• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Insider (@TheRealInsider)" Leaker Thread

ManaByte

The guy was leaking stuff that I'd expect only people in the upper echelons of the gaming press to have access to.

Looking at his channel its mostly playthroughs/let's plays, it's not gaming news orientated. There are gaming youtubers with bigger followings than him that done even get pre release copies of games for goodness sake.

He was leaking stuff from the UbiSoft Forward, which UbiSoft briefed the media on in advance under NDA. YouTubers got that do to co-streaming agreements.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Other than the UbiSoft stuff there were no NDA's involved. All educated guesses or made up.

Makes sense what he says because many of us said the same where he mentions things like "addiction to social media and 1000s of people paying attention" and "educated guesses".

That's social media losers for ya. And not surprisingly video game ones too.

I'm not saying I work at companies with the same hype, but if I wanted to I could post on the net every product blogger we hire and how much their fee is. Why not? I see the bills. Who doesn't want to see how much partnership deals are worth? I could also post from all the companies I've worked at all the new products coming in a year or two too. I'm sure they would be interesting to see because just about everyone on this board has used or eaten them before. But why would I be an ass posting this? Or making shit up trying to pass it as real?

That's the key difference between normal workers plugging away at work and social media hacks looking for fast bucks and stardom.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

RIP Insider, you broke NDAs and died for our sins to let us know something for Scorn is coming on the 21st.

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma

*played us like a damn fiddle.jpg*

cool.gif

Interfectum

I love how everyone is so willing to gobble up insider information, never questioning where it comes from, but when one insider is outed the internet pulls out the guillotine,

Most people are morally bankrupt, please spare us all the pearl clutching.

Last edited:

jm89

I love how everyone is so willing to gobble up insider information, never questioning where it comes from, but when one insider is outed the internet pulls out the guillotine,

Most people are morally bankrupt, please spare us all the pearl clutching.
His youtube comments section is something else. Like you said most of these would be jumping up and down with the leaks, but now they are on their hoilier then thou bullshit.

Last edited:

Griffon

Man... lesson number one: Never apologize.

Honestly what he did wasn't really "disgusting" like he keeps saying in his apologies. Let's face it: He was having a ton of fun making some shit up and making a ruckus, and used some super minor NDA infos to make it more legit (minor because honestly who gives a shit about the titles of Assassin's Creed).
His only real personal mistake was forgetting to switch accounts on twitter.

Shame the twitter mob and that pig Schreier are taking that like it's a crime against humanity. Those are the real disgusting people.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man... lesson number one: Never apologize.

Honestly what he did wasn't really "disgusting" like he keeps saying in his apologies. Let's face it: He was having a ton of fun making some shit up and making a ruckus, and used some super minor NDA infos to make it more legit (minor because honestly who gives a shit about the titles of Assassin's Creed).
His only real personal mistake was forgetting to switch accounts on twitter.

Shame the twitter mob and that pig Schreier are taking that like it's a crime against humanity. Those are the real disgusting people.
I see video game phonies or legit leakers similar to sports writers telling fans about trade rumours. Sometimes they are true, most are fake or wrong. People love hearing it.

The key is those sports reporters arent under NDA. They just dig into shit and hope someone blabs them info as heresay. People in the gaming industry circles are supposed to be under NDA, which I believe would probably even involve signed documents.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Other than the UbiSoft stuff there were no NDA's involved. All educated guesses or made up.

oh man.
He got it coming for sure
but this is one of very few apologies where you can clearly see the man is done and sorry.

Btw. Since I don't watch his crap... was he making video on leaks he created himself lol ?

Last edited:

GHG

oh man.
He got it coming for sure
but this is one of very few apologies where you can clearly see the man is done and sorry.

Btw. Since I don't watch his crap... was he making video on leaks he created himself lol ?

He created a twitter account to leak some stuff on assassins creed. Then it took off and he just started making things up.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He created a twitter account to leak some stuff on assassins creed. Then it took off and he just started making things up.
Yeah I know but did he used "his" tweets as fuel for his channel too?
That would be hilarious lol

Top Bottom