• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces&Eights

i never knew they had such great cameras back then.

Learn something new every day.

Games looks amazing, can not wait.
people can hate on it as much as they want it will not effecr my experience at all.

I do hope you understand the context of that .gif. We hold the wall to fend off ogres of ignorance and bias as they try to overrun our world in which we enjoy the games we play. One can only hold off so many drive bys before we fall to the hordes but as we lay dying in filth and mire, we have one last drink and toast RAD for fighting the good fight and bringing into this world a game that gives us joy.

nib95

Banned
Some of the official shots from other parts of the game.

image_the_order_1886-27140-2752_0006.jpg

image_the_order_1886-27140-2752_0010.jpg

image_the_order_1886-27140-2752_0001.jpg

image_the_order_1886-27140-2752_0002.jpg

image_the_order_1886-25924-2752_0001.jpg

image_the_order_1886-25122-2752_0007.jpg

image_the_order_1886-25122-2752_0012.jpg

image_the_order_1886-25924-2752_0002.jpg

Here is the art direction they are going for...

Yup. As someone who's lived in London all my life, I can say that even now London isn't that colourful of a city. Especially when you compare it to places like New York and Tokyo. It's well documented that Victorian London was a grotty, dirty cesspit covered in smog from the onset of the Industrial Revolution. The colour palette is entirely appropriate.

Not sure what people are expecting. Not every game must look like Super Mario. Muted colours are just as legitimate as vibrant colours as a general artistic direction.

Let me switch to my CRT.... much better!

Game looks great but its too close to Bloodborne, I'll pick it up in the late summer drought provided Phantom Pain isn't released and I'm finished with Witcher 3.

I think it lands at a perfect time. 3 hours per week and I would have finished this game at-least once before bloodborne drops

I do hope you understand the context of that .gif. We hold the wall to fend off ogres of ignorance and bias as they try to overrun our world in which we enjoy the games we play. One can only hold off so many drive bys before we fall to the hordes but as we lay dying in filth and mire, we have one last drink and toast RAD for fighting the good fight and bringing into this world a game that gives us joy.
Yes mate, i quoted your gif by mistake.

You would build a high wall of obstacles while you risk your own men not getting in and out of the road/bridge? So you would just hunker down there, never ever going anywhere, or just going out the back, never advancing?

You do see that gatehouse in that shot right? Also, I never said anything about a high wall

I wouldn't throw stuff in front of my wall to block my shots

Not even this game can get a pass for the graphics...Its fine if people don't like the way it looks etc, but the visuals demonstrated in this game are pretty damn impressive relative to other games on the market.

The game seems to have a much smokier/foggier look in certain outdoor locations, giving it a specific atmosphere compared to other locations.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Was there ever a game so hated before release? What have this game done to offend people?

I'm arguing with someone about proper sandbag placement.

I think I might stay out of Order threads and hop into the OT if I decide to pick up the game, cause hoo boy.

Gestault

The amount of motion blur and post-processing sort of makes stills of this game look a bit "bleh." In motion it looks great, but it's weird seeing how soft and frankly...degraded the image looks in stills. Still, those assets tho.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Not even this game can get a pass for the graphics...Its fine if people don't like the way it looks etc, but the visuals demonstrated in this game are pretty damn impressive relative to other games on the market.
Well according to some people graphics today need to look more real than real life.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The amount of motion blur and post-processing sort of makes stills of this game look a bit "bleh." In motion it looks great, but it's weird seeing how soft and frankly...degraded the image looks in stills. Still, those assets tho.

Yeah, it is kind of nuts to see. We've seen this part in motion before and it looks way more impressive. Hell, the smoothness of the motion blur makes the game almost look like it's running above 30fps when you see actual footage but it does make screens tough to take. Hopefully we get a photomode.

jiiikoo

Banned
Yeah, it is kind of nuts to see. We've seen this part in motion before and it looks way more impressive. Hell, the smoothness of the motion blur makes the game almost look like it's running above 30fps when you see actual footage but it does make screens tough to take. Hopefully we get a photomode.

Didn't Shinobi say it was coming, but after launch.

Game reminds me a ton of Gears of War, except with a much better story. Not sure why people forgive Gears of War so much, but kill other games when they do very similar things.

I don't know if there is co-op in this though, and the co-op in Gears made that game one of my favorite games of last gen.

But when I look at the two games, they really seem similar to me, and that's precisely why I'm super excited about it. Game looks great. I actually saw a commercial for this on TV the other day... is Sony actually going to push some marketing for this game? If they do, the graphics of this game alone in commercials will move units.

realcZk

Game reminds me a ton of Gears of War, except with a much better story. Not sure why people forgive Gears of War so much, but kill other games when they do very similar things.

I don't know if there is co-op in this though, and the co-op in Gears made that game one of my favorite games of last gen.

But when I look at the two games, they really seem similar to me, and that's precisely why I'm super excited about it. Game looks great.

I don't believe there will be any coop or forms of multiplayer in this.

slider

I haven't preordered this cos I'm the very disorganised type.

I'm assuming it'll be priced uncompetitively on the store. Better get my ass in gear.

Phamit

In Motion the games seems to be really blurry, probably because of Motion Blur and DoF? The Film Grain doesn't help either, don't like these effects, seems to destroy the otherwise clean IQ.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
As I said in the other, now redundant thread, this game is IMHO a paradigm shift in visuals, similar to what Gears was when it first came out. Before Gears it was all about how to make as many polygons as possible with as high texture resolution as possible. The way visuals were composed in that game, made everyone rethink things. I think this game will have similar effect on visuals we'll be seeing down the line.

The internet has created so many experts...

Of course, par for the course; it's a Sony exclusive...

I'm really looking forward to this, a little over a week away now. I just have to talk the wife into letting me buy it for my birthday 3 weeks early, lol.

Yep, that's a classic The Order thread!

Seems so. Concern is too damn high!
A thread of screenshots of a game, and you people lose your minds that people say what they think of the screenshots shown, and then somehow accuse all the on topic posts of being 'shitposting' or 'concern trolling' .
Stating you think something looks stupid or bad or overused is not concern trolling btw, if you're going to use the term to try to shut down discussion (because that's what you're trying to achieve) at least use it right.

Was there ever a game so hated before release? What have this game done to offend people?
What makes you think the motive for criticising or giving an opinion on screenshots in a screenshot thread is 'hate'?
Someone doesn't like chromatic abberation and you dismiss their opinion as 'hating this particular game'
No, they hate CA and dissaprove of its use, learn the difference.

This forum has become so incredibly toxic over the past year or two : every single thread with any differing opinions now has multiple pages dedicated to people trying to shut down discussion in varying ways (as quoted above)
Noone can talk about anything anymore because you have these roaming cliques of posters who get personally offended when someone is not mirroring their own opinion or *gasp* dares to sully the honor of a video game

kpaadet

Generally screenshots look worse from post-effect standpoint then animation, but this game basically resolves around screenshoting it and this art direction like eliminate the whole point.

Thats why i think SMAA T1x is glorious in Ryse in-game, but for screenshots i turn it off.

Still, blur from AA technique, is different than from CA and grain filter, those should be always up to a user if he wants them to be turn on or off. Same goes for lens flares, which personally dont annoy me, but some gamers, very.
Even in a The Order thread, you just have to name drop a Crytek game, never change KKRT00.

Shin-Ra

PNG's!

BEAUTIFUL PNG's!

(seriously, all the screenshots since the reveal I've found have been shitty jpegs)

Even in a The Order thread, you just have to name drop a Crytek game, never change KKRT00.

His reasoning is sound, though.
That would be great if someone wants to offer discussion.
"What is this 2006? Why is everything so brown" when that is clearly not the case, is shit posting and does not offer discussion.

Aren't you doing the same thing in this one post? If you don't think people are offering anything up ignore them and/or block them. If you think they're a menace maybe alert a mod and let them deal with it if they need to.

x-Lundz-x

A thread of screenshots of a game, and you people lose your minds that people say what they think of the screenshots shown, and then somehow accuse all the on topic posts of being 'shitposting' or 'concern trolling' .
Stating you think something looks stupid or bad or overused is not concern trolling btw, if you're going to use the term to try to shut down discussion (because that's what you're trying to achieve) at least use it right.

What makes you think the motive for criticising or giving an opinion on screenshots in a screenshot thread is 'hate'?
Someone doesn't like chromatic abberation and you dismiss their opinion as 'hating this particular game'
No, they hate CA and dissaprove of its use, learn the difference.

This forum has become so incredibly toxic over the past year or two : every single thread with any differing opinions now has multiple pages dedicated to people trying to shut down discussion in varying ways (as quoted above)
Noone can talk about anything anymore because you have these roaming cliques of posters who get personally offended when someone is not mirroring their own opinion or *gasp* dares to sully the honor of a video game

That would be great if someone wants to offer discussion.
"What is this 2006? Why is everything so brown" when that is clearly not the case, is shit posting and does not offer discussion.

But when I look at the two games, they really seem similar to me, and that's precisely why I'm super excited about it. Game looks great. I actually saw a commercial for this on TV the other day... is Sony actually going to push some marketing for this game? If they do, the graphics of this game alone in commercials will move units.

Gears was pretty original it the way it implemented the cover system and was a good game so deserves to be forgiven for whatever issues you might think it has. I can't think of too many to be honest.

The Order does look gorgeous. Can't understand the criticism of the graphics. Everything else is still up for debate though. We will find out for sure how good it really is soon enough.

There is definitely a clash of Troll vs. Hype in any thread that so much as mentions it though. The shit-posts are annoying, but so is the relentless hype and praise being lumped on it from some people. It stops any decent discussion taking place.

It looks really nice but my gut reaction was that it looks very bland due to lack of color. Then again, that's like every game today. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom