• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The photo that told me Nintendo hit a home run with Switch

$50 says Nintendo gave them those Switches for free. Not being critical or anything, I love my Switch, but if the entire team had all personally bought their own, they wouldn't all have Neons.
Just by the fact they are wearing the same clothes I'm guessing they're pretty close. They probably all coordinate to get neon switches before launch.

Koren

Should you be using a Switch wirelessly on a plane?
Well, it's probably a private flight...

I'm pretty sure it's a no-go on most (all?) commercial flights, though. But in fact, there's honestly no risk for the plane. The rules are half a century old, set when FM devices could reduce the SR of communications between planes and towers. You don't want pilots having troubles understanding the communications during take-off or landing.

Thankfully, all electronic equipments in a plane are efficiently shielded, and technology for communications have improved a lot.

A lot of flight have in-flight WiFi, now. They'll stay really cautious, and in a customer place you shouldn't do it if you want to avoid troubles with the airline company, but a wireless game on Switch definitively won't do any harm to a plane.

eizarus

Banned
I'll buy it when Agüero and Ronaldo pick one up
But not really. I'll buy later this year. Hopefully. Maybe.

tsundoku

Why not? Most planes offer WiFi on board. You're only supposed to have them in airplane mode during take off and landing.
youre only supposed to have your devices turned off or in airplane mode during the safety breifing so you pay attention

wireless devices havent interfered with the communications equipment for decades

What do people have against grey joy cons? Everyone only seems to like the neon colores.

Before the January conference, so before the Neon colors were unveiled, I said on here multiple times that that drab grey color Joy-Con/black analog sticks and face buttons combo was the only thing I didn't like about the system and that I really hoped it wasn't the final model. Turns out it was the final model but Nintendo had the common sense to release non-drab colors. The grey Switch looks like the CD-i remote:

philips-cdi-remote-thumbstick-controller-loose.jpg

That color on an electronic device meant to look sleek is about 20 years out of place.

tsundoku

Before the January conference, so before the Neon colors were unveiled, I said on here multiple times that that drab grey color Joy-Con/black analog sticks and face buttons combo was the only thing I didn't like about the system and that I really hoped it wasn't the final model. Turns out it was the final model but Nintendo had the common sense to release non-drab colors. The grey Switch looks like the CD-i remote:

philips-cdi-remote-thumbstick-controller-loose.jpg

That color on an electronic device meant to look sleek is about 20 years out of place.

it is kind of shitty that early adopters dont get black joycons but the mishmash of non matching non complementary soft blue and blazing red is really dumb
i wish they had actually gone for a soft red

Occam

There's this relatively unknown marketing instrument called "celebrity endorsement". Look it up, it'll blow your mind.

ThisGuy

Look at all this proof the switch is gonna rise to the top, because its the cream of the crop

Nintendo gots proof falling out its pockets. Nintendo gonna need parachute pants when pokemon hits. Its over people.

It all comes down to EA. They need to make sure FIFA Switch is fully realized and they're not taking shortcuts on it because it's not only beneficial to Nintendo, but to them too.

Top Bottom