• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
Amazes me that people even bother to write a review in a language they clearly have no grasp of.

There is far, far too many completely incoherent reviews in the media.
A review is simply one's take on the game, an opinion. What was so difficult to understand in what he was trying to communicate. Could you point to the parts where you had difficulty understanding his cryptic speak?

spekkeh

Banned
Imagine if movie reviews were done similarly to game reviews.

Cameras were always rolling, everyone was well lit, and makeup applied. Nothing fell in front of the camera during filming.

10/10

Lol yep sounds like a game review.

"this game only gets a 5? that's impossible, there were no major bugs"

Ricky_R

I recognized Téa Leoni's head.

I'm sorry. Here's a bit more of her. ;)

tea-leoni-pictures-5.jpg

Steroyd

why review embargos though? no faith in their product?

Not neccesarily, if there are no embargo's then reviewers could rush through the game and write a review quickly for the sake of being "worlds first" rather than taking their time and go through as much content as possible without worrying about other websites pulling the trigger earlier than them.

Of course as with DLC, expansions, patching and pre-ordering it gets abused in the wrong ways, but this doesn't smell of it.

HGH

Banned
I am wagering my lunch on the fact that all the reviewers have been paid/bought off because of the controversy and it will get 8/9 out of 10.
EDIT: I'm sorry I'm sorry! It was a joke in poor taste really!

Karu

Imagine if movie reviews were done similarly to game reviews.

Cameras were always rolling, everyone was well lit, and makeup applied. Nothing fell in front of the camera during filming.

10/10
presentation includes art style/cinematography, which is certainly a factor in movie reviews.

Numbers are gonna bomb so bad........ it'll be glorious.
"Haha, I love it when people lose their jobs!! Fuck cinematic gaming!!"

it's really insensitive hoping that a game will fail considering there are actual real people who will feel the effects who haven't done anything wrong.

Metascore 89, reviewers lap up these cinematic experiences, falling over themselves to 'prove' that video games are an art. I jest, a little,

I think it will be a solid game, it's just suffered a lot from this speedrun leak controversy.

User score, 4.5.

danowat

Banned
A review is simply one's take on the game, an opinion. What was so difficult to understand in what he was trying to communicate. Could you point to the parts where you had difficulty understanding his cryptic speak?

It devalues the industry when people can even be bothered to write correct English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom