• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade is losing its classic tables

gspat

It appears as though the license holder for a good deal of the tables available on Pinball Arcade is declining to renew, so they will no longer be for sale after the end of June.

The list of tables disappearing are:

The Addams Family
Attack from Mars
Banzai Run
Black Knight
Black Knight 2000
Black Rose
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Cactus Canyon
Centaur
The Champion Pub
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Cyclone
Diner
Doctor Who
Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray
Earthshaker
Eight Ball Deluxe
Elvira and the Party Monsters
F-14 Tomcat
Fathom
Fireball
Firepower
Firepower II
Fish Tales
Fun House
The Getaway: High Speed 2
Gorgar
High Speed
Hurricane
Indianapolis 500
Jack Bot
Judge Dredd
Junk Yard
The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
No Fear: Dangerous Sports
No Good Gofers
Paragon
The Party Zone
PIN•BOT
Red and Ted's Road Show
Safe Cracker
Scared Stiff
Sorcerer
Space Shuttle
Spanish Eyes
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Swords Of Fury
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Taxi
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Theatre of Magic
Twilight Zone
White Water
Whirlwind
WHO Dunnit
Wild Card
World Champion Soccer
Xenon

I know they had a kickstarter to pay for the rights to The Addams Family to raise $100,000.00.

This just sucks.

Except for the original tables available on disc for PS4, the rest are all digital.

They promise to support those who already purchased, but new players will be out in the cold.

Link to arstechnica article

I have to think that if I donated money to "help preserve pinball history," I'd be pretty mad right now.

It's just wrong that these amazing tables were stuck with a company who never allowed players to sort their leaderboards by their friends, never allowed platform specific leaderboards, never allowed players to turn off the music on the tables, had some of the worst UI I've ever seen in a game, promised to improve the UI and then did nothing for years, and now we find out that they only held rights to these tables for a very small amount of time.

I can only hope that the license holder didn't renew, because they decided to go with the Pinball FX developers. Their ball physics might not be as good, but at least they aren't completely braindead when it comes to supporting their product.

wipeout364

It’s interesting because originally I was much more of a Pinball Arcade fan but I have come to really enjoy Pinball FX over the last couple years and have spent most of my time on their platform.
That said I probably should pick up pinball arcade back catalog on Steam if the tables are going away.

liberteer

Neo Member
It's a bad thing, but luckily Zen Studios got the Williams license and so far, they're handling it pretty good.

Top Bottom