• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official WipeOut HD Picture Thread

seb

Banned
Mr Jared said:
Is there a way to pull the photos from the PS3 without using a USB device? Like, can I access the files from my Mac?

You can attach the image to an email using gmail. Maybe you can use other online services to share pictures like flicker, I don't know. Would be easier to use an usb stick though.

Mr Jared said:
Is there a way to pull the photos from the PS3 without using a USB device? Like, can I access the files from my Mac?

If you have one of the "good" PS3s that came with backwards compatibility, you'll also have SD and Compact Flash slots, if those work for you.

McLovin

Mr Jared said:
If it was pc... maybe media server. I'm not sure if Mac is compatible.. but it probably is.

Grayman said:
This game is beautiful in photos.

1191690199_0.jpg
;]

Still has a special place in my hart.:)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
wohd_20080930_140301d4d08.jpg

wohd_20080930_140451033c9.jpg

wohd_20080930_140722b9f32.jpg

wohd_20080930_1413166693c.jpg

wohd_20080930_142311f8bc2.jpg

wohd_20080930_142753eff78.jpg

wohd_20080930_1425142cb41.jpg

Ad campaign :lol:
wohd_20080930_1414488b0bb.jpg

Harimau Realty: The LeadErs in WatErfront housing.

wohd_20080930_14182765640.jpg

Enjoy incredible views, skyview parks, and access to the finest in transportation.

wohd_20080930_142600e38c9.jpg

With Harimou Inc., you can enjoy a standard of living in the finest of up and coming Megatropolis'. Harimou, for you, all the time.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
o_0

And to think I still haven't got this game.. I'll have to rectify that by the weekend. Forgive me Wipeout!

gbovo

Studio Liverpool should really consider making an action game or RPG in the WipEout universe/environments. I absolutely love the futuristic vibe of WipEout. It's familiar, yet unique at the same time.

Zeliard

The detail in the game is truly incredible, and it moves so fast most of the time that you can't even notice it. I think it's amazing how they stuffed in such a huge amount of detail that you can't even get a real look at unless you're looking at still pics of the game. Most other devs would have taken that excuse to go lax on the detail or texture quality, but Liverpool said "fuck that". And it's in 1080p, and moves at 60 FPS, too. Just a stunning graphical achievement. I never say this, but if you're not playing this game in HD, then you're missing out.

elseanio

Zeliard said:
The detail in the game is truly incredible, and it moves so fast most of the time that you can't even notice it. I think it's amazing how they stuffed in such a huge amount of detail that you can't even get a real look at unless you're looking at still pics of the game. Most other devs would have taken that excuse to go lax on the detail or texture quality, but Liverpool said "fuck that". And it's in 1080p, and moves at 60 FPS, too. Just a stunning graphical achievement. I never say this, but if you're not playing this game in HD, then you're missing out.

Agree with this. I've been looking at these pictures thinking they're tracks I aint been on, but its just amazing backdrops that go whizzing by when actually playing.

Ploid 3.0

This is a awesome game. I plan to make some pictures that's worthy of this thread some day. You guys are outdoing yourselves. [/bow]

iceatcs

Joe211 said:
no way they are in game pics

:p
LOL :p, not quite but only thing is not in-game is the filters like blurring, motion-blur etc...
Photomode can adjustable just like image of SLR camera.

But the textures, models and lighting are in-game, it still look so awesome in gameplay.

Trevelyan

Banned
gbovo said:
Studio Liverpool should really consider making an action game or RPG in the WipEout universe/environments. I absolutely love the futuristic vibe of WipEout. It's familiar, yet unique at the same time.
This. An open-world action game in this universe would be amazing. They should add the ability to grab onto the craft and jump from one to another at the speeds from the game.
But I digress...

These pictures are amazing. If I wasn't so lazy I'd upload the dozens I've taken so far.

iceatcs said:
LOL :p, not quite but only thing is not in-game is the filters like blurring, motion-blur etc...
Photomode can adjustable just like image of SLR camera.

But the textures, models and lighting are in-game, it still look so awesome in gameplay.

Big difference also is the lack of aliasing.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
This has to be the first time in my time at GAF that I've let a screenshot thread alone inspire me to purchase a game.
(Well, maybe that and an old old love for WO 2097 of course).

Downloading now, 84% to go.

jet1911

14yanhw.jpg

2i1ea3b.jpg

oic1eo.jpg

2ni8q3d.jpg

There's one thing I don't like about the Photo Mode though. The camera is always "snapped" on a vehicle. It's almost impossible to do good panoramic shot because of this. :(

oneHeero

Vennt said:
This has to be the first time in my time at GAF that I've let a screenshot thread alone inspire me to purchase a game.
(Well, maybe that and an old old love for WO 2097 of course).

Downloading now, 84% to go.
Do panic, because it'll consume your life. The game is so much fun, the music is excellent and the graphics are top notch.

edgefusion

gbovo said:

YES! I was thinking this exact thing as I was playing earlier today. An adventure game set in the Wipeout universe would be sick, the art style is fantastic.

Top Bottom