• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 | TV Commercial

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEIZZ4nySX8

This is why we partnered with the amazing talent of Ready At Dawn Studios to bring you the next “Big Game” for your PS4, hitting Feb 20th: The Order: 1886. Fittingly, from one Big Game to the biggest of them all this Sunday, Sir Galahad and The Knights of The Order: 1886 will debut a new TV trailer in the build up to kick-off. As one of PlayStation 4’s biggest new exclusives in recent memory, it’s the perfect time for The Order: 1886 to be at the forefront.
It’s been a long fantastic, journey bringing The Order: 1886 to PS4, and we are extremely proud to see it showcased before Sunday’s big game.

Which begs the question, who will win? Seattle? New England? My pick? Easy…The Order: 1886.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/31/the-order-1886-kicks-off-big-game-with-new-trailer/

Thanks SolidSnake.

Azdoune

I don't know if we have already seen the sequence where Galahad fall and launch a grenade in the same time.
It seems nervous and gorgeous to me. 20 days left!

HanaChie

Banned
Is there a single person who has been sold on a game from a trailer quote? They always seems so unnecessary to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Commercial isn't as good as the recent online marketing has been.

3 quotes that focuses on the visuals.
Press previews haven't exactly been kind to this game and they probably want to make it clear that the footage is in game. I honestly can't think of many commercial quotes that aren't about visuals.

Why would they focus on anything else in a tv ad?

Radio commercial to say how sound is so good in the game with 5.1 Dolby surround :eek:

Mc Donalds focus on taste, health and price on their TV ads. Visuals is of course one of the main point of using TV commercial but it could be smarter or at least complementary to use other things as selling points.

CozMick

Banned
Because its a game? the visuals should speak for itself.

Not when the majority use pre rendered footage (Evolve xbox ad)

But I see what you're saying, lets just cross our fingers and toes and hope for the best.

People seem to have made up their minds regardless coming from the recent order threads

Wabba

So, what kind of sentences do you propose if you want to sell a game in 30 sec?

I dont know, but why put in 3 quotes that basically describe the same thing. I would remove the quotes all together, it takes the customer away from the trailer and there focus is on the pointless sentences.

The visuals of this title are never before seen shit. The gameplay, is " before seen shit " with some soft body physics never before seen, which is again a visual thing. What quotes would fit better with a TV ad? " You can almost feel the thermite rifle in your hand! " " gameplay is a mixture of TLOU and Tomb Raider and Gears of War! " Come on. This is a short TV ad. Grab attention, grab it quick and make the person watching interested to see more.

Commercial does what it needs to. Sets forth an interesting story, solid voice acting, solid location and tech, and makes the Lycan fights look potentially really intense.

I dont know, but why put in 3 quotes that basically describe the same thing. I would remove the quotes all together, it takes the customer away from the trailer and there focus is on the pointless sentences.

It's a few adjectives don't worry about it.

Loudninja

This is why we partnered with the amazing talent of Ready At Dawn Studios to bring you the next “Big Game” for your PS4, hitting Feb 20th: The Order: 1886. Fittingly, from one Big Game to the biggest of them all this Sunday, Sir Galahad and The Knights of The Order: 1886 will debut a new TV trailer in the build up to kick-off. As one of PlayStation 4’s biggest new exclusives in recent memory, it’s the perfect time for The Order: 1886 to be at the forefront.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/31/the-order-1886-kicks-off-big-game-with-new-trailer/

Azdoune

That's what i think..I work in communications, and believe me it is not that easy. You have 30 seconds to get a message across. The amount of information retained by the viewer is not high, much less in tv advertising. Knowing that, this message is broadcast on television, the target is the general public, not the players who read the tests. you need to sale the best looking game at this time, why should they focus on a different quality?

Kinda funny how all the quotes are exclusively about the visual aspect :) Edit: beaten.
Let's hope the game holds up in the gameplay department.

hydruxo

Are people really nitpicking about the critics excerpts? It's really not that big of a deal.

Anyways, good to see Sony really pushing ads for the game.

R_Deckard

Are people really nitpicking about the critics excerpts? It's really not that big of a deal.

Anyways, good to see Sony really pushing ads for the game. Hope this plays during the Super Bowl.
Because this is the first time a games quotes have centred on visuals...oh wait..(checks title) yep this is an Order 1886 thread for sure!

Marvel

could never
Great trailer, I know I'll like this game a lot. But I'm expecting it to be Ryse basically.

Not a bad thing though. Loved Ryse for what it was.

Niven

I've not really followed this game but I've became interested recently and hope someone can answer my questions.

1. Will this itch my gears of war scratch?
2. Is there any other modes apart from the main story?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've not really followed this game but I've became interested recently and hope someone can answer my questions.

1. Will this itch my gears of war scratch?
2. Is there any other modes apart from the main story?
Single player only.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
solid commercial, but i would have liked to see some more gameplay. still going to buy & play this in the coming months.

depending on how long before the SB they play this, it may have been worth it to just cough up the dough for an in-game ad. i feel like tomorrow's going to be huge.

Are people really nitpicking about the critics excerpts? It's really not that big of a deal..

i don't get what it is about this game that makes people freak out

Noobcraft

I'm more excited for the screenshot thread than the game. They should really show more than the same bits of gameplay and dialogue over and over. The graphics are excellent though.

Top Bottom