• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

chromhound

Snitch gets some of his info from this guy (if not, all of it)

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cats Reaction GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition EMEA's Pet Nutrition EMEA

As long as Sony communicate with their customers with new games, then they can keep their ‘front-facing person(s)’. Not to mention we’ve just had a SOP, PSVR2 impressions and a new GOW:R trailer. But yeah, terrible stuff.

You named like 5% of what Playstation is doing. I was around in the PS3 and PS4 days when Sony actually liked having fun in this industry. Now everything is a secert.

Sleepwalker

I have a feeling it'll be either crossgen or PS5 and PC day one...or even PS4, PS5 and PC day one since it's a live service game, who knows.
Needs to be in all 3 (with cross platform gameplay) and not $70 to be a good hit/healthy live service IMO.

All these live services depend heavily on user count.

Needs to be in all 3 (with cross platform gameplay) and not $70 to be a good hit/healthy live service IMO.

All these live services depend heavily on user count.
That is not true though.
Destiny is not free to play. It's quite a healthy game in terms of userbase.

Sony hired that publisher literally because of their live service experience. I wouldn't count on Sony to do lots of free to play games tbh.

I used to say the same you are saying but after giving it more thought changed my mind.

reksveks

That is not true though.

Sony hired that publisher literally because of their live service experience. I wouldn't count on Sony to do lots of free to play games tbh.

I used to say the same you are saying but after giving it more thought changed my mind.
Destiny 2 is free to play but you buy expansions/raids/whatnot to get. I think you can call that free to play.

I think it's a very different model than charging 50-70 upfront

Sleepwalker

That is not true though.

It's free to play now and has been since 2019, the expansions are paid. I'm not saying it has to be free, just that it probably needs to be on as many platforms as it can (like destiny). I just said it should not be $70 because that market is skewed towards free to play games (apex, warzone, fortnite etc) I'm aware factions will bring something else to the table but the general market will ask, why would I pay $70 for this when I can stick to those for free?

They could adapt bungies strategy of a free/cheap base game and paid expansions, I mean that's what they were bought for supposedly, their expertise.

tmlDan

I got into the discord chat, looks like a lot of people are in it.

Grubb, Jason Schreier, Dusk Golem, Tom Henderson

Elios83

Dude was flat out wrong about Sony's SoP, like 100% wrong, lol.

He's just an other one trying to fly too high, people will ask him more and more leaks (on Discord and other places) to keep the attention level he seeks, he won't be able to provide those and he will start making up bullshit and guesses (as with the SoP).
Once people will realize that, he will burn himself, it's the usual story with these "insiders".

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He's just an other one trying to fly too high, people will ask him more and more leaks to keep the attention level he seeks, he won't be able to provide those and he will start making up bullshit and guesses (as with the SoP).
Once people will realize that, he will burn himself, it's the usual story with these "insiders".
He hasn't gotten anything right about Sony since they clipped the leak. Sony devs even joked about it after doing so.

Destiny 2 is free to play but you buy expansions/raids/whatnot to get. I think you can call that free to play.

I think it's a very different model than charging 50-70 upfront

It's free to play now and has been since 2019, the expansions are paid. I'm not saying it has to be free, just that it probably needs to be on as many platforms as it can (like destiny). I just said it should not be $70 because that market is skewed towards free to play games (apex, warzone, fortnite etc) I'm aware factions will bring something else to the table but the general market will ask, why would I pay $70 for this when I can stick to those for free?

They could adapt bungies strategy of a free/cheap base game and paid expansions, I mean that's what they were bought for supposedly, their expertise.
Just read this. I actually had no idea Destiny 2 was F2P. Thanks.

Dude was flat out wrong about Sony's SoP, like 100% wrong, lol.
Yup. But it was good that way. I actually had no expectations thanks to him and by the end of that God of War trailer i was pretty sure i had just watched the best or 2nd best SOP ever.

Elios83

He hasn't gotten anything right about Sony since they clipped the leak. Sony devs even joked about it after doing so.
Because it's really likely he doesn't have anything real to share but he feels the pressure to give something to people following him so he started to make things up.
It's the usual insider cycle: get something right-> want internet fame->start making up bullshit passing guesses as facts->reputation lost :messenger_grinning_sweat:

yurinka

As others said, are we getting first party ps4 games in 2023?
I think MLB only. If released in 2023 probably the TLOU MP game too because it was originally going to be part of TLOU2 but its scope went out of control and became a separate game. But since it started as a PS4 project I think it will be released on PS, specially considering that being a MP game it will need the biggest possible userbase.

But Insomniac with Ratchet, Housemarque, Bluepoint with Demon's Souls or Team Asobi with Astro and even London Studio and Bend for their next games moved to PS5. So I think all their teams will move to PS5 only.

Maybe there's some 2nd party game that started to be developed before 2019, like Helldivers 2 (if it's really the game where Arrowhead is working on) or some unannounced one from Firewalk or Firesprite. Not sure when they started to work on it, but if started in 2019 or before I think the unannounced Guerrilla game directed by the R6 Siege and Killzone 2 MP director could be crossgen too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom