• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Collector's Edition is $60 at Best Buy [Sold Out/Removed]

Jomjom

Banned
Bomba before it even releases.

Also it's like a 95% chance that BB honors this. They honored GTAV when the site glitched and the game was $0.00 and paid people $10 for preordering. That was BB PAYING people $10 to take a game, this is just a $20 discount.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just ordered it with store pick up. Who knows how long the standard shipping would take.

Jumped on it. In my experience BB will honor a certain number of these before shutting it down. At the very least its worth a shot. And if early reviews say its not that good its easy to cancel a BB pre-order or just return it in the same pkg it arrives in or to a local brick-n-mortar if need be. I ended up with an extra copy of Titanfall and returned it no problem.

Well I went ahead and preordered. Ironically it took more clicks than the final game will require
I kid

I wonder if Amazon will price match this later?

BLOWNY only makes cinematic games like gran turismo and mlb the show so i do not understand why anyone is expecting anything from this
How are you a moderator? You're worse than some of the users here.

Plus I don't get this hate bullshit. The new MMA game from EA looks boring as all hell, but I have yet to go into one of those threads (constantly even) and state how boring those types of games are too me and how it is trash. Shit I'd even be banned for that most likely.

Yet this is even encouraged by the mods. Embarassing. Don't even know why I bother with these boards anymore.

was on the fence with this game but bought it at this deal. if i change my mind i am sure i can ebay it or something

You really sound like that this game got released with poor reviews and now getting this just for the price alone. Its really sad to see people thinking about the game like this which has not been revealed properly yet and still got 7+ months development.

Just ordered it with store pick up. Who knows how long the standard shipping would take.

If u have GCU + "elite" status expedited shipping is free. 2 out of 3 games I pre-ordered like this arrived day of release, which means they must have shipped at least a day before the game hit store shelves. The third came the day after launch. If you dont have elite I think their standard ship time is listed as 3-5 days, but in my experience things always arrived within a couple days so even standard shipping is pretty fast.

Plus I don't get this hate bullshit. The new MMA game from EA looks boring as all hell, but I have yet to go into one of those threads (constantly even) and state how boring those types of games are too me and how it is trash. Shit I'd even be banned for that most likely.

Yet this is even encouraged by the mods. Embarassing. Don't even know why I bother with these boards anymore.

I think he was being sarcastic. MLB and Gran Turismo are not "cinematic". ;)

Edit: plus, he mentioned he put in a pre-order on this price mistake...soooo...methinks he was just funnin on the clowns who are pre-judging this game far too early...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I don't think you really made an effort to parse my posts in the thread.

RedStep

You really sound like that this game got released with poor reviews and now getting this just for the price alone. Its really sad to see people thinking about the game like this which has not been revealed properly yet and still got 7+ months development.

To be fair, sometimes it's the genre/style of the game that is the primary factor instead of quality. As in, even the best sports game is a hard sell to me because I'm not into them. JRPGs above that, etc. Not everybody has to like every game.

Hoje0308

Banned

Yes yes I got that whole joke of it. But Ive seen you in every order thread now with a similar attitude. Most times it doesnt seem like a joke.

Dude, if you can't detect sarcasm why are you even on GAF? Honestly, he mentions the fact that he ordered the game on the same page.

60 dollars in the U.S., £79 quid in the UK.

#BornInTheWrongCountry

Maybe I should import. Might as well take advantage of that region-free coding.

Percy

Banned
Dude, if you can't detect sarcasm why are you even on GAF? Honestly, he mentions the fact that he ordered the game on the same page.

lol, I can see how some might be annoyed. Threads about the order on GAF seem to be filled with serious versions of Kev's posts.

To be fair, sometimes it's the genre/style of the game that is the primary factor instead of quality. As in, even the best sports game is a hard sell to me because I'm not into them. JRPGs above that, etc. Not everybody has to like every game.

I agree, but the comment i quoted did not specify anything like genre/style and i took that as recent hate about order QTE for the gameplay so i thought he was on the fence about this game for these issues. May be i was wrong and i was just disappointed that users making their mind so early like i said above for the game which was not shown properly and still has long way to go in development.

Hoje0308

Banned
lol, I can see how some might be annoyed. Threads about the order on GAF seem to be filled with serious versions of Kev's posts.

That's the whole point though. The Order, TLoU: Remastered and the Uncharted 4 reveal being real time threads have all been bombed by shit posters. And these are just the threads I frequent. It's natural that some feel the need to get ahead of it by making the act seem laughable.

It Sold Out :(

Yeah it "sold out" alright. Hehe

I wonder how often these price "mistakes" are really mistakes vs. how often this is purposeful to gauge product interest. This sort of thing could very easily function as sort of mini-market demand study. There are metrics to take "time to sell x units" which can project out sales estimations when the product hits release date. It would make the most sense to do this with CE's too in order to prevent over or under producing copies of the game which are more expensive to the publisher vis a vis manufacturing contracts.

Or it could just be a genuine price mistake or some intern who went "oops!" on purpose to give his buddies a good deal. Lol

Yes yes I got that whole joke of it. But Ive seen you in every order thread now with a similar attitude. Most times it doesnt seem like a joke.
I've got hurt feelings, I've got hurt feelings, hurt feelings

Relique

Got in on this for 30 bucks shipped after 20 dollar discount from getting Wolfenstein. Thanks for the heads up OP

Hoje0308

Banned
Bitter/jealous Xbone console warriors?

It happens on all sides. I don't have a Box or a Wii U (yet) so I don't venture into those threads yet, mostly because I don't want to be tempted to buy another console before Zelda U comes out (limited amount of free time), so I spend most of my time in threads discussing multiplats and Sony exclusives. I was merely speaking from that perspective.

Percy

Banned
That's the whole point though. The Order, TLoU: Remastered and the Uncharted 4 reveal being real time threads have all been bombed by shit posters. And these are just the threads I frequent. It's natural that some feel the need to get ahead of it by making the act seem laughable.

I agree. I enjoy the pre-emptive mockery :)

I was just showing a little empathy for Darknessbear's annoyance with the whole thing.

It happens on all sides. I don't have a Box or a Wii U (yet) so I don't venture into those threads yet, mostly because I don't want to be tempted to buy another console before Zelda U comes out (limited amount of free time), so I spend most of my time in threads discussing multiplats and Sony exclusives. I was merely speaking from that perspective.

Yeah I totally understand. Have a couple Xbones and PS4s so I cant be bothered to give a shit about emotional aspects of console wars. Just give me the facts. There are a lot of bitter Xbone owners. MS did in fact fuck up pretty bad at launch and in system design. But good games are coming, no reason to have a dick measuring contest.

Have held off on a Wii U for the exact same reason, by the way. I have a mountainous backlog and, yet, I keep adding new games to it. The Steam summer sale set my wallet on fire too. What's wrong with me? Ever since I started frequenting NeoGAF it's like I have hoarders syndrome. Thankfully its confined just to video games. Anywho, Im sort of dreading Zelda u bc I wont get anything done for a month. And my backlog will just sit there mocking me.

Damn, missed out on this. I've been waiting for BB to put the Collector's Edition up since I'm a Gamer's Club Unlocked member. Figures the one day I don't check, it goes up with a pricing mistake.

That statue is much better than the other option they considered including.
Either way, I still don't want the statue
...okay I really want it

EL CUCO

I MISSED IT!!!
dDqgwlu.jpg

yeah that was quite an assumption. I was on the fence because I havent seen enough yet to be all in yet. The linear format that has been shown scared me a bit. I love the graphics and the environment.

I was just wanting to state I preordered a game that I am not sure I will like yet. That is all I meant to convey. It is so touchy in here sometimes.

This really reminded me of an awesome Greg Giraldo bit (not really related but just about making something out of nothing)

And - and if - if you had to be married; being married to a guy would be great. Could you imagine saying something, and having the words you said interpreted exactly the way that you intended your words to be interpreted? That would be a nice touch, wouldn't it? "Remember what you said ten years ago when we were driving in the car on the way to my mother's house?" -- "No." -- "Oh me neither! I'm a dude. Forget it. Nevermind. I was - I was about to torture you with some fake transcription skills that I knew you couldn't really call me on, and then I was going to punish you for not remembering something that you actually never did in the first place, but instead since I'm a dude I'll just shut up, we can just drive along, maybe listen to music, have a good afternoon after all.

lol

Dsyndrome

Seeing folks get the MM LE cancelled in another thread today reminded me that I ordered this back on the 4th of July last year when it was listed for $60. Lo and behold my order's nowhere to be found. Anybody else still have there's in there that ordered one? I never got any cancellation notice, and I successfully changed the payment information last fall, and the purchase was still good. I sent an email to Best Buy, hopefully it gets sorted out.

My apologies if this necro-bump makes people think Best Buy is still offering the edition for $60.

MrNelson

Banned
Seeing folks get the MM LE cancelled in another thread today reminded me that I ordered this back on the 4th of July last year when it was listed for $60. Lo and behold my order's nowhere to be found. Anybody else still have there's in there that ordered one? I never got any cancellation notice, and I successfully changed the payment information last fall, and the purchase was still good. I sent an email to Best Buy, hopefully it gets sorted out.

My apologies if this necro-bump makes people think Best Buy is still offering the edition for $60.

Just went and checked mine and it's still there.

Did you look back far enough? I expanded my open orders to 12 months, and it shows up for me. The default is open orders from the past 3 months, which won't cover it.

Hoje0308

Banned

Are you checking under Order Status?

Dsyndrome

I put in Order Status for the last 18 months, only thing that showed up was MM LE with statue. Tried putting the order number in to search, nothing.

Top Bottom