• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Insider (@TheRealInsider)" Leaker Thread

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wizard Of Oz GIF

Gravemind

Make no mistake, this guy is an absolute dip shit for ruining his entire career, and likely his life, for some twitter fame.

With that said, Jason Schreier is a worm. Someone needs to investigate him because there's no way he's not tied up in some weird shit. Strange fucker.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Hugare

His Twitter is up and his YT is too.

I'm not following this thread. There's deleted tweets I cant see anymore in this thread. But is his identity exposed from that post where he says "Someone else". That's the main tweet? Or is there more?

His identity was exposed on that tweet, and then he followed up with a "dont make false accusations using my name. Cheers" and nothing more.

Then he deleted everything minutes later

Dude must have panicked and cried like a little girl for more than a few hours before coming up with this sad apologies atempt

Edit: people on that other site are seriously believing that Jason was responsible for finding this guy. They are sucking his balls so hard. Disgusting shit

Last edited:

solidus12

people on that other site are seriously believing that Jason was responsible for finding this guy. They are sucking his balls so hard. Disgusting shit
They want Sony to cancel Stellar Blade too, not really, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Last edited:

onesvenus

FdC7DBwXoAA7Prc

wtf? This guy...seriously.
Isn't he the one that leaked Sony's TLOU Remake's existence?

Or that in the same article created a narrative that Days Gone 2 wasn't greelighted by PlayStation when the true was that it wasn't accepted by the studio itself and the pitch never even made it to PlayStation's top bosses? (which is why one of the CEO's left)

Imagine being this petty.

edit:

lmao.png

Oh he can't be serious...talking about a guy that leaked 3 Assassin's Creed titles when he himselve has done that countless times in his media articles :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Do you know the difference between breaking an NDA and reporting on what somebody else told you?

Does leaker has anything benefit to gain other than fame and followers?
The thing is this guy was already on his way to building a decent following. He has 100k subs on his YouTube channel and 30k on Twitter.

The only thing he had to gain from doing this was attention because it’s not like he could have monetized the “insider” account in anyway lol.

It’s actually sad the lengths people will go to get attention online. Dude totally screwed himself for nothing.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm not sure I fully understand Jason's angle, doesn't he also get info from people who break NDA? This dude was just trying to cut out the middleman, man!

Not saying I agree with breaking NDA's/leaking stuff. Just curious
Yeah, I don't see what got him fired up, but it seems like he feels personally smeared by the leaker in some way. I assume we've both missed the crucial tweet(s).

Though I sort of agree with your point - Shrier will be getting info from staff who signed NDAs, but I think Shrier would take the stance that he's often reporting seriously on things in videogames including exposing problems in the industry etc. A published author of a best selling industry commentary. And I think that's fair, he's on a different level to some youtuber who A) Doesn't put his name to his leaks (or didn't intend to) and shares for no other reason than he wants to be anonymously famous and B) essentially gets to playtest things and tells people about it a bit earlier than agreed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see what got him fired up, but it seems like he feels personally smeared by the leaker in some way. I assume we've both missed the crucial tweet(s).

Though I sort of agree with your point - Shrier will be getting info from staff who signed NDAs, but I think Shrier would take the stance that he's often reporting seriously on things in videogames including exposing problems in the industry etc. A published author of a best selling industry commentary. And I think that's fair, he's on a different level to some youtuber who A) Doesn't put his name to his leaks (or didn't intend to) and shares for no other reason than he wants to be anonymously famous and B) essentially gets to playtest things and tells people about it a bit earlier than agreed.
Oh no doubt, Jason does his homework and as much as people dont like him, he's been on the money on almost be everything I've seen him leak/mention/give us the inside track on

Do you know the difference between breaking an NDA and reporting on what somebody else told you?

Does it matter if you leak something by breaking an NDA or if someone breaks it for you? Legally you're not in trouble, but ethically you're the same idiot.

I know that for the developers working on the games it's a stressful situation in both cases and it doesn't matter.
For someone that worries so much about working environment and people's mental health he has no issue in revealing these things years in advance and when no one is ready for them to be revealed. Of course, only when it suits him. This other guy revealed 2 or 3 titles a day or 2 before their official reveal. Hardly the worst thing ever.

Jason was just pissed someone else knew something he didn't and he was exposed for calling the rumor bullshit when it wasn't.

Last edited:

jm89

Looking over his tweet that got him screwed dude could have got away with it maybe, like just reply again and act like a troll or something making fun of insiders or some shit like that.

But then again if he did sign an nda then companies may have caught on anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

His Twitter is up and his YT is too.

I'm not following this thread. There's deleted tweets I cant see anymore in this thread. But is his identity exposed from that post where he says "Someone else". That's the main tweet? Or is there more?

Gone again ?

shaddam

Make no mistake, this guy is an absolute dip shit for ruining his entire career, and likely his life, for some twitter fame.

With that said, Jason Schreier is a worm. Someone needs to investigate him because there's no way he's not tied up in some weird shit. Strange fucker.
Just think back how he "reported" the whole blizzard harassment at first. He problaby know for years what is happening

Top Bottom