• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What's the implication here, they have one disappointing showcase, wait till Microsoft does their showcase, then have a second, balls-to-the-wall first party showcase to sandwich them out of news cycles and mindshare?

To me, that sounds like a loser move....If you got the big guns....come out blazing... Sony shouldn't be responding to Microsoft at all...Why do this showcase at all, to piss off all your fans a month or so before you do another big showcase to counter whatever comes from Microsoft?

They should have just done their show after the 11th then - Now they are getting heat and the brands momentum has taken a knock. Spider Man looks like they were bull shitting us after the launch announcement. Not a good look at all.

Ozriel

M$FT
What Ratchet is bringing is a required move to a NVMe x4 drive that will probably struggle on PCIe 3.0 drives even.

No way will anyone launch a game in the next few years that demands a Gen 4 NVMe drive.

Ratchet will most certainly run just fine with a Gen 3 drive

Draugoth

Gold Member
kxgvJxX.jpeg

Bond007

Could be holding onto a few announcements to counter anything shown by anyone else during the summer months. Would be a good move.

Topher

Gold Member
No way will anyone launch a game in the next few years that demands a Gen 4 NVMe drive.

Ratchet will most certainly run just fine with a Gen 3 drive

Not so sure, but it would be interesting to see how well it can use Direct Storage and see if it can stand up to the PS5 IO module for compression. I think that might end up being the key comparison rather than the speed of the drive itself.

Pedro Motta

To me, that sounds like a loser move....If you got the big guns....come out blazing... Sony shouldn't be responding to Microsoft at all...Why do this showcase at all, to piss off all your fans a month or so before you do another big showcase to counter whatever comes from Microsoft?

They should have just done their show after the 11th then - Now they are getting heat and the brands momentum has taken a knock. Spider Man looks like they were bull shitting us after the launch announcement. Not a good look at all.
This.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
yea, if you like waiting more than 2 years for games to come out on PC and you can play it alongside the less than a million people who play it on pc
And get to play it with higher frame rates and on ultrawide?

Damn right I can wait on some of these single player games

Honestly my PS5 hasn't even been turned on in awhile sadly

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Fuck's sake, gonna be replaying the Demon's Souls remake again in 4k120 aren't I

If you are looking for affordable gaming on your 4K TV with HDR it's hard to beat a console.
Affordable? You can cdkey every new release for way less than the retail price. You can use your own Wi-Fi internet instead of monthly subscriptions and you can also have access to Xbox games and older games.

Ozriel

M$FT
yea, if you like waiting more than 2 years for games to come out on PC and you can play it alongside the less than a million people who play it on pc

It’s looking very likely that most PS live service games will show up day and date on PC, so
I’m not sure what your comment about population is about.

gothmog

Gold Member
Affordable? You can cdkey every new release for way less than the retail price. You can use your own Wi-Fi internet instead of monthly subscriptions and you can also have access to Xbox games and older games.
Yes, affordable. Not everyone has a capable PC. Most of my friends have a work laptop and no personal PC. They consume the internet using their tablets and mobile devices. They all have 4K capable TVs, though. A console would fit right in.

Not sure why you mentioned Xbox or subscriptions but for anyone who wants easy gaming picking up any console with a gaming sub is going to be pretty affordable as well.

Top Bottom