• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The photo that told me Nintendo hit a home run with Switch

Dynheart

Banned
This thread tells me that no matter how positive a situation may appear, people will take the devil's advocate route/glass half empty approach and call it realistic. These two do not always have to go hand in hand. A lot of the times, a picture can just tell the story with out all of the negative cryptic reading between the lines.

I don't understand the self congratulatory love letter topics popping up about owning a Switch. Just enjoy the system instead of giving into insecurity about owning one.
Eeeerrr... Nintendo could've gone down with another Wii U level disaster. We're all happy that they found commercial success with a product that, even with its downsides, is having everyone very happy. So its only normal that we are enjoying the positive news.

Had it been the outerwear other way we would've had the same number of threads but I the opposite direction with a small Nintendo defense force complaining in them. I'm glad it hasn't turned that way.

This thread tells me that no matter how positive a situation may appear, people will take the devil's advocate route/glass half empty approach and call it realistic. These two do not always have to go hand in hand. A lot of the times, a picture can just tell the story with out all of the negative cryptic reading between the lines.

You can call it shitposting, that's what it is. Awfully familiar names from multiple Switch topics spouting the same negativity...

MoonFrog

I think what you're missing is that much of GAF sees a Sony product as an unquestionably lovable product and those threads are "fitting" reactions.

Nintendo on the other hand...makes meh shit people feel compelled to buy because they want one or two games, that is meh shit that should go away and free those games to a lovable platform. So being into a Nintendo product is having your head on wrong or lying to yourself. It isn't anything like having different or broader taste, no, of course not!

Meier

Is it normal for your sports teams to all wear the same clothes out of uniform?

For what it's worth -- yes. Athletes frequently have to wear coordinated clothing when traveling officially. It's a part of their sponsorship deals. Man City have a deal with DSquared2 and wear their clothing when traveling for the Champions League.

nintchdbpict000308838696.jpg

175778.jpg

Nothing about that photo seems natural.

I actually don't think it's that unnatural. The club photographer probably just asked them to pose with them since they were playing together. With that being said, it wouldn't at all be surprising if they provided the players with free units to encourage their playing them.

spekkeh

Banned
Is he playing Arms Though? How? 🤔. Samsung is doing a bottom tier PR effort here with his S7 instead of an S8.

Hearing Madrid want the Champions League final delayed by an hour or so tonight so they have time to compete in the 7pm local time test punch.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
The funny thing is that they made this celebration twice, because the first goal was VAR nullified.

As I said before (in this or another thread), Switch will be huge with bands, football teams and any other group of people that travel frequently from one place to another, and that's great, because it's free publicity.

It's also very apparent that having Mario Kart and Splatoon early is a great idea.

Porcile

I don't really think Switch is going to be successful in the long term. Once all the football teams have got their Switches then who is going to buy Switches after that? There isn't a big market for Nintendo stuff besides the football teams who we can expect to buy anything Nintendo releases.

sibarraz

Banned
Yes, but after the match they'll get them back in hand.

The guy on the left in the airport picture just looking is asking about that.

"I thought you could just give me half the controller and I could play"

"No you can't"

"I swear on the ad-"

"I SAID NO"

Can you play with 8 switches at the same time with one of them having 2 players?

I don't really think Switch is going to be successful in the long term. Once all the football teams have got their Switches then who is going to buy Switches after that? There isn't a big market for Nintendo stuff besides the football teams who we can expect to buy anything Nintendo releases.

zh3t5.jpg

Nintenleo

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Were they provided for free? " promotional consideration provided by Nintendo "...
Isn't that obvious?
don't tell me this thread is full of people that think they went to the shop and paid for them? lol
They would have multiple copies of games and a bunch of Switchs in their hotel room alone with the latest Nikes, etc
I've seen this shit before and most the time they leave them behind once they're done, and the clean up crew packs everything up and moves to the next location.
They get on the coach or plane and they have a bunch more to play with, new in box and ready to go.
Been happening for years.

spekkeh

Banned
Isn't that obvious?
don't tell me this thread is full of people that think they went to the shop and paid for them? lol
They would have multiple copies of games and a bunch of Switchs in their hotel room alone with the latest Nikes, etc
I've seen this shit before and most the time they leave them behind once they're done, and the clean up crew packs everything up and moves to the next location.
They get on the coach or plane and they have a bunch more to play with, new in box and ready to go.
Been happening for years.
And then they have to start over and unlock everything again? Crappy deal.

Barcelona maybe. Football team of Australia and Chile though? Nah.

Top Bottom