• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3d10n

It's times like this when DD's weakest point hurts the most. I bought SFIV on Steam. Once I buy SSFIV, my SFIV copy will be rendered useless, and I can't even pass it forward.

Mileena

Banned
DUDLEY

GOTY

dudley-jacket.gif

Diablos

I KNEW it was a good idea to pass on that $20 copy of SF4 I saw at Target yesterday.

If Ibuki is coming back, that's just freaking AWESOME. I'm terrible at SF, yet always found her to be easy to use even for a beginner.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
probably beaten, but isnt it quite obvious that 'Street' also starts with an S? and that the letters after it in the picture are clearly 't' and 'r'? That definitely is t-hawk, but we knew he was in it at one point anyways. I'll start to believe once something official is on paper. Definitely not holding my breath for monday.

Yes I am :(

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
bistromathics said:
probably beaten, but isnt it quite obvious that 'Street' also starts with an S? and that the letters after it in the picture are clearly 't' and 'r'? That definitely is t-hawk, but we knew he was in it at one point anyways. I'll start to believe once something official is on paper. Definitely not holding my breath for monday.

the big gray 's' behind street fighter.

Cowie

bistromathics said:

Heh, look behind the 'street fighter' part
it's very very similar to something else..

2remds5.jpg

bistromathics said:

There's a big, steel "S" behind the Street Fighter 4 font...

i say dlc and $15-$20 much like burnout and gta4 since sf4 has that "checking for dlc" prompt. full retail release at a value price. also the stage in the pic is the drive in stage. if it were a full release the stages would atleast be redone. i could also see them adding classic stages and music.

WasteLand Soldier said:
i say dlc and $15-$20 much like burnout and gta4 since sf4 has that "checking for dlc" prompt. full retail release at a value price. also the stage in the pic is the drive in stage. if it were a full release the stages would atleast be redone. i could also see them adding classic stages and music.

Capcom making this DLC.. I'd eat my Half-Life 2 hat if that ever happened.

careful

This is 2009 and the industry has changed in many ways. They can't use the same old business model from 15 years ago.
Release updates for game balancing issues and release DLC for extra characters.
I don't mind if they release a disc version for people without internet, but charging full price would be a rip-off.

careful said:
This is 2009 and the industry has changed in many ways. They can't use the same old business model from 15 years ago.
Release updates for game balancing issues and release DLC for extra characters.
I don't mind if they release a disc version for people without internet, but charging full price would be a rip-off.

I think the App Store and Steam show value-priced releases sell more copies and make more money in the end than full, $60 dollar releases.

pmj

I'd consider getting this as DLC only if they would finally let me turn the commentator off. And the menu music too. This more than anything make me dread starting up SF4. :(

Zapages

pmj said:
I'd consider getting this as DLC only if they would finally let me turn the commentator off. And the menu music too. This more than anything make me dread starting up SF4. :(

There's already custom soundtrack if you have PS3 version... Play the music from your music library and it'll play during the game with no commentator or background music. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ibuki = I would link her to GEN. She learn his style but it really broken. She attends to a SCHOOL that RIVALS, Sakura. (I know you guys that play Capcom games will get it.) She had fought Sakura in a hard fought battle and lost. Now she is out for Revenge. Also, Chun Li is after her because of a recent break in by a Ninja in Hong Kong, but it was not Ibuki.
Ibuki is rivals with Makoto, not Sakura.

Most of all though, Gen isn't a fucking ninja.

Super Street Fighter IV: Because the console roster additions didn't fuck up the game enough.

I don't care how much Dee Jay love it'll bring, they would need to just scrap the whole game engine and redo it from scratch to get me interested.

aw, who am I kidding, Capcom owns my soul ;_;

Caj814

Askia47 said:
Capcom should just pay ARIKA for those characters.

Did Capcom make enough off the EX games to make them worth the purchase?ARIKA should just "donate" the characters since it's been almost a decade since they were used for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom