• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Politics of Blonde White Women as Right-Winged Figures

TaterTots

Banned
I don't think whoever created that wall of blondes was honest (the fact that photoshop filters were applied clearly shows the intention)

Googling Fox News Hosts gives me a list of about two dozen individuals, a number of women in it not blonde:]

That's because it's not honest. I just did my own research and went through each personality. Currently, 34.6% are actually blonde. A lot of the people in the OP were guests. It's silly propaganda.

For anyone curious;
The average age of female personalities at Fox News is 38 and a half. I was bored.

Cocaloch

That's because it's not honest. I just did my own research and went through each personality. Currently, 34.6% are actually blonde. A lot of the people in the OP were guests. It's silly propaganda.

For anyone curious;
The average age of female personalities at Fox News is 38 and a half. I was bored.

You do realize this means blondes would be vastly overrepresented compared to the background American population right? That's what I took to be the point, not that every woman associated with Fox news was blond.

a.wd

No stringy haired, blonde hair, blue eyed, pale skinned buttermilk complexion. Grafted, recessive,
depressive, ironing board backside straight up and straight down. No frills, no thrills, Miss six o'clock, subject to have the itch, mutanoid,
caucazoid, white cave bitch...

Daaaaaamn.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I assumed you meant something like this:
amish-beard-6.jpg

Urgh, I fucking hate that look so much
sorry if any male gaffers sport it,
I just... can't.... the mix of long-ass beard with overly gelled and neat hair is just such an eyesore, I imagine this is the 2010's look people will make fun of in the next decades

lazygecko

Seeing this while growing up cause me to grow a distaste for blondes. Like Fox was saying no PoCs allowed.

As a non-American, seeing these from the outside they always struck me as a very manufactured type of TV personality blonde woman. There was just something slightly unsettling about them.

Urgh, I fucking hate that look so much
sorry if any male gaffers sport it,
I just... can't.... the mix of long-ass beard with overly gelled and neat hair is just such an eyesore, I imagine this is the 2010's look people will make fun of in the next decades

business on the top

moonshine party on the bottom

This is actually very spot-on. The Latin American society still follows the hierarchical racial structure set by the European empires that ruled their land. Despite mixed (European and indigenous) mestizos being the absolute majority in most countries, there's a scary overrepresentation of white people in media (take a look at news reporters, telenovela main characters, etc.) and politics.

The thing is, race and class are pretty much intermixed in the Latin American society. White people there often hold the economic and political power and belong to the upper middle class and upper class. The more "European" you are, the better off you're regarded in society, and thus people of Amerindian descent (who are still at the very bottom of the hierarchical system) try to "convert" themselves into mestizo by adopting mestizo cultural values and sometimes rejecting their own indigenous culture. This was very clear to me when I lived in Bolivia; if a person lived in the countryside, dressed traditionally and followed certain cultural customs, they were considered indigenous, but if that same person (or their children), moved into a urban area, adopted mestizo cultural trends (which almost always means adopting Western-based cultural elements: music, movies, fashion etc.) and spoke Spanish exclusively, they would be considered mestizo, thus climbing up in the racial-class social system. Interestingly, as a result of having more indigenous people claiming to be mestizo, more mestizo (particularly those who are light-skinned) started claiming to be white/European, also in order to climb up and disassociate themselves of those of lower classes. That's why in countries like Bolivia, while there are actual European populations living there, many people who self-declare as white would not pass as such in other countries (particularly Europe or North America).

You only need to see Latin American media to realise this, as it is very evident.

Yep and they're bringing it over here hoping to further continue the success of white supremacy even after all the WASPs die out and become the minority. You could consider it even more insidious and yes they treat black people just as bad to be on top.

Nista

Thank god my hair is naturally dark blonde, so I don't look like something out of Coast magazine or Fox News. Then again I haven't had thousands of dollars of plastic surgery either, so I would look out of place anyway. It wasn't until I cut my hair short for the summer that random people stopped auto-assuming I was a republican out here.

I'm a bit annoyed that the alt-right is also giving my Dad's long beard look from the 70s a bad name.

appaws

Banned
Didn't I read somewhere that blondes are going to go extinct...? Like it is a recessive gene or something so when blondes produce children with others the kids are almost always not blonde...?

So in the modern world of travel and interconnectedness, there eventually won't be blondes anymore except in some remote corners of Sweeden or something?

Lois_Lane

You do realize this means blondes would be vastly overrepresented compared to the background American population right? That's what I took to be the point, not that every woman associated with Fox news was blond.

Blondes makeup on 2% of the country.

Ice Cube song. Actually i think it was a Farrakan quote that they put at the beginning of an Ice Cube track but that's where I heard it.
That was Khalid Muhammad. He was booted from the NOI for being extreme.

He's also featured in a Louis Theourox episode from the early 00s.

Top Bottom