• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Politics of Blonde White Women as Right-Winged Figures

Amory

That's some hot truth right there.
Why is everyone acting like this BS is some kind of obvious truth?

Boomers just love blonde women. Didn't everyone love blondes in the 60s and 70s or whatever?

Anyway the men on Fox News are all brown haired dudes

Mr. X

America was doing this white and blonde superiority long before Hitler. I'm sure Hitler got it from us.

Flo_Evans

I'm not even sure what the point of this article is. I don't really think your choice of hair color has anything to do with political affiliation.

Sure Fox News has a "look" they think their audience will enjoy... but who gives a shit.

phanphare

Banned
America was doing this white and blonde superiority long before Hitler. I'm sure Hitler got it from us.

hitler got lots of things from america actually. he was pretty impressed with how it went about oppressing certain groups of people.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
I always wondered why Samus Aran was blonde and blue eyed

Wait ...

Samus Aran.. Samus Aryan

1408.gif

Schattenjäger;248646419 said:
I always wondered why Samus Aran was blonde and blue eyed

Wait ...

Samus Aran.. Samus Aryan

1408.gif

I mean, it's not like she's responsible for the genocide of a species or something...

Lime

Now that I think of it, it's the exact same in Europe. All of the ones below are party leaders of far-right racist parties that have won significant power the last decade or so: All of the below are ultra-racist and it was after they became party leaders that they received more mainstream acceptance, despite saying what's bordering on neo-nazi speech. I guess maybe it's more acceptable to spout racist classist garbage when you're a blonde white woman.

France:

Denmark:

Norway:

I think the other counter-examples would be Germany's Frauke Petry and the UK's Diane James.

Locke562

Now that I think of it, it's the exact same in Europe. All of the ones below are party leaders of far-right racist parties that have won significant power the last decade or so: All of the below are ultra-racist and it was after they became party leaders that they received more mainstream acceptance, despite saying what's bordering on neo-nazi speech. I guess maybe it's more acceptable to spout racist classist garbage when you're a blonde white woman.

France:

Denmark:

Norway:

I think the other counter-examples would be Germany's Frauke Petry and the UK's Diane James.

Look at Dolores Umbridge I mean Betsy Devos.

Many of these "aryan" blondes are some of the most enthusiastic women around when it comes to casual, interracial sex. (not to be confused with marriage or long term relationships)
Shit is weird.

I'm not even sure what the point of this article is. I don't really think your choice of hair color has anything to do with political affiliation.

Sure Fox News has a "look" they think their audience will enjoy... but who gives a shit.
Im not even remotely put off or intimidated by blonde White women, but I have to confess, the alt-right has started to make me look at White men with thick, well trimmed beards more...carefully

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Last part of the article makes more sense

"To be blonde in adulthood is rare; to be blonde as a child is not, and as women grow older, we always search for qualities that connect us to our youth. “A blonde head attracts attention,” says Jena Pincott, a science writer who wrote a book called Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes? (This may be one reason that Marilyn Monroe refused to allow other blondes on her sets.) “Light colors catch the eye. Blonde hair also suggests youth because hair darkens after puberty.” For a lot of women, a few carefully placed Sarah Jessica Parker highlights are just the thing (it can also cover up some gray).

But resist them or not, associations can go a long way. Recently, a study found female politicians with blonde hair tend to do better. Which does call to mind one very notable female politician and her relationship to her hair: For as long as Hillary Clinton was a public figure, Hillary Clinton was a blonde. She worked her hair — dishwater brown and frizzy, according to pre-politics photos — into every version of mainstream acceptable: She wore it with headbands, she wore it in a bob. She tried it longer, shorter, with barrettes and without."

How many of them started crying when they said something racist and got called out then tried to explain how they only love others and are just asking questions?

Lime

Schattenjäger;248648849 said:
Last part of the article makes more sense

"To be blonde in adulthood is rare; to be blonde as a child is not, and as women grow older, we always search for qualities that connect us to our youth. ”A blonde head attracts attention," says Jena Pincott, a science writer who wrote a book called Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes? (This may be one reason that Marilyn Monroe refused to allow other blondes on her sets.) ”Light colors catch the eye. Blonde hair also suggests youth because hair darkens after puberty." For a lot of women, a few carefully placed Sarah Jessica Parker highlights are just the thing (it can also cover up some gray).

But resist them or not, associations can go a long way. Recently, a study found female politicians with blonde hair tend to do better. Which does call to mind one very notable female politician and her relationship to her hair: For as long as Hillary Clinton was a public figure, Hillary Clinton was a blonde. She worked her hair — dishwater brown and frizzy, according to pre-politics photos — into every version of mainstream acceptable: She wore it with headbands, she wore it in a bob. She tried it longer, shorter, with barrettes and without."

Yes, we live and breath white supremacy, so of course Aryan dreams of blonde white women & youth are going to help politicians do better and also why Clinton would require dying her hair for more points.

mnannola

I see some of these women and I have to wonder if they actually know what they are saying or if they are merely parrots. Like I've never seen a Tomi Lahren video where she was making her own unique argument, it's always an argument that has been made somewhere else.

What is her GAF username?

Besides the capitalization, what is the difference?

Once upon a time, to be Irish or Polish meant you weren't actually "white". Hell even now, neo Nazis, white supremacists and alt-righters don't consider Jewish people "white" and fight among themselves about who is more "white" with pathetic little heritage battles. The difference is whatever white supremacy declares is acceptable.

Lime

Once upon a time, to be Irish or Polish meant you weren't actually "white". Hell even now, neo Nazis, white supremacists and alt-righters don't consider Jewish people "white" and fight among themselves about who is more "white" with pathetic little heritage battles. The difference is whatever white supremacy declares is acceptable.

I bet white Latinx are the next ones to be adopted into the power structure of white supremacy.

Flo_Evans

Im not even remotely put off or intimidated by blonde White women, but I have to confess, the alt-right has started to make me look at White men with thick, well trimmed beards more...carefully

Really? I thought most white nationalists went with the clean shaven preppy look. Or are you talking about the Oregon militia type dudes always walking around with trucker hats and molly vests.

I can't really think of an alt right leader that sports a beard.

Half of the women pictured look like that's not their natural hair. Which sort of made me think about something I was reading some years back about how since we're all fucking across cultures now, the recessive blonde gene will all but disappear outside of Nordic countries

Really? I thought most white nationalists went with the clean shaven preppy look. Or are you talking about the Oregon militia type dudes always walking around with trucker hats and molly vests.

I can't really think of an alt right leader that sports a beard.

What affiliation is that @BakedAlaska shithead? People like him and people who look like him make me nervous.

Altazor

I bet white Latinx are the next ones to be adopted into the power structure of white supremacy.

a lot of "white latinos" do believe in white supremacy: they consider themselves to be "Europeans living in the New World" rather than "latinos", because that'd be saying they have mixed blood and of course they don't want to admit that. It's all about "racial purity", so the mestizo plebs that make up the majority of society can't get to the top.

Latin America was built on that shit: the more pure-blooded European you were/are, the higher your position on the ladder was/is. If you were of mixed blood... well, tough luck. And god forbid you had native and black blood running through your veins.

Top Bottom