• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 | TV Commercial

Really looking forward to this game, The setting, Atmosphere, Weaponry, Visuals.....A true showpiece for the ps4 which is already putting peoples noses out of joint and t's not even out yet.

The Lamp

3 quotes that focuses on the visuals.

It amazes me to notice this in person, but when I watch friends play games, it's like they're highly tolerant of shitty, derivative, boring gameplay as long as the graphics impress them.

So I don't blame them for going for those quotes in a TV ad.

Cream

Banned
It amazes me to notice this in person, but when I watch friends play games, it's like they're highly tolerant of shitty, derivative, boring gameplay as long as the graphics impress them.

So I don't blame them for going for those quotes in a TV ad.

A lot of people, myself include, are fond of strong atmosphere and immersion. Graphics help facilitate that.

They just played it on NBC. I wonder if that's it or if they'll play it during the game.

Probably during the game and thereafter, though I'm not sure how much space it'll get on those networks after the game. Don't be surprised to see it on Spike, Scyfy, and FX though from here on out.

This is cool, although I really hope in the weeks leading up to the game release they are planning to use snippets of the game combined with (or just the) footage from their marketing campaign that takes place in modern day, uncovering bits and pieces of the secret past of The Order 1886. Could be really awesome!

Gintamen

There is an airship, there are some lycans and next gen graphics.., not really hyped with that display though. Maybe because I've seen both parts played already, but still no.

There is an airship, there are some lycans and next gen graphics.., not really hyped with that display though. Maybe because I've seen both parts played already, but still no.

Unfortunately, I doubt they can show much in the ways of triple barreled shotgun utilizing explosive rounds and the effect it has : P

So 19 days more to come. And I'm here waiting
nkbwik.gif

my friends got me a $50 gamestop gift card for my birthday. I'm debating whether to get this, or tr (i'm a huge uncharted fan and never played a tr game in my entire life), or gtav, or batman arkham 4.

my friends got me a $50 gamestop gift card for my birthday. I'm debating whether to get this, or tr (i'm a huge uncharted fan and never played a tr game in my entire life), or gtav, or batman arkham 4.

Well TR DE should be 15 on Black Friday easily if you can wait a bit longer.

RexNovis

Banned
I'm surprised that Sony didn't buy time for a commercial for the superbowl

You do realize how ridiculously overpriced that is right? I think it was something like 5 million for 30 seconds of airtime this year. Probably the entire marketing budget for the game. I wish marketing wasn't necessary at all and we could just use all the money to invest in development (staff, time, resources etc).

It's depressing how some of the AAA games today spend more money on marketing than actual development. And people wonder why things are broken or rushed? Maybe it because the development budget is shrinking in favor of the more immediate profit potential of marketing. Ugh now I'm sad.

RexNovis

Banned
jesus christ

jesus christ

jesus christ

jesus christ

jesus christ

jesus christ

Uhh Verendus is there a reason you have 6 posts saying "jesus christ" in 6 seperate threads? Bit odd ain't it?

Even more odd they were preceeded by numerous posts of "jeebus rice"

jebus rice

jebus rice

jebus rice

jebus rice

I've never heard anyone say "jeebus rice" before.. What on earth are you getting at man?

Teknoman

Really looking forward to this game, The setting, Atmosphere, Weaponry, Visuals.....A true showpiece for the ps4 which is already putting peoples noses out of joint and t's not even out yet.

People really need to support action games with a unique premise/atmosphere this gen.

Top Bottom