• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, what the fuck happened here? All the final impressions sound fantastic! What is everyone still losing their shit over? The killzone comparison? Thought that was clarified?

The thing is people latch on to the one negative criticism someone says and then it goes on for pages about how that person didn't like the game. In reality the impressions have been pretty positive with a few nitpicks that may not even bother most of us. Impressions are gonna have some negatives in there, comes with the territory.

Loudninja

This could be the next Sony big franchise, ala Uncharted. A first installment with insane production values offering a solid, tight experience, despite the flaws inherent to a first venture in the category; and then a second one, that takes it to the next level.
Do not care one iota about reviews, especially after the DriveClub episode (What a travesty).
I hope The Order succeeds, because I like the lore, the setting and the possibilities relating to different contexts and characters. I hope it does well enough to have the sequel green-lit...
Yeah like I said before Sony seems to think the game will be big.
From Kratos to Nathan Drake, Killzone to LittleBigPlanet, and the many other iconic characters and franchises that have delivered greatness in technology, storytelling, and gameplay through the power of the PlayStation for the last 20 years, it’s these incredible, captivating experiences that empower your passion for PlayStation.

This is why we partnered with the amazing talent of Ready At Dawn Studios to bring you the next “Big Game” for your PS4, hitting Feb 20th: The Order: 1886. Fittingly, from one Big Game to the biggest of them all this Sunday, Sir Galahad and The Knights of The Order: 1886 will debut a new TV trailer in the build up to kick-off. As one of PlayStation 4’s biggest new exclusives in recent memory, it’s the perfect time for The Order: 1886 to be at the forefront.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/31/the-order-1886-kicks-off-big-game-with-new-trailer/

Korten

Banned
tumblr_ncy4n9ODQb1s5yau2o2_500.gif

Nah, I see what he means. The Order does look like a bad top-down platforming RPG.

hydruxo

Nearly 4600 posts

And all because of screengrabs. lol

God help the internet when reviews hit, Then again i'll be too busy playing the game and will check the meltdown after i am done with it.

That's a good idea honestly haha. I think I'll avoid reviews until I beat it too.

Finish the game, come back, and let's do rank wars. Rest of you who have finished it, feel free to join in. Here, I'll start.

Shit > The Order: 1886
Calm down baby girl, no need to be so defensive.
It wasn't me.

Who hurt Theman2k's feelings?

It wasn't me.

It was GAF. (Disclaimer: GAF may not be one entity, but you are because since when has anyone recognised individual thoughts, and feelings.)

I go take a nap and I wake up to this. Brilliant (and right). <3 Verendus

lurgan what would you give the game out of 10?

well. if we take it a little easy with staff like no mirror reflection of Galahad (just like every other game, eh?) for it's the first project this big for RAD - i'd gladly give it 9 out of 10.

btw game had a day-zero patch of 66Mb. I just thought Gaf should know...

Just going to ask again.

Can anyone who's played through the game comment on whether it includes any big set piece moments or not?

There's no sign of them in any trailers so far but i love stuff ilk ethat so I'm hoping they're in the game.

Lingitiz

I have a feeling they will be joining WWS soon.

They are a talent that needs to be acquired.

Ehh let's wait until the game is out first, right? I think if it does well in sales and reception then Sony should definitely greenlight a sequel and see where it goes from there, but decisions to buy studios don't happen that easily. Sucker Punch was making PS exclusive games for a while before both sides were ready to officially make the deal.

Do you still recommend this even for bad players taking into consideration that I struggled to get through TLOU on normal mode?

I would recommend playing on normal then. Order is a bit easier than TLOU about shooting things with lots of ammo and many auto\semi-auto weapons

2thepoint

so others cant enjoy their games?

like shinobi said, they like being independent.

don't know why so many people want to deprive others of quality devs

They want to join the big leagues and go toe-to-toe with the likes of Naughty Dog, and they most certainly have the talent to achieve that.

They need to be under the umbrella of Sony to be on that level.

Them being funded already by SCE and partnering with Santa Monica bodes well for the future.

They are an unbelievably talented studio, and they would be the perfect addition to WWS.

For those who have played it, is there Amy humor in the dialogue between characters? In the Conspiracy Trailer when he says "Stop for a pint did you?" Is there that humor in the banter?

so others cant enjoy their games?

like shinobi said, they like being independent.

don't know why so many people want to deprive others of quality devs
Because it makes good business sense in many cases? It's not about wanting to deprive people of games, it's about building brand quality and pushing the heights of game development by being supported by a big corporation like Sony.

Don't know why so many people want to bitch and moan about being "deprived of games."
Ehh let's wait until the game is out first, right? I think if it does well in sales and reception then Sony should definitely greenlight a sequel and see where it goes from there, but decisions to buy studios don't happen that easily. Sucker Punch was making PS exclusive games for a while before both sides were ready to officially make the deal.
That said, I agree. I don't think they need to attempt to get RAD right away. It makes a lot of sense to go the Sucker Punch route first. Maybe see what the next game is like.

Naudi

Banned
Man...I got this game in my gamefly queue bit really thinking about buying it. I want too but just bought bloodborne+guide and FF type-O. tough decisions

VinFTW

Because it makes good business sense in many cases? It's not about wanting to deprive people of games, it's about building brand quality and pushing the heights of game development by being supported by a big corporation like Sony.

Don't know why so many people want to bitch and moan about being "deprived of games."

Um, because it sucks? What a shit thing to say lol

Why limit a studios growth? They could be the next Epic games for all we know.

Just going to ask again.

Can anyone who's played through the game comment on whether it includes any big set piece moments or not?

There's no sign of them in any trailers so far but i love stuff ilk ethat so I'm hoping they're in the game.

well. some of the locations were visually big, but that's it. there's nothing remotely wide open. plus the game plays more like Gears of war - you have to shoot thru most sections like it or not. there's nothing like TLOU where you could either stealth through or shoot everyone.

orochi91

If the game turns out good, then yea, I'd like Sony to add RAD to WWS.

The more, the merrier!

well. some of the locations were visually big, but that's it. there's nothing remotely wide open. plus the game plays more like Gears of war - you have to shoot thru most sections like it or not. there's nothing like TLOU where you could either stealth through or shoot everyone.

I think he means if there are any TLOU Spoiler
Giraffe Moments
or falling Chateau momenta like in Uncharted 3.

Oh no I mean big set-piece moments like the plane / Collapsing building / sinking ship in Uncharted or the parachute / exploding temple section in TR - you know, interactive epic set pieces. Love those in these kind of games, TLOU didn't really have any.

For those who have played it, is there Amy humor in the dialogue between characters? In the Conspiracy Trailer when he says "Stop for a pint did you?" Is there that humor in the banter?

yep. Lafayette is enjoyable character and he is the most ironic. I liked him a lot. Other characters were less light minded. But over all the wrighting and dialogs are superb.

Um, because it sucks? What a shit thing to say lol

Why limit a studios growth? They could be the next Epic games for all we know.
No it doesn't really suck, and it's not shit to say. It's life, welcome to it. I don't bitch and moan when a game isn't on my console. I buy the console, or I don't play it. It's really not that hard. You're not entitled to entertainment. Especially when it might be in a company's better interest to be exclusive.

Would they be limited? How do you know that? Can you prove that staying independent makes more financial sense? If it does, why do so many companies agree to join companies as exclusive studios? Do you know more about their finances than they do?

Hint:
it's better for their growth.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No problem. :)

Tough to say. That arc gun is something else. But some of the semi auto pistols let you fire off as fast as your trigger finger allows, and that feels damn good too. The hand cannon revolvers are equally badass. The carbines are super accurate and punchy, with that satisfying CLINK! Like the M1 garand.

So far, I think its the standard issue rifle equipped with the pressurized canister that I most fond of.

I can definitely see myself blasting through this game over and over just for the encounters. But just like Infamous Second Son, the scarcity of truly consequential collectibles is kind of a bummer for that.
This post is the most exciting for me. I often will pop in a game and just go straight to some encounters, particularly on KZ2 and the Uncharted games, so this game delivering on that front means a lot. It was one of my main concerns.

Oh no I mean big set-piece moments like the plane / Collapsing building / sinking ship in Uncharted or the parachute / exploding temple section in TR - you know, interactive epic set pieces. Love those in these kind of games, TLOU didn't really have any.

Sadly, there's none. all the locations are smaller than that.

2thepoint

No it doesn't really suck, and it's not shit to say. It's life, welcome to it. I don't bitch and moan when a game isn't on my console. I buy the console, or I don't play it. It's really not that hard. You're not entitled to entertainment. Especially when it might be in a company's better interest to be exclusive.

Would they be limited? How do you know that? Can you prove that staying independent makes more financial sense? If it does, why do so many companies agree to join companies as exclusive studios? Do you know more about their finances than they do?

If reviews turn out well, and sales are good, I can see Sony doing something similar to acquiring Sucker Punch in which the success of Infamous led Sony to a buyout to make sure they stay exclusive to Playstation.

To go from a handheld developer to this is just amazing.

Scott Rohde is a smart guy. There has to be discussions going on behind the scenes.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Do you still recommend this even for bad players taking into consideration that I struggled to get through TLOU on normal mode?

If you had issues with TLOU on normal I would say leave the game on normal and play through the first two chapters if its fine leave it there if its too easy they raise the difficulty.

What was your final time for the game?

A little over 15 hours but that is an inflated time due to ..... goofing off. I can pretty much guarantee my next play through will take longer than this one. If I were to actually just burn through the game you could knock two maybe three hours off of that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom