope.

Jube3

Wrath2X said:
:lol :lol :lol

Not my favorite and not what Im best at but meh,new Street Fighter thats all that matters.

And yes I wanted my avatar SF-erized but apparently I annoyed some and didnt get my request.

Ill live.......I hope.

I took a quick stab at it, honda and ryu.
gafhonda.jpg
gafryu.jpg

Jube3

Dizzy-4U said:
There's a new premium pack on live. I don't have money right now to check it out =(
Anyone got some pics?

I found pics of SF Premium theme 2, Under live it says retro pac 1 for theme 2 and retro pack 2 for theme 3 so im guessing its a variation of this.

This is Premium theme 2 not 3 , found the pics at gamespot.
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Dizzy-4U

Jube3 said:
I found pics of SF Premium theme 2, Under live it says retro pac 1 for theme 2 and retro pack 2 for theme 3 so im guessing its a variation of this.
Yeah, I have the first two. Didn't like them that much to be honest. I'm kinda hoping the new one is a little better.

Jube3

Dizzy-4U said:
Yeah, I have the first two. Didn't like them that much to be honest. I'm kinda hoping the new one is a little better.

Yea looking at the description it kinda looks like same thing different characters.

CAVE343

I've got the first premium theme and to be honest its kinda underwhelming. I do hope the new one is better, but I'm taking the plunge before I've seen some pics :)

ShinAmano

Jube3 said:

This is Premium theme 2 not 3 , found the pics at gamespot.
This one is great...anyone care to link to it on Xbox.com so I don't download the wrong one?

Jube3

ShinAmano said:
This one is great...anyone care to link to it on Xbox.com so I don't download the wrong one?

If you can, I would wait a bit to see what the theme that just went up looks like. You might like it more since its a variation of theme 2. If you really want the one I posted its called SFIV Premium Theme 2 (on the banner its a picture of ryu and it says Retro Pac 01).

ShinAmano

Jube3 said:
If you can, I would wait a bit to see what the theme that just went up looks like. You might like it more since its a variation of theme 2. If you really want the one I posted its called SFIV Premium Theme 2 (on the banner its a picture of ryu and it says Retro Pac 01).
I will wait to see them all, but I do like the 2D art.

Nightz

Darkman M said:

Is this for all stores, or Gamestop only?

Blueblur1

Darkman M said:

My Best Buy pre-order lists the 15th as the shipping date. :(

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
*posts back up in the thread*

I almost fell into the trap. The wise words of Ackbar saved me. Must stay in this and the MLB 09 thread for my own safety...

Anyways, I hope the sticks do hit on the 10th-11th. Would be great to get used to them before the game.

*huddles in the corner, scared of the forum*

CAVE343

This SFIV obsession is getting out of control, the Killzone demo is going to be up in a few hours and I'm not that excited at all.
Ofcourse I'm gonna download it, if possible, but I'm not that excited as usual about such a high profile game.

I can only think of SFIV and I don't feel the urge of playing another game although I have a big ass backlog
Need to get my mind of SFIV, it's just a game :lol

Jube3

bad-joey said:
This SFIV obsession is getting out of control, the Killzone demo is going to be up in a few hours and I'm not that excited at all.
Ofcourse I'm gonna download it, if possible, but I'm not that excited as usual about such a high profile game.

I can only think of SFIV and I don't feel the urge of playing another game although I have a big ass backlog

Yea no kidding haha, are you picking up sf4 on ps3 or 360. Last game I was hyped for like this was Forza 2

bad-joey said:

If you get it on PS3, fight me. I'll make you not wanna play it anymore. :D

Dizzy-4U

bad-joey said:
Same here man...Halo Wars and KZ2 demos are up today. I'm downloading both but...I'm not feeling them....

Anyways, I'm watching some Viper matches (probably gonna main her) and in this video at 6:43 Viper beats a reversal shoryuken with the flamekick. Is that 100% effective with all shoto characters? Or did she beats it only because it was a crossup?

CAVE343

akachan ningen said:
If you get it on PS3, fight me. I'll make you not wanna play it anymore. :D
I'm getting both day one! Bring it one, my noob powers will teach you a lesson :lol
Seriously, if you own me I'll keep practising! That's because I'm dedicating my life to SFIV!!
Jube3 said:
Yea no kidding haha, are you picking up sf4 on ps3 or 360. Last game I was hyped for like this was Forza 2
Yeah I haven't been hyped for a game since, well since uhm.. I've never been so hyped before! Only thing that comes close is when I knew was getting a SNES with SFII on my birthday :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Hmmmm!? I just got shipping confirmation and tracking # on my Fightpad from EB :D :D

edit: Checked the tracking and should have it any minute now :p

wRATH2x

Banned
Last time Ive been this hyped for a game was possibly MGS4,well maybe not as hyped as I was for that but pretty damn close.

and Killzone demo??

-PXG-

TxdoHawk said:
I'm gonna have to go check my local Best Buy today if I get a chance.

Oh shit.....I will go over there now...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

girl coming over in a few. Once she leaves, I'm hauling ass. I'd love to get it today. Amazon doesn't ship until the 19th I think. Fuckers.

Top Bottom